JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 9, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #6,481 of 10,743
ooo yea
biggrin.gif
just got a mail back from Zac, he will be able to use both images with no problems
biggrin.gif
sale pending of my SE530's tomorrow and if that goes ahead then I'll be on the blower to HHA with my order
atsmile.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #6,482 of 10,743
But it says the image is too large and I don't have any software to resize it. ????

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #6,483 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But it says the image is too large and I don't have any software to resize it. ????

open it in paint, press ctrl+a, then ctrl+w and where it says 100% in the two boxes, change that to an appropriate percentage in each box, so 30% or whatever will make it 30% the size of the original image

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #6,484 of 10,743
Ok this should work now. What do you guys think of this image for my artwork on my JH 13s.

Attachment 23540

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #6,485 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok this should work now. What do you guys think of this image for my artwork on my JH 13s.

Attachment 23540

is it something personal to you? like do you have a dog like that?
but yea it looks alright and if you're happy with it then bingo
icon14.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
what shell colour are you having?

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #6,487 of 10,743
No, French Bulldogs don't have tails, so there wouldn't be anything to draw. Do you like the image on a 25% translucent black IEM. I'm trying to keep it dark so I can use it on a plane and use it in the dark so the flight attendents won't see that I have them in my ears. hehe.

Would you do the image?

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #6,489 of 10,743
Just got 'em. First, the bad:

The left one sticks out much further than the right (and the difference in the angle of the face is pretty huge), but I'm guessing the left one is more how it's supposed to be as it seems more stable.

They jiggle and "click" (or the seal does) whilst running (unless I smile, and I don't need to look like Julie Andrews), especially the right. The sound is quite a bit different while on my back or when looking up or down...bleah. Guess I'm in that 7-9%. And what's up with it being the right one that moves around? Soundstage moves depending on where my head is pointing, which is kind of odd. I look up (or lay on my back) and everything shifts left and the midrange comes alive, maybe even a little excessively. Moving my jaw and/or cheeks around a just a little changes the tone quite a lot in any position but on my back.

Oh yeah, Lisa Tannenbaum did my impressions, so it's not like I could have gone to anyone better...

Also, they sound downright dark out of the Porta Corda Mk II -- much better from the iPod Touch / Classic / Clip. I wasn't expecting that, but I've been planning on upgrading amps at some point anyway. Not a negative by any means, just found that interesting.

Oh, and my Sansa Fuse died during the second song I played on it through these. It's been an eventful morning!

Even with all that, tho, they sound pretty fantastic. I feel like I'm missing some detail/extension up high relative to the ER-4S, but fit may have something to do with that. (I hope!)

And I'm going to wear 'em for a few days and see what happens before I call JH in a panic, maybe my ears will evolve.

Edit: yeah, even just walking the right one clicks. Ugh.
Edit 2: Pushing the left one in produces uniform pressure. The right feels like it's just digging into my canal, not putting pressure onto the surrounding bone. I know nothing about this stuff, but that seems like that's suboptimal.

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #6,490 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had these for something like 6 mos now and on certain recordings I cannot believe the fidelity that comes out of these little shells.

Mind sharing which recordings?
normal_smile .gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #6,491 of 10,743
I want a small case.
Like this↓
JHAudioCase2.jpg

popcorn.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #6,494 of 10,743
More thoughts on the case: The CF one needs feet on the bottom. I'll probably find some rubber ones that came with something and stick 'em on, but it'd be nice if they were included. Don't want to scratch it and/or what it's on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back