Introducing the all-new HiBy DRX10K
Jul 1, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #31 of 88
Now available as systemwide audio plugin on most HiBy R Android players (audio settings->plugins->DRX10K)
For use with almost any music app, streaming or local.

Combining quality and innovation in audio processing rarely seen even in professional studio audio plugins and easy-as-pie intuitive operation HiBy devices and software are known for, the DRX10K is an all new dynamics adjustment plugin designed to give professional results in the hands of any consumer.

Screenshot_2023-06-16-20-27-21-019_com.hiby.music.jpg

Looking just like your average bass / mids / treble tone control, this is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Instead of adjusting bass, treble etc. in quantity, you will be adjusting their dynamic content, impact and punchiness directly.

PRaT (Pace, rhythm and Timing) is no longer something to hope for and chase after with shots in the dark of source / amp / headphone pairings, but something available at the flick of a slider (usually some boosts of bass and treble dynamics in combo. Mids should usually be adjusted only in moderation.)

Possible use cases:
  • Increase bass and treble dynamics (e.g. as per defaults) to increase punchiness of bass and overall impact without coloration of regular passages.
  • Decrease bass in EQ (or e.g. Note Thickness in MSEB) and increase bass dynamics in DRX10K to replace muddy bass with punchy bass of same quantity.
  • Increase treble in EQ (or e.g. sibilance / air in MSEB) and decrease treble dynamics (to slight negative values) in DRX10K to replace sibilant / spiky treble with similar amounts of sparkly treble with sharp sudden peaks (such as sibilance) decreased.
  • Actually your imagination's the limit! Try it and see!
Disappointed that this is not a new hardware announcement? Don't be. Judicious use of this on an existing HiBy DAP will probably yield more audible improvement on most music than most $xxx worth of DAP upgrades :D

@gLer now it is :)
This is a wonderful addition to the R series of players as it should offer even more customization to really fine tune exactly how you want your music to sound. Unlike traditional PEQ or bands, these affect the dynamics which is a very interesting concept that really gives a whole new world of equalization. Hoping to see this update on the Hiby R2!

Jul 1, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #32 of 88
So do I just leave the RS6 on until it shows up? Can't find any menu to force an update like this. "System Update" tells me that 'Current version is the latest version', 1.70_20230309-1911 is what I have...
I had wifi on while rebooting my DAP. That's when it showed up in my Plug-Ins.
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Jul 1, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #34 of 88
I had wifi on while rebooting my DAP. That's when it showed up in my Plug-Ins.
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends
Yeah, I had kinda forgotten about this, and then noticed it was there a few days ago. I've not really experimented much with it yet, but it's great to at least have the option. All my IEMs and HPs already sounded great with the RS6 already anyway, look forward to what further tweaks I can get out if it.

Jul 1, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #35 of 88
Yeah, I had kinda forgotten about this, and then noticed it was there a few days ago. I've not really experimented much with it yet, but it's great to at least have the option. All my IEMs and HPs already sounded great with the RS6 already anyway, look forward to what further tweaks I can get out if it.
It's the same for my RS8...all these new plug-ins and filter sets, and here I am just enjoying the stock settings with my cans and iem's. But, at least I know they are there. :L3000: I'm sure I'll try them out...eventually.:ksc75smile:
Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Jul 6, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #36 of 88
Was listening to my RS6 with my Dunu Zen Pro's. I kept thinking man is the Apple Music auto-play algo on point today, just banger after banger. Then I realized I had left this plugin on :L3000:. Another well done!

Aug 28, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #37 of 88
IMO, The RS8 has been monumental to having portability combined with "end-game" performance, which made me jump off the merry-go-round of upgrades in last year, so I haven't been around much and enjoying music on another level...

How does this matter in this thread?
Well, there was one scenario in my (many) DAP comparisons, where there was a desirable aspect and difference of another DAP (Cayin N8ii), which had a slightly more dynamic bass and treble, which I felt was a bit exaggerated so I chose the RS8 instead, but regardless, it was nicer.

Now I finding that this feature here, is specifically dealing with this aspect, to deliver that slight dynamic boost.

So now I can have this aspect personally adjusted, without any of the bloat (in bass), or any agresiveness (posing as brightness) in trebles, as the other dap (mentioned), which I believe was an effect of it's tube section.

So now this is a game changer.
This is just an amazing feature! Insane dynamics in it's initial settings, so I lessened the levels for a more subtle/tastefull effect, similar to the dynamics of the other DAP mentioned, but wow this has just elevated this DAP to just another level. The liviness of the music is just mesmerizing now. Just more involvement and foot tapping reflex. Truly addictive sound now. It actually accentuates the positive traits of this R2R analog sound.

Many thanks for this Excellent work!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #38 of 88
IMO, The RS8 has been monumental to having portability combined with "end-game" performance, which made me jump off the merry-go-round of upgrades in last year, so I haven't been around much and enjoying music on another level...

How does this matter in this thread?
Well, there was one scenario in my (many) DAP comparisons, where there was a desirable aspect and difference of another DAP (Cayin N8ii), which had a slightly more dynamic bass and treble, which I felt was a bit exaggerated so I chose the RS8 instead, but regardless, it was nicer.

Now I finding that this feature here, is specifically dealing with this aspect, to deliver that slight dynamic boost.

So now I can have this aspect personally adjusted, without any of the bloat (in bass), or any agresiveness (posing as brightness) in trebles, as the other dap (mentioned), which I believe was an effect of it's tube section.

So now this is a game changer.
This is just an amazing feature! Insane dynamics in it's initial settings, so I lessened the levels for a more subtle/tastefull effect, similar to the dynamics of the other DAP mentioned, but wow this has just elevated this DAP to just another level. The liviness of the music is just mesmerizing now. Just more involvement and foot tapping reflex. Truly addictive sound now. It actually accentuates the positive traits of this R2R analog sound.

Many thanks for this Excellent work!
Cannot agree with you more about this. I tried it first when released, but didn't really explore it too much. But came back to it 2 days ago, and like you, reduced the initial settings to be more subtle. And the effect is just stunning.

Sep 9, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #40 of 88
Is there a list of 'R' players which support this plug-in?

Cheers
Hi, all HiBy-branded R android players can run this new plugin, from the oldest R6 to the newest RS6, R6proII, R5 II, R8, RS8 etc. Newer models with faster processors will have an easier time multitasking while running this on high sample rate files etc.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 30, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #42 of 88
Do you know of any crossfeed plugin that works within Hiby app? Thank you.
The convolver will be able to load any crossfeed IR profile saved as a 4-"channel" impulse response file.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 1, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #43 of 88
What does "dynamic" means here? Is it a dynamic range expander (applied to some frequency range) to get some kind of over-compressed recordings restoration?

Oct 1, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #44 of 88
What does "dynamic" means here? Is it a dynamic range expander (applied to some frequency range) to get some kind of over-compressed recordings restoration?
It is indeed! (for slider levels over 0. Under 0 is compression)

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #45 of 88
The convolver will be able to load any crossfeed IR profile saved as a 4-"channel" impulse response file.
Since you mention it here, could you explain the Convolver, what it does and how to use it? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back