ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Aug 3, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #2,836 of 5,044
Ok Bob that is a cardinal sin. You mean to tell me you haven't tip rolled this entire time?
1628018585538.png

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #2,839 of 5,044
Yeah on Penon IEMs JVC Spiral Dots are much better than anything besides ePro Horns which are far and away the best for improving bass and soundstage.

I haven't had the occasion to try the Spiral Dots on my H40, but can attest to their ability to reduce the mid-bass hump on other IEMs I've tried them with. I found they also have the effect of smoothing the treble region, which can either be a welcome or unwelcome effect, but I've relegated them to use for only the most V-shaped IEMs.

Separately, I see you have the H40 incoming. I've tremendously enjoyed reading your reviews, and curious to hear your impressions, especially with respect to the Rose QT-9 MK2 which I've been contemplating as a complementary set...

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #2,840 of 5,044
Ok Bob that is a cardinal sin. You mean to tell me you haven't tip rolled this entire time?

Oops [sheepish grin]
Early on I said I wasn't going to tip roll until after burn-in to remove extraneous variables from the "does this improve with burn-in" experiment.

Guess I got a little ahead of myself. Or behind.

Yeah, these sound very good. Especially compared to the included green silicon tips (which worked great for me on the H40).

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #2,841 of 5,044
Separately, I see you have the H40 incoming. I've tremendously enjoyed reading your reviews, and curious to hear your impressions, especially with respect to the Rose QT-9 MK2 which I've been contemplating as a complementary set...
Thanks for the kind words. I will be reviewing the H40 even though I'm a few years late to the party! Will definitely include a comparison to the QT-9 as well as the Penon Globe as other notable hybrids in the price segment.

Aug 3, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #2,843 of 5,044
OK! Proper tip rolling 101. Always tip roll and I am talking every single earphone you own from here on out. And don't stick to the same tips before and after the burn in process as sometimes that tip you tried in the beginning might not be optimal after your burn in.

Whenever you are adding a new process or a parameter for example lets say you just got a new pure silver cable you want to try on the EST50. You gotta tip roll after that as the first tip you had on there might not sound as good with the new cable.

A new amp or source. The same process. Srsly Bob!

Na but glad thats what it was. Lol. Now you can really hear what they are about.

Aug 3, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #2,844 of 5,044
You're all gonna think I'm wacky. I looked through my wicker basket for some wide bore silicon tips and slapped a pair of Azla SednaEarfits on the EST50.

I may hold off on selling these ...
Lol
Most of the time, this pair's what I use on the Volts
sedna-earfit.jpg

Aug 3, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #2,845 of 5,044
Aug 3, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #2,846 of 5,044
Not wacky at all, IMO. If the EST50 are anything at all like the H40, I'd give the ePro EP00 horn tips a shot too. The ePro have supplanted the Azla Sedna and Symbio Peels as my go-to wide bore tips.
...And the widest Bore, is non other than the E-pro inverted (or Not).
Crispier than the SD++, brings out the best in those ests.

Aug 4, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #2,848 of 5,044
So EST50 are a little eartips dependant ?

If we want the best soundstage and the best bass quality / authorities that they can get (I want to feel the bass and be immersed in a 3D sound). Which eartips de you recommend ?
I saw the ePro EP00 but hey, if Bob had a problem with the tips then they are fine with the H40. It's a quite risky to buy them. Was looking for Spinfit cp240 but if the nozzle is large, the double flange is not a good idea.

Aug 4, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #2,849 of 5,044
So EST50 are a little eartips dependant ?

If we want the best soundstage and the best bass quality / authorities that they can get (I want to feel the bass and ). Which eartips de you recommend ?
and better Treble resolution
1628070335041.png

"...be immersed in a 3D sound" - Xelastec, for increased Stage Depth & Height, on the condition that you take lesser, more neutral bass
1628070534076.png

I saw the ePro EP00 but hey, if Bob had a problem with the tips then they are fine with the H40. It's a quite risky to buy them. Was looking for Spinfit cp240 but if the nozzle is large, the double flange is not a good idea.
The double flange gives off one of the best bass for in ear headphones.
But this pair is also a treble suppressor.
It beats the Sony EP-EX11...
1628070732709.png

Aug 4, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #2,850 of 5,044
and better Treble resolution
1628070335041.png

"...be immersed in a 3D sound" - Xelastec, for increased Stage Depth & Height, on the condition that you take lesser, more neutral bass
1628070534076.png

The double flange gives off one of the best bass for in ear headphones.
But this pair is also a treble suppressor.
It beats the Sony EP-EX11...
1628070732709.png

Thank you so much ! I will try the CP240 and buy a pair of ePro EP00. For the Xelastec, I already have them and yes ... It's not my style at all. That's why I'm not a fan of SpiralDots or other Spinfit models, I guess, I am basshead.

I can't make a concession for either one. If I lose bass rumble/quantities/authorities or lose depht/wider soundstage, then the tips are not for me. But it's quite hard to find the perfect tips increasing the soundstage and bass.
I had a pair that were perfect when I was younger. But I don't know the model anymore and how to find them !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back