JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 10, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #6,497 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon3003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mind sharing which recordings?
normal_smile .gif

I'll edit this post as I hit them during my normal listening.

First off, there's the stuff that is designed as audiophile test music which sounds fantastic and is fun to listen to, but not the sort of music I personally would listen to a lot of. Things like bella sonus and infected mushroom fall into this category.

In all my musical travels with my JH13s, the track that continues to amaze me - and which will single handedly make you understand what the audio nerd term "dynamic range" means, is My home is in the delta the MFSL remaster of the Muddy Waters album Folk Singer.

You people need to hear this. PM me or contact me on AIM (jensenb9) if you can't find it. I'll let you stream it from my personal music server a few times (then you can go buy it if you like it).

Dec 10, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #6,498 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll edit this post as I hit them during my normal listening.

First off, there's the stuff that is designed as audiophile test music which sounds fantastic and is fun to listen to, but not the sort of music I personally would listen to a lot of. Things like bella sonus and infected mushroom fall into this category.

In all my musical travels with my JH13s, the track that continues to amaze me - and which will single handedly make you understand what the audio nerd term "dynamic range" means, is My home is in the delta the MFSL remaster of the Muddy Waters album Folk Singer.

You people need to hear this. PM me or contact me on AIM (jensenb9) if you can't find it. I'll let you stream it from my personal music server a few times (then you can go buy it if you like it).

Wow, keep them coming. Just bought that Muddy Waters song, not bad at all.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #6,500 of 10,743
Jh-13's are on another level above the hd650's to be fair you would really have to compare them to hd-800's BUT sonically almost everything is improved with further extension more detail and more clarity. The only thing that the hd650 really has on par with a jh-13 is the soundstage.

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #6,502 of 10,743
I posted this as aseparate thread but got no responses, it may be stupid but I need to ask. Has any one had any issues with ear wax being too deep in the JH13 sound tubes to remove with the tool provided. All of a sudden i noticed on both sides almost a white plug right above the filter in the shorter tube (that is the bottom tube). I don't think I hear any drop off in sound, but I just want to know if I am just imagining things or is this something to be concerned about. Thanks

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #6,503 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by yunaforever009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are user's favorite songs that when they played them on the JH13, are "aural sex," to quote Jerry.

There has been a thread that may be helpful to you.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/jh13-tunes-447411/

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #6,504 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.... is My home is in the delta the MFSL remaster of the Muddy Waters album Folk Singer.

Great song!

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #6,506 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
think I've decided on my final design.
Left shell will be triple blue transparent with the following:
1260359628.jpg

(but just the guy and the headphones not the background

There is a guy up in the woods called Timmy - he is a Ninja!!

Ninja Tunes is my favourite record label dude - I actually thought about getting the eyes/mask on mine when I order them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #6,507 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a guy up in the woods called Timmy - he is a Ninja!!

Ninja Tunes is my favourite record label dude - I actually thought about getting the eyes/mask on mine when I order them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh wow hehe if I'm honest I just google searched 'ninja logo' and that's what came up and I liked it
redface.gif
what genre(s) of music do the deal in?
When are you looking to order? If I sell my 530's today then I will place my order either today or tomorrow..can't wait!

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #6,508 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jh-13's are on another level above the hd650's to be fair you would really have to compare them to hd-800's BUT sonically almost everything is improved with further extension more detail and more clarity. The only thing that the hd650 really has on par with a jh-13 is the soundstage.

Yes, but what I meant to ask was, I do like alot the laidback SS from HD650.
and I wonder if it would be just a matter of preference if someone picked up the 650s to listen to instead of the JH13. Or its so much better that with no doubt everyone would pick the Jh13s, even if it doesnt have the laidback sound signature from the 650s ?

Dec 10, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #6,509 of 10,743
Now I´m thinking about some upgrade of my home rig for Jh13. What do you think would be good choice around 1K$ ? I was thinking about apogee mini dac( and some time later buy balanced amp) and upgrade cable(from whiplash looks nice).

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 10, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #6,510 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonho_rp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but what I meant to ask was, I do like alot the laidback SS from HD650.
and I wonder if it would be just a matter of preference if someone picked up the 650s to listen to instead of the JH13. Or its so much better that with no doubt everyone would pick the Jh13s, even if it doesnt have the laidback sound signature from the 650s ?

I think more people would go with the jh-13's just because sonically they really just outshine the 650's. But if you were comparing hd800's and jh-13's there would be very mixed preferences I have heard people liking either or slightly more in that matchup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back