ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN H60!
Dec 23, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #4,096 of 5,157
Hello ISN IEMs owners.

I cannot make my mind between the H50 or the EST50. I have read some of your reviews and impressions in the last few days, but still, I am torn apart between these two.

I am listening to a lot of different music styles and I have different sources, mainly DAPs, with a neutral, slightly warm or warm signature. I need a clean, textured, but real pounding sub-bass, prefer a not too emphasized mid-bass and want my mids to be alive yet not too shouty. The treble needs to be extended while natural. If I have to choose, better less than too much resolution and details. I used to own the Aroma Jewel and I extensively listened to the Traillii. Both amazing for sure, but I am now looking for a baby Jewel with a less fatiguing signature and a tad more bass.

I have some aftermarket cables at hand (PAC480, Satin Audio Hyperion, ISN S16), but I also let me advice if someone comes with a valid recommendation.

Thanks a lot in advance:v:
Such a tough question. I was leaning towards the H50 when I reviewed it......obviously new, better....and all. But then something happened, I went and got the ISN SC4 cable. Such an invention changes the presentation going on with the ISN EST50. So where before the H50 has this pace and bounce that was the cat’s meow, this change to the EST50 was landmark.

Me being not as seasoned with cables (as others) to understand the affects they produce. I failed to instantly try the ISN SC4 and EST50 combo, I was sitting around one day and thought, what if? The other fact was I ended-up getting the ISN SC4 after my EST50 review. So I have not talked about such unions too much.1st off the SC4 cable steered the ISN EST50 in a bold new direction. What was a L shape response is tailored with subtle but real attenuation of bass frequencies. This alteration of balance then creates a window so that the treble shines through. Meaning with the SC4 really there are two concepts at work. One the treble is offered a silky forgiveness in tone enabling a style of wonderful detail while still being lush and “non-biting”. The enhancement came along in union with the bass becoming slightly less pronounced yet also wonderfully still there, only set back just a little. The actions then brought the mids of the ISN EST50 up as an added feature. So now both the H50 and ISN EST50 share a common appreciation in my collection. It’s a view that may not be of any help to your question, but it’s how I feel.

I wish I could recommend one over the other in regards to one being better at a certain style of music, but no, they are both well rounded performers. There is a price difference and that EST50 price is increased more with the purchase of the $99 aftermarket SC4 cable, and the reward you get is a finished and more lush treble. But different than some I actually really like BA treble and find it’s bite to be effective in getting a balance to the low-end, it’s just that ESTs in certain cases offer a (probably) more complex and refined treble? It may depend how much you value (personally) that enhanced treble experience. As we all know “tune” normally wins out over technicalities, and the top-end ESTs offer those added technicalities, but the H50 offers a different and equally good stance in the combo of mids and treble W signature? Where I really view them as equals. Though the warm luscious bass (house sound) is slightly more controlled with the H50, it’s still very much has a style of bass focus ISN is known for, the EST50 bass is slightly more of a softer less paced blanket, the SC4 adding a clearness to the EST50 bass which allows all the frequencies above the sub-bass to be viewed with added detail. Yet still that EST50 bass is slower and grandeur in response, like a big slower moving ship. And while many may view such a style of response as derogatory, there are folks who love that bass personality and brought to it...........holding it as the ultimate quality. It’s just that maybe the H50 offers a only slightly more brighter tone due to the midrange and treble, and while that boost IS in itself clarity, such clarity could be viewed as not holding the refinement and composure of the EST50 treble?
@Guipnox you will note, he is 100% happy with his order!
Man.
I'm so indecisive.
Reading this right now when I'm about to buy ISN EST50 lol
Basically, with ISN SC4 cable, which one has more rumbly, physical, sub-bass, with fast/slammy midbass, while retaining good enough mids (for the rare moment I listen to metal/other genres), AND so much clarity/extended highs?
Thanks in advance,
Gui

Dec 23, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #4,097 of 5,157
ISN C2 and Penon Serial has been a blast. Didn't think I would like this as much as I did. Is it placebo or not, doesn't matter. A already lush full sounding Serial with the C2 gives even more weight to the sound while not loosing away detail. Also got the S2 that I did believe was going to be my pick of cable with Serial but here I was wrong.

The S2 is now cabled together with my wife's Blon 03, also a good pairing. Maybe a tad weird using a more expensive cable than the IEM itself, but the combo works very good.

Dec 23, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #4,098 of 5,157
That’s great to hear! You can always use the S2 with the Fan 2, also. :)
ISN C2 and Penon Serial has been a blast. Didn't think I would like this as much as I did. Is it placebo or not, doesn't matter. A already lush full sounding Serial with the C2 gives even more weight to the sound while not loosing away detail. Also got the S2 that I did believe was going to be my pick of cable with Serial but here I was wrong.

The S2 is now cabled together with my wife's Blon 03, also a good pairing. Maybe a tad weird using a more expensive cable than the IEM itself, but the combo works very good.

Dec 23, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #4,099 of 5,157
That’s great to hear! You can always use the S2 with the Fan 2, also. :)
Will try it before it gets sold off, I listed the FAN 2 for sale today here in my own country first. Comfort ruins them for me, still what a great IEM. Already have many IEMs making it hard to choose at times.

I do think my collection will be very satifactory and complete for now when the ESt50 arrive.

Just need to close the thought of a H50, hard to close :beerchug:

Dec 23, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #4,100 of 5,157
@Guipnox : Hi there. Sorry, I didn’t follow the whole thing. Are you fancying the EST50? Just pm me if you need some insight. Happy to help. Merry xmas btw🎄🥂🎁

Dec 23, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #4,101 of 5,157
@Guipnox : Hi there. Sorry, I didn’t follow the whole thing. Are you fancying the EST50? Just pm me if you need some insight. Happy to help. Merry xmas btw🎄🥂🎁
Thanks, man.
Merry Christmas to you too.

Yeah.
I'm 99% sure that I'm gonna buy it.
🕺 emote from your signature really resonates with the way I listen to music.
I need things to be insane, basically all the time.
It's very rare when I chill.
Gonna pm you.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #4,102 of 5,157
Thanks, man.
Merry Christmas to you too.

Yeah.
I'm 99% sure that I'm gonna buy it.
🕺 emote from your signature really resonates with the way I listen to music.
I need things to be insane, basically all the time.
It's very rare when I chill.
Gonna pm you.
The EST50 are kind of V-shaped IEMs that spice your evenings if you want them to.
Moving your booty kind of signature…

Dec 23, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #4,103 of 5,157
Trying to hold my patience here until the EST50 arrives, all this talk makes me check the tracking again and again😉

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #4,104 of 5,157
Trying to hold my patience here until the EST50 arrives, all this talk makes me check the tracking again and again😉

Already seen a picture of my sample, looking forward to see it at home.
You will like them, especially out of your Feliks Audio Echo! This combo will kick a**

Dec 23, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #4,105 of 5,157
That's the thing.............the EST50 offers a plethora of tuning options..................which is best? Well.............personal taste being the determining factor as to which is best, but due to the intrinsic natural tone of the IEM, many colors are of choice and exploration, maybe it's almost endless? Who said switches are the way? We have an IEM that's so versatile!
You will like them, especially out of your Feliks Audio Echo! This combo will kick a**

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #4,106 of 5,157
At the same entry ticket level of thing, the FatFreq Maestro Mini (MM) do exist and these give the EST50 a run for their money. The MM are more subbass focused, but show less midbass emphasis. The mids are a tad fuller on the MM and the treble a bit less artificial. We are splitting hairs here, but yes, the MM, they pound and they kind of redefine the V-signature in my opinion.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #4,107 of 5,157
Anyone diggin’ some good home-produced electronics? This is q track from a very coherent sounding album that greatly pairs with the EST50 and a warmish potent source.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #4,108 of 5,157
Those times…

Dec 24, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #4,110 of 5,157
Anyone diggin’ some good home-produced electronics? This is q track from a very coherent sounding album that greatly pairs with the EST50 and a warmish potent source.

I am very weird in music taste, but I often love to put on a bassy IEM or headphone listening to Techno(often albums that are not the normal EDM tracks people listen too). Then the next evening its suddenly none stop Prog, Doom, instrumental Metal. And then next day perhaps Jazz for hours.

Albums bringing in Electronica and Jazz elements is also fun or (Fusion Jazz), The Cometh is coming, Red Snapper Herbie Hancock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back