Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Mar 25, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #31 of 4,830

The case looks like the one that came with my daughter's Lady Gaga Beats (don't hammer me - she's young - and they have already broken - she is using a pair of Phonak 022s with green filter now)

curious, seen the Techne?

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #32 of 4,830
  good sir you do indeed think right.

living on the same side of the planet as bob has its fringe benefits
beerchug.gif

No offense to the red triangle case, but I do prefer the DUNU Titan 1 kind of plastic case.

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #33 of 4,830
The red one is actually built pretty well though - and very roomy.  My one issue with the Titan 1 case is that at times in can be a bit restrictive on fit.  The clamshell case DUNU used on the Alphas was really good.  This one on the Trinity range is actually a pretty good compromise on size and portability.

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #35 of 4,830

The Titan 1 case is BAWS!!!

What is 'BAWS' ?

The red one is actually built pretty well though - and very roomy.  My one issue with the Titan 1 case is that at times in can be a bit restrictive on fit.  The clamshell case DUNU used on the Alphas was really good.  This one on the Trinity range is actually a pretty good compromise on size and portability.

All red or do they have black case as well?

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #38 of 4,830
Mar 26, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #41 of 4,830
Been conversing with Bob tonight - when KS is launched, he might have a look at different options on the case (a grey or black) as one off stretch goals - depends on how much interest there is.

Final case is likely not to have the knurling/pattern on the top, but will likely have the Trinity logo on it instead.

The really good thing is that it is pocket friendly, and also spacious.

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #44 of 4,830
My parcel of Trinity products arrived today.

I'll give you some pictures of the cable and jack. Keep in mind this cable comes on (all) even the cheapest $50 Hyperion offering (which is one of my favourites) 

You can see below the attention to detail I'd mentioned a page back. Little things are covered for example, under that strain relief there's a spring which takes leverage pressure and movement from the cable in your pocket when it gets bumped. The jack itself even has tiny ridges engraved for gripping onto when removing / inserting it.

And there's that weaved rope cable I spoke about, light as a feather sharing similarity to Fidue A83's cable (but slightly thinner). Microphoics are low and it just moves freely as you do. When you consider this cable comes universal across all Trinity products (even on $50 Hyperion) that's pretty good going. The entire cable design / jack makes the product feel / look high quality. Often with cheaper products, take the Vsonic VSD3S, their cables feel cheapish or rather plasticky. There won't be any of that here for Trinity.

As for the sound, those who like a little brightness will be rather pleased with Hyperion. It does lean on the cool side but without taking things too extreme. Due to the tonality it has no problems pushing out rather high amounts of detail and technical areas like separation and transparency are strong for an IEM in this price range. For those who have heard Zero Audio Tenore, Hyperion is around that tonality level, maybe a tiny bit richer overall with a little less refinement. 

Much more to come as I settle in with the close to final versions. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back