ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Aug 3, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #2,824 of 5,046
Than
bumbed that didnt work out for you there Bob hope you can recoup most of that cost and get yourself something different.

Thanks. I can see why some may like it. For me, I find the bass a little inaccurate, and overall I find it a bit dark.

In fact, listening to it last night made me think of the "old" schism between which headphone one preferred: The Senn. HD650 vs HD600. I think those who preferred the HD650 might go for the EST50.

I was a HD600 guy.

Aug 3, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #2,825 of 5,046
OK now I understand. You like your treble to be a bit more up front. The EST50 treble I feel is tuned well but it not exaggerated or highlighted like a lot of earphones and at the same time it is clearly a very colored set. Bass is a bit exaggerated on them and I put that on my review.

When you recoup some funds I know you have no reason to believe me at this point but the set you need to look at is a much cheaper earphone sold on Penon called Yanyin alladin. Might be more your cuppa.

Aug 3, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #2,826 of 5,046
Than

Thanks. I can see why some may like it. For me, I find the bass a little inaccurate, and overall I find it a bit dark.

In fact, listening to it last night made me think of the "old" schism between which headphone one preferred: The Senn. HD650 vs HD600. I think those who preferred the HD650 might go for the EST50.

I was a HD600 guy.
@Dsnuts doesn't that sound like a prospect for TSMR Land?

Aug 3, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #2,827 of 5,046
Ya but LAND is even more expensive than the EST50. Last thing I need to see is for Bob to get the LAND and not be for him as well. Lol but Aladdin is a safe bet and does so many things right. It is much less colored tuning and one of the best balanced hybrids I can think of at any price right now so that was an easy recommend.

Aladdin might not have EST drivers but its treble is highly refined. Your gonna get yours soon. You will understand soon yourself.

Aug 3, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #2,829 of 5,046
OK now I understand. You like your treble to be a bit more up front. The EST50 treble I feel is tuned well but it not exaggerated or highlighted like a lot of earphones and at the same time it is clearly a very colored set. Bass is a bit exaggerated on them and I put that on my review.

When you recoup some funds I know you have no reason to believe me at this point but the set you need to look at is a much cheaper earphone sold on Penon called Yanyin alladin. Might be more your cuppa.

Have you heard the Alladin? I'd like something with H40 or Penon Orb bass, but more refined, though not sizzling highs.

Edit: I think you get my tastes. To elaborate on that -- I found the Penon Volt a little too dark for my tastes and sold them. I thought they were good -- but I knew they wouldn't be getting any head time.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #2,830 of 5,046
Yanyin alladin. I have them on the burn in and introduced them here. There is a reason why i am pointing you toward these. Take a look at the graph on them and it might give you a good indication of how they are tuned.

These are more sub bass focused but don't really lack in any part of the sound tuning you can read more about them on the thread there.
I am going to start a review for them very soon but just know there is a reason why I stated a thread for them.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #2,833 of 5,046
You're all gonna think I'm wacky. I looked through my wicker basket for some wide bore silicon tips and slapped a pair of Azla SednaEarfits on the EST50.

I may hold off on selling these ...
Lol. Pretty sure I said this exact thing last week. Wide bore tips are a perfect fit on these IEMs. Allows the bass to not get congested.

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #2,834 of 5,046
You're all gonna think I'm wacky. I looked through my wicker basket for some wide bore silicon tips and slapped a pair of Azla SednaEarfits on the EST50.

I may hold off on selling these ...

Not wacky at all, IMO. If the EST50 are anything at all like the H40, I'd give the ePro EP00 horn tips a shot too. The ePro have supplanted the Azla Sedna and Symbio Peels as my go-to wide bore tips.

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #2,835 of 5,046
Not wacky at all, IMO. If the EST50 are anything at all like the H40, I'd give the ePro EP00 horn tips a shot too. The ePro have supplanted the Azla Sedna and Symbio Peels as my go-to wide bore tips.
Yeah on Penon IEMs JVC Spiral Dots are much better than anything besides ePro Horns which are far and away the best for improving bass and soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back