1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by audionewbi, Nov 30, 2014.
First

Back
278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287
289 290 291 292 293 294
Next

Last
  1. justrest
    There is no cosmetic differences between LPG vs LPG 2017. isn't it?

2. geagle
    From what I understood from previous posts (I only have the LPG, never tried the 2017), main audible difference should be less hissing (with sensitive IEMs)?

(My Andros S sound fine on my LPG, though)

3. Quadfather
    They upgrade bug has bitten me. Thinking of selling my Diana for the purposes of an upgrade... Bittersweet.

4. Mimouille
    The metal color and logo color are a bit different.

Quadfather likes this.
  5. Quadfather
    A better board is supposed to be in it and no more problems with fading screen supposedly

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  6. justrest
    Thanks. Do you think is it worth to upgrade, in terms of sound?

7. Quadfather
    Now I am using AKG K812 headphones and have an PMEQ setting that I really enjoy for them.

8. Mimouille
    Didn't compare side by side but very minor changes

justrest and Quadfather like this.
  9. jmills8
    Then one is more accurate and the other is off sounding ?

Quadfather likes this.
  10. Quadfather
    I love Diana sound, I'm hoping it isn't different.

11. Quadfather
    I love the way Diana sounds. One of the reasons I don't know if I'll go to the touch, is I keep hearing people say that the LPG has better bass.

12. twister6 Contributor
    I wouldn't say "better" bass (in LPG), but rather a more elevated impact of the bass. A lot of the DAPs are tuned for listening pleasure, dancing around the neutral sig with some coloring to make sound either more musical (warmer/smoother) or more analytical (brighter/revealing). Touch has a very neutral, accurate, maybe even a little raw sound which you can color further with ParametricEQ. If everything goes as planned and I get a chance to attend upcoming CanJam NYC'19, LPGT is the DAP I'm bringing with me to get a real (true) sound of earphones and headphones I'm testing at the show.

Kerouac and Quadfather like this.
  13. Quadfather
    I will look forward to getting your thoughts. I just don't think I can ever Envision life without an LPG though.

14. Kerouac
    Not better (quality) bass, but more sub-bass (rumble) as far as I've understood. Sub-bass is the frequency which I already boost a bit on the LPG with most of my IEMs (except the 'sub-bass monsters' Solar and Vega) though.
    Besides that the Touch should have a blacker (noise free) background.

I will stick to my old LPG nonetheless because...

- the benefits are too small (no extra batterylife or data) for my way of listening (no streaming) to make that jump
    - the front buttons on the LPG are perfect for handling it (pauze, play, next, etc) in my pocket, without the need to get it out.
    - and last but not least...I'm currently way out of budget for the Touch :grin:

Quadfather likes this.
  15. Quadfather
    Like @Mimouille, I am vain. Therefore, I'm going to sell my Diana and get an LPG 2017.

Mimouille likes this.
First

Back
278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287
289 290 291 292 293 294
Next

Last