ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Aug 4, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #2,851 of 5,044
Thank you so much ! I will try the CP240 and buy a pair of ePro EP00. For the Xelastec, I already have them and yes ... It's not my style at all. That's why I'm not a fan of SpiralDots or other Spinfit models, I guess, I am basshead.

I can't make a concession for either one. If I lose bass rumble/quantities/authorities or lose depht/wider soundstage, then the tips are not for me. But it's quite hard to find the perfect tips increasing the soundstage and bass.
I had a pair that were perfect when I was younger. But I don't know the model anymore and how to find them !
Likewise
1628080071455.png

But I seriously Love my Mids, I don't want them very recessed, and my trebles, not overcooked, not very spicy

Therefore, we deduce to only the following tips:
1. SF CP-240 - Bass & mids, controlled, smoothed out treble
2. Sedna Earfit Grey Stem - Bass & treble
Others to consider for pure basshead level bass
3. Sony EP-EX11 - Same as #1, but a little better trebles

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #2,852 of 5,044
Sedna Xelastics for the win for me. I keep some on hand but only as a last resort and in the case of the EST50 it brought the bass to a more controlled level and did not sacrifice any top end clarity. And, they are the most comfortable in this case. I must swapped between at least ten different sets of tips looking for a good fit and sound.

Aug 4, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #2,853 of 5,044
Wow. Straight out of box the H40 is incredible. I expected it to be good but this is really good. Rich tonality and absolutely insane soundstage. I cannot believe these things are sub-$200.

I was a little concerned about shell size but these fit me like a glove.

Aug 4, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #2,855 of 5,044
Bass tames and tightens a bit after some burn in actually which brings out even more clarity for the mids. Nothing wrong with some H40 lovin. It was my pick for best bang for buck earphone for all of last year actually. Not too many earphones sound like that or give that kind of value for the bucks even today.

Aug 4, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #2,856 of 5,044
Bass tames and tightens a bit after some burn in actually which brings out even more clarity for the mids. Nothing wrong with some H40 lovin. It was my pick for best bang for buck earphone for all of last year actually. Not too many earphones sound like that or give that kind of value for the bucks even today.
Yeah I have noticed the dynamics Penon IEMs use for the low end tend to change a lot more with burn in than most other IEMs I’ve tried. It was actually the Globe earlier this year that made me a burn in believer.

I’m really looking forward to getting to know the H40, I think I might end up preferring it to the Globe even, but of course it’s too early to tell. Either way these are obviously a stellar deal even a year and a half later and that’s saying something in the current market.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #2,857 of 5,044
Yeah I have noticed the dynamics Penon IEMs use for the low end tend to change a lot more with burn in than most other IEMs I’ve tried. It was actually the Globe earlier this year that made me a burn in believer.

I’m really looking forward to getting to know the H40, I think I might end up preferring it to the Globe even, but of course it’s too early to tell. Either way these are obviously a stellar deal even a year and a half later and that’s saying something in the current market.
Pair this with the YY tin-plated copper cable, the brown coloured one and you're set

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #2,858 of 5,044
Wow. Straight out of box the H40 is incredible. I expected it to be good but this is really good. Rich tonality and absolutely insane soundstage. I cannot believe these things are sub-$200.

I was a little concerned about shell size but these fit me like a glove.

I know you'll have to review the H40 as is, but for... personal enjoyment.. I'm inclined to suggest giving the mesh mod a go. The mesh-modded H40 handily bested the Fiio FD5 in terms of resolution, staging, and bass performance to my ears in several rounds of comparison.

I also personally found the H40's bass to settle down dramatically with burn in, although it didn't take too long, certainly nowhere near a 100 hours, or even 50.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #2,859 of 5,044
Is there a link to this "Mesh Mod"?

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #2,860 of 5,044
Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #2,861 of 5,044
I also personally found the H40's bass to settle down dramatically with burn in, although it didn't take too long, certainly nowhere near a 100 hours, or even 50.
Yeah, 24 hours of burn in has much better bass balance. Really liking this sound. At this point I think the main improvement the Globe has vs this IEM is a richer and lusher midrange tonality, but the more neutral midrange of the H40 has its own advantages with a more expansive soundstage presentation. To me they are more different flavors of a single theme rather than one being a direct upgrade. Though bass will still need to be better evaluated as burn in proceeds. Also need to tiproll, I’ve just been listening with Spiral Dots so far.

Vocals are extremely well-balanced with instrumentation. Treble is very nice and even too.

Really impressed so far.

Aug 7, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #2,862 of 5,044
The H40 is one of the few IEMs of the past year that I consistently can’t wait to get back into my ears. Some IEMs have that subtle brilliance where they don’t make a big show of themselves, but you’re reluctant to take them out of your ears once they’re there.

The H40 is not like that. It’s more just straight addictive. It definitely makes a big show of itself, with its absurdly huge soundstage and it’s eardrum-massaging and extremely well-textured bass that somehow still makes plenty of room for full (yet quite clear) mids.

The treble definitely takes a backseat in the tuning, although I never feel like there’s anything missing. Makes me really curious to hear the EST50.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #2,863 of 5,044
My EST50 sounds better on my ears with Sednaearfit. I love it very much but my issue now is a bit sore after long hours.
My EP00s are on their way, I hope they fit well with my ears and sounds at least same as Sednaearfit.

Aug 9, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #2,864 of 5,044
My EST50 sounds better on my ears with Sednaearfit. I love it very much but my issue now is a bit sore after long hours.
My EP00s are on their way, I hope they fit well with my ears and sounds at least same as Sednaearfit.
That could be similar to "new shoes"
Re: shell fit, my Orbs were like that for about 3 months. The soreness was gone thereafter...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back