Is anyone happy with just one headphone?
Dec 16, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #31 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Mapletree IS all that it's cracked up to be with these RS-2s, crystal clarity
rs1smile.gif

What I meant was... i have been looking at the K340s (though they need the mods I'm sure) to be in my stable....Here we go yet again> More HPs!

Not sure where in NE you are, but I think there is a possible Boston meet in the works. If you can make that you check out my recabled k340s and maybe bring the Mapletree along.

Back on topic...I need more Headphones...and amps, ICs, sources, etc., etc!

Dec 16, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #32 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahaha I couldn't have put it better.
tongue.gif

Seriously though, some headphones are more enjoyable with different genres.. I see no point in limiting my enjoyment with only one all the time.

I regularly swap when listening to music, I get kick out of it like a game. Oh ELT... A-T TIME!!! OK BoAs coming up BEYER TIME!
eggosmile.gif

I've become such a headphone geek...
frown.gif

Man that's hardcore. You swap headphones to music! Of course, that's the most logical way of doing it, but I've always thought of it going the other way, select the music to suit the strengths of the can.

Dec 16, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #33 of 169
Wayne seems to have a very reasonable take on this- I do the same thing (as do most I assume) for things that I don't wish to become fanatical about- I tend to seek out the best within my budget and be done with it. Had I not happened upon this god forsaken sink hole (
biggrin.gif
), I would have done the same with headphones.

Dec 16, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #34 of 169
I have had the DT880 for over a year now 2003 version and must say that I am so satisfied every time I put them on, even for Trance with this phone that lacks impact. They are re-cabled by Larry and sound terrific even before the re-cable I thought I was in some sort of heaven. I own the HD600 and Koss pro4aa, AT700 and have heard the K701 (which were impressive as I love a big soundstage) but nothing has put the 880 in place yet, despite listening to headphones of much higher calibre and price... they are for me, the unnatainable ./...

Dec 16, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #35 of 169
I wouldn't be happy with just one, only because the one I use at home and the one I use portably just couldn't be the same. I'm not willing to subject nicer, larger headphones to the rigors of the outside world, nor an I willing to put up with the obtrusiveness of IEM's at all times when listening in a quiet room.

Dec 16, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #36 of 169
vo328 - I feel the same way, though my SR-404 gets the job done 80% of the time. During that other 20% of the time I just want a heavier, funner, bigger sound, so I end up usually just using my speakers. However, I see some CD3000s in my future...

Dec 16, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #39 of 169
I could live with just the O2 or the AMT. Or down a tier, Im sure I could do with only my Jecklin Floats, or even a PX100.

So long as I could keep all of my CDs and LPs.

Dec 16, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #41 of 169
I'm pretty happy with just one main headphone at the moment. I guess I'm a minority, but whatever floats my boat
tongue.gif
cool.gif

Dec 16, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #43 of 169
And ...This other one ........And that one , of course .......Oh yea and...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back