ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jun 30, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #2,567 of 5,046
814AE460-BFEA-4A0C-AC1D-95779CF01184.jpeg
I didn’t notice any changes with the Quad ESTs in Tansio Spark after 100 hours.
I wonder if the changes (if any) would be in the timbre rather than frequency response. You can't measure that as far as I know. Just a thought. I have experienced changes on some IEMs that don't necessarily reflect a change in tuning but rather an improvement in details or clarity.

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #2,568 of 5,046
OK great.
I'll find some and buy them before the iems get to me. So I will try them and check with the others that I have, such as Spiral Dots, Azla Xelastec and normal, spinfit CP145, etc.

This is what works for me so that is not set in stone but there does seem to be something with the longer sitting tips on the EST50 nozzle that equates to better balance and sound in general. So I would get the phones first. Do the song and dance ritual and then go trough the tip collection and cables.

Jun 30, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #2,569 of 5,046
What tips are these? Where can I buy them?
I also bought some EST50 last week, taking advantage of the exclusive discount that sent to me from Penon Audio.
I can't wait to receive and burn them, and be able to compare them to my current itsfit Fusion.
I have also bought an extra pure silver cable and a graphene cable. I'll try both and I'll tell you which one I prefer with the new EST50s.
Don't think Brainwavz sells tips anymore, I have some Acoustune AET06 coming in, will let you know how they sound. The XinHs graphene cable sounds pretty good with the EST50.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #2,570 of 5,046
Good IEM. Another fun-tuned budget king. I have both original and 2019 versions. I think the original has a tad bit more bass than 2019 (also depending on the tips). I love them but the treble sometimes sound unnatural (or plasticky as some calls it). For me they have a mild U-shaped sound which has a bit more bias to the treble. If EST50's treble is a little less bright with richer mids then that's definitely more favorable for me.
It's probably not even a comparison but intime does make b4b IEMs.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #2,571 of 5,046
Don't think Brainwavz sells tips anymore, I have some Acoustune AET06 coming in, will let you know how they sound. The XinHs graphene cable sounds pretty good with the EST50.

The S8 is a decent stock cable but just about anything more resolving cable wise will be better than the included cable. I have yet to try that graphene cable will give it a go.

Jul 1, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #2,575 of 5,046
During the burning in stage last night, there was an hour where the bass completely disappeared. Boy was that disconcerting, it also sounded quite bright. The bass eventually came back and now everything is back to normal.

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #2,578 of 5,046
H40s are excellent even by todays standards these were introduced over a year ago and still hold their own. If you have never heard these they will surprise you. But ISN just released their new EST50 with newer premium drivers with a new all resin design that I am about to post my review for.

I did do a comparison of the H40 vs the EST50 on it. So if you can wait a few days I will have that comparison on the review. IMO it is the EST50 you should shoot for. EST50s have some nice authoritative bass. It is using a highly specialized liquid silicone 10mm dynamic driver that punches a bit like speaker woofers. It has some stout sub bass too. Uses a Sonion BA for mids , a Knowles BA for treble and two Sonion EST driver for the ultra highs. It is a much more premium product.

This being said if you want to get an idea of how ISN tunes their earphones. Getting a H40 is never a bad idea. When I was doing my comparison, the H40 still holds their own. It isn't like they are lacking on anything for sound. EST50s are a more refined listen but the H40 for less than half the price of the EST50 is still king of hybrids in the sub $200 price bracket imo.

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #2,579 of 5,046
H40s are excellent even by todays standards these were introduced over a year ago and still hold their own. If you have never heard these they will surprise you. But ISN just released their new EST50 with newer premium drivers with a new all resin design that I am about to post my review for.

I did do a comparison of the H40 vs the EST50 on it. So if you can wait a few days I will have that comparison on the review. IMO it is the EST50 you should shoot for. EST50s have some nice authoritative bass. It is using a highly specialized liquid silicone 10mm dynamic driver that punches a bit like speaker woofers. It has some stout sub bass too. Uses a Sonion BA for mids , a Knowles BA for treble and two Sonion EST driver for the ultra highs. It is a much more premium product.

This being said if you want to get an idea of how ISN tunes their earphones. Getting a H40 is never a bad idea. When I was doing my comparison, the H40 still holds their own. It isn't like they are lacking on anything for sound. EST50s are a more refined listen but the H40 for less than half the price of the EST50 is still king of hybrids in the sub $200 price bracket imo.

Looking forward to the comparison!

I know you've been somewhat unenthused about trying the mesh mod previously, but I would love for the comparison to include a head-to-head with the mesh modded H40 too.

The H40 are a completely different IEM technically with the mesh mod IMO.

Separately, just got my ePro EP00 horn tips in today. Can confirm they are superb with the H40; far better than the Azla Sedna Regular or Light or SpinFit CP145.

Jul 2, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #2,580 of 5,046
I have zero doubts about the mod. I have done something similar on lesser models but there are several reasons why I keep them in stock form. I love how the H40 scales to better cables firstly but more importantly even though I was given the H40 as a review sample a long time ago. I was given the unit so I can do comparisons with other earphones from the company as I am doing currently with the EST50 and the H40. If it was a unit I bought with my own money I would have no issue taking it apart or whatever I have to do to make it sound better but because these are technically not really mine from the get go I try to keep them and all in original form. This allows me to look back on reviews I have written in the past and also be able to see how the progression of manufacturers tunings and designs are advancing. It is a knowledge thing for me. It is pretty cool to see the advancements of premium driver integration on newer earphones and how that changes sound for example.

Plus to be honest if I wanted to listen to a higher end hybrid. I just reach for one of my higher end hybrids. One of the curses of constantly getting new items to review is that I am a one earphone guy. I can't be listening to the Tansio Mirai Sparks for example while I am trying to review the EST50 as that will skew my perception of exactly what the EST50s are doing. I try to really hone down just how good or bad a sound is at the given price level for the earphones relative to others in the similar price bracket. That is how I judge a phone.

One word of advice I was told was to listen to crap earphones more often so I can appreciate nicer sounding stuff. This actually happened. Not to say the KB EAR KS1 is poo. I actually enjoyed the $20 earphone I did a review for but listening to a much higher end earphone after just listening to those for several weeks was an revelation to me. It really made me appreciate the finer qualities of higher end earphones.

In any case I am glad folks are enjoying the H40 stock or modded ultimately they are the H40s. For me anyways I will keep the H40 stock. Can throw on the ISN SC4 and it is all good. Sounds amazing with that cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back