ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jun 29, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #2,536 of 5,068
Nothing I can mention really. Of course you have to be a fan of bass in your music. And when I say bass in your music the EST50 sounds very natural with not head ache inducing type of bass. The quality gets better and better as the dynamic ages. They are supremely musical if you get the right tips and the stock cable matches up pretty good with them. I am learning more and more about them every day but my set is firing off at 100% and they sound fantastic.

They isolate well too. I would say easily 26 plus dbs of isolation. These are perfect for outdoor activities by the way since they isolate well and has the necessary bass for outdoor listening. I have been writing my review on them but you guys can probably guess how I am gonna write about these. These have been the center of my attention ever since they landed at my door.

Another little peripheral I can recommend to enhance the EST50s. Tips and cables which I will cover on my review but also these.
I love that pigtail with IT07 :)

Jun 29, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #2,538 of 5,068
Jun 29, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #2,539 of 5,068
I got a discount code from Penon so I ordered the EST50. Cheapest Tri-brid set for me so far. Keeping my fingers crossed. I found the Land too bright so hopefully these will be better solution for me.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #2,540 of 5,068
EST50 treble is nice n smooth is balanced well with the mids actually and is not as emphasized as the LAND treble. Don't know how long you owned the LAND but they really need a good burn in before the treble balances out. My LAND sounds great actually. I did remember when I was burning them in it got to a point where tonality got bright at one point, now sounds fantastic.

EST50s are the opposite. They will sound warm out of the box but treble opens up and evens out nicely after some burn in.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #2,541 of 5,068
EST50 treble is nice n smooth is balanced well with the mids actually and is not as emphasized as the LAND treble. Don't know how long you owned the LAND but they really need a good burn in before the treble balances out. My LAND sounds great actually. I did remember when I was burning them in it got to a point where tonality got bright at one point, now sounds fantastic.

EST50s are the opposite. They will sound warm out of the box but treble opens up and evens out nicely after some burn in.
I think I let the Land break in at least 150 hours and I saw little change. I even tried bringing down the treble with EQ but it just did not sound right to me. I have the Tri Starlight and they are very bright as well but they EQ very well. They sound really good when I drop the Treble down with EQ. I'm kind of hoping the EST50 will be a bit like the Mofasest Trio with more bass.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #2,542 of 5,068
It is like Mofaset trio with more mids actually bass has some serious weight to it I doubt folks are gonna be disappointed with them especially if your a bass fan.
However. Bass does sound a bit funny on open listen. Just know it wont sound like that after burn in. You will see what I mean.

I use that PAC480 cable on the LANDs and it did a great job balancing out the sound of the LAND for me I suppose we all have different tolerances for treble. Mine sounds great wouldn't trade them for nothing. I like them just as much as my IER Z1R actually.

Jun 30, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #2,543 of 5,068
It is like Mofaset trio with more mids actually bass has some serious weight to it I doubt folks are gonna be disappointed with them especially if your a bass fan.
However. Bass does sound a bit funny on open listen. Just know it wont sound like that after burn in. You will see what I mean.

I use that PAC480 cable on the LANDs and it did a great job balancing out the sound of the LAND for me I suppose we all have different tolerances for treble. Mine sounds great wouldn't trade them for nothing. I like them just as much as my IER Z1R actually.
I wish I could get comfortable with PAC480...it is so heavy and stiff that it gets realy uncomfortable, even at sitting down. There's a constant pull on my ears. Yeah it makes LAND sound phenomenal, but I can just never get comfortable with it. I am getting the OS849 back today, even though it is also heavy, at least it is lighter than PAC480. Will see how it plays with LAND.

Jun 30, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #2,544 of 5,068
I wish I could get comfortable with PAC480...it is so heavy and stiff that it gets realy uncomfortable, even at sitting down. There's a constant pull on my ears. Yeah it makes LAND sound phenomenal, but I can just never get comfortable with it. I am getting the OS849 back today, even though it is also heavy, at least it is lighter than PAC480. Will see how it plays with LAND.
Yeah, I picked up a Pac480 and I had 2 issues. First, the slider cinch was in 2 pieces when it arrived but it appears to screw together so hopefully it holds. Second, I also find the cable to be a bit kinky and stiff. The weight doesn't really bother me as I have other cables that are as heavy. I received it after I had already sold the land. I'll give it a try with the EST50 and/or the incoming Oracle.

Jun 30, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #2,545 of 5,068
could never get the proper seal with the eHorns for me, the material feels a bit too thin and flimsy for me. Will be getting the Fender SureSeal tips this weekend, will see how they go with the EST50s.

The original Thermoplastic ear tips (L)
Mine came w/ the Aurisonics Kickers...
IMG_20210630_095215.jpg

Jun 30, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #2,547 of 5,068
EST50 treble is actually not quite enough for me. It's smooth for sure but could use more spark.
This' coming from using piezo's treble. *cough* intime *cough* @ehjie.
How many hours EST50 sounded?

Jun 30, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #2,548 of 5,068
Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #2,549 of 5,068
Jun 30, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #2,550 of 5,068
EST50 treble is actually not quite enough for me. It's smooth for sure but could use more spark.
This' coming from using piezo's treble. *cough* intime *cough* @ehjie.
Keep them on the burn in but if you have a longer sitting tip with a medium sized opening like the symbio Ws or even better a double flange tip give those a try. short tips dont seem to mesh well with the EST50s. I am finding out that there is so much dense information coming from the drivers it needs some energy via longer tube path to generate proper energy to your ears.

Burn in for the EST treble is essential as it seems to open up the treble end more so. The tone on my unit changed after about a week of burn in same thing happened to the volts. My EST50 don't sound lacking at all for treble. These don't have a lot of lower treble emphasis you get with a lot of Chi fi earphones so that might be the difference there for you but I would keep them on the burn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back