Is the DT770 worth it ? Which sound card with it ?
Sep 22, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
I have the dt990 premium 32ohm and they are my favorite, I'll stick with those. Just looking for a different sound out of the 770. Thanks.
Oh yea and thanxs for the suggestions on the amps. I should be getting the 770s in the mail today or Monday. I guess I'll see how they sound with the gear I have and then go from there.

Your very welcome, but I was only trying to advise Raekna.

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:
I know stupid me lol. I realized that 3 mins after i answered that. My bad :speak_no_evil:

As you all ready have the DT990 Premium 32-Ohm, can't really see a reason for getting DT770s
I prefer my DT990 Pro 250-ohm over my DT770 Pro 250-Ohm

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #19 of 23
As you all ready have the DT990 Premium 32-Ohm, can't really see a reason for getting DT770s
I prefer my DT990 Pro 250-ohm over my DT770 Pro 250-Ohm

My plan is to get my dad a rig for xmas this year. He is into trance/dub/techno etc. based on what i have read i thought these might fit the bill. I really would like to keep the 770s and get him a new pair if they pan out. But if i dont care for them ill prolly give them to him. They are 770 premiums. Mal told me they were one of his favorite so i thot id give em a try.

Dont u think those will suit his music taste? Or no?

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:
My plan is to get my dad a rig for xmas this year. He is into trance/dub/techno etc. based on what I have read I thought these might fit the bill. I really would like to keep the 770s and get him a new pair if they pan out. But if i don't care for them ill prolly give them to him. They are 770 premiums. Mal told me they were one of his favorite so i that id give em a try.
Don't u think those will suit his music taste? Or no?

I like my DT770s and still use them sometimes and they would be fine for a lot of people.

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #21 of 23
I like my DT770s and still use them sometimes and they would be fine for a lot of people.
cool well thanks for the input. I love my 990s and im not thinking i am upgrading by getting those 770s. Just different. To me the 990s are near perfection for my taste. Im sure there is something out there that i will like more but i DONT want to hear it or else ill be dishing out more cashflow :grimacing:
Ignorance is bliss.....:innocent:. But im sure ill be eating these words soon enough. Tks again.

Sep 22, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #22 of 23
Sorry OP for taking over your thread with my own questions..... :grimacing:

@purpleangel got the 770 premiums in a couple hours ago. Really enjoying them at the moment. They have the exact missing bass impact I was looking for as an alternative to my airy open 990s. Think I might keep them it's nice to have both in my "arsenal".

It is about enough, but it really depends on your preferred listening volume and the dynamic range of your music. Many will find it plenty enough, while for others it is not sufficient.

STV you were right the E11 is more than sufficient for me at the moment. Thanx.

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:
Sorry OP for taking over your thread with my own questions..... :grimacing:

No problem :)
Glad to see you're happy with your headphones. I can't wait for mine !
I bought a DT770 80Ohm, with an Essence STX. 

@PurpleAngel I really like your alternative (Dx + tube amps) but it was too late ! I had to order before noon on Amazon to receive it Monday.

I'll be posting my feedback once I get all my wonderful stuff; if it can helps some people who were also hesitating.
Thanks to you all ! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back