ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Dec 11, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #4,066 of 5,069
1670783009433.png
My weekend reader about the new ISN cables the ISN S2, H2, and C2. All in one. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/isn-audio-h2.26206/review/29742/

Dec 12, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #4,067 of 5,069
I've had my EST50 for awhile, paired with the Penon Flow cable as the stock cable was rather meh and allowed the EST50 to kinda overload on the bass. With the all silver Flow and wide mouthed tips, the bass was somewhat tamed and allowed the EST50 to shine.
For some time I've been thinking of trying the Solar TOTL cable from ISN to pair with the TOTL EST50. I finally took the plunge and am I ever glad I did. It takes the EST50 to a whole other level. Granted I own what many believe is one of the best DAPs on the planet (and I agree:) ) and this does play into the sound but with the Solar the EST50 plays with kilobuck IEMs with ease. The sound takes on a richer, fuller character with extra extension on both ends. It becomes more refined and "smooth" but also way more resolved. Back round becomes much blacker. It truly makes the EST50 a world class IEM, up there with my Trailii in many respects, and even surpasses it in others. If you have an EST50, you owe it to yourself to try and get this cable to realize this little guys full potential.

Dec 13, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #4,068 of 5,069
Dec 17, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #4,070 of 5,069
Update on the EST50/SOLAR combo.
I've been hanging in the Watercooler thread for ages (can be very costly!). I got on the tour for the Fir 3 kilobuck IEMs but mostly wanted to hear the Xe6, known as a bass master and VERY highly touted over there. Well I got them and almost instantly dismissed the lower 2 (the 4&5 models) as my Trailii is better and proceeded to compare the Xe6 to my bass king, the EST50/SOLAR.
Long story short, the EST50 won IMHO. Focusing mostly on bass they were neck and neck-one excelling a tab better than the other on select bass qualities but VERY similar in general. The EST50 did actually have more slam when called for.
The mids were neck and neck, both beautiful. The highs are where I felt the Xe6 fell down a bit as they had a slightly metallic character and a bit "etched" vibe which got a bit fatiguing after a while. The EST50 highs were more organic, natural, real sounding. So, the $900 combo bested the $4K Fir! (Strictly my take).
Also, put the SOLAR cable on my Trailii and IMHO (again) it bested the $$$$ PW 1960 cable........ worth a listen folks.

Dec 17, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #4,071 of 5,069
You now helped Penon sell a EST50 😉, been close to pulling the trigger for a while now. I'll start without a cable upgrade first, then take it from there.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #4,073 of 5,069
Anyone who has a stabilized orange EST50 that can post a picture?

Unsure if I shall go the safe green or the more spicy orange. And it helps seeing pictures that are not the stock shop pictures.

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #4,074 of 5,069
Anyone who has a stabilized orange EST50 that can post a picture?

Unsure if I shall go the safe green or the more spicy orange. And it helps seeing pictures that are not the stock shop pictures.
Not too many orange versions in the wild If I remember correctly the orange version was released much later. I say go for the stabilized orange. I bet it looks excellent in first person. Plus you can have bragging rights that you got the only Orange version. Heck that is reason enough alone to get a set.

1671310237136.png

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #4,075 of 5,069
A pair of ISN EST50 is ordered in Stabilized Orange wood, going to be a pair with some black and orange👌

Probably not going to arrive before new year, will be fun. Have been tempted for a while to get my perfect fun bass IEM.

As I see it for me. I want a fun technical bass IEM EST50, a technical IEM more neutral SA6 and a relaxing engaging IEM my Serial. Also still having fun with H30 but keep it at my work setup.

Next step is to be satisfied for a while before buying anymore😉

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #4,076 of 5,069
A pair of ISN EST50 is ordered in Stabilized Orange wood, going to be a pair with some black and orange👌

Probably not going to arrive before new year, will be fun. Have been tempted for a while to get my perfect fun bass IEM. As I see it I want a fun technical bass IEM EST50, a technical IEM more neutral SA6 and a relaxing engaging IEM my Serial. Also still having fun with H30 but keep it at my work setup.
Please share your thoughts about EST50 when you receive it. I'm interested in getting one myself 😃

Dec 19, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #4,077 of 5,069

Probably not going to arrive before new year, will be fun. Have been tempted for a while to get my perfect fun bass IEM.

As I see it for me. I want a fun technical bass IEM EST50, a technical IEM more neutral SA6 and a relaxing engaging IEM my Serial. Also still having fun with H30 but keep it at my work setup.

I'm thinking about about an EST50 eventually but will be getting a Truthear HEXA for neutrality next year. I reckon a copper cable will warm it just enough. Feel like making a modular one for ease of use. Toxic Cables have some nice 7N OCC at the moment.

Have put some Spinfit CP145 S on my Serial - great fit. Makes sense when I think about it - bigger nozzle, go down a tip size.

Dec 19, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #4,078 of 5,069
The three will have a lot of music covered for you. Congratulations on the move forward, this is exciting and a real-life adventure! And.....the forth IEM, the H30 will always be refreshing, too!

Cheers!

Edit: Come to think about it, I view the same IEMs the very same way..... exactly?

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #4,079 of 5,069
And.....the forth IEM, the H30 will always be refreshing, too!

Good to have some other IEMs to change it up, love going back to some of the single DDs for a while. Then when going back it's like WOW this is good 😉

Dec 19, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #4,080 of 5,069
Good to have some other IEMs to change it up, love going back to some of the single DDs for a while. Then when going back it's like WOW this is good 😉
Your audio enthusiasm is more valuable than any IEM in this thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back