Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Dec 12, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #4,307 of 4,765
From what I understood from previous posts (I only have the LPG, never tried the 2017), main audible difference should be less hissing (with sensitive IEMs)?

(My Andros S sound fine on my LPG, though)

Dec 13, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #4,308 of 4,765
They upgrade bug has bitten me. Thinking of selling my Diana for the purposes of an upgrade... Bittersweet.

Dec 16, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #4,310 of 4,765
The metal color and logo color are a bit different.

A better board is supposed to be in it and no more problems with fading screen supposedly

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #4,312 of 4,765
Quadfather, what headphones are you using with your Lotoo Diana?

Now I am using AKG K812 headphones and have an PMEQ setting that I really enjoy for them.

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #4,314 of 4,765
Does the original LPG and the 2017 model sound identical? Or is there difference?
Then one is more accurate and the other is off sounding ?

Dec 17, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #4,315 of 4,765
Dec 17, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #4,316 of 4,765
Didn't compare side by side but very minor changes

I love the way Diana sounds. One of the reasons I don't know if I'll go to the touch, is I keep hearing people say that the LPG has better bass.

Dec 17, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #4,317 of 4,765
I love the way Diana sounds. One of the reasons I don't know if I'll go to the touch, is I keep hearing people say that the LPG has better bass.

I wouldn't say "better" bass (in LPG), but rather a more elevated impact of the bass. A lot of the DAPs are tuned for listening pleasure, dancing around the neutral sig with some coloring to make sound either more musical (warmer/smoother) or more analytical (brighter/revealing). Touch has a very neutral, accurate, maybe even a little raw sound which you can color further with ParametricEQ. If everything goes as planned and I get a chance to attend upcoming CanJam NYC'19, LPGT is the DAP I'm bringing with me to get a real (true) sound of earphones and headphones I'm testing at the show.

Dec 17, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #4,318 of 4,765
I wouldn't say "better" bass (in LPG), but rather a more elevated impact of the bass. A lot of the DAPs are tuned for listening pleasure, dancing around the neutral sig with some coloring to make sound either more musical (warmer/smoother) or more analytical (brighter/revealing). Touch has a very neutral, accurate, maybe even a little raw sound which you can color further with ParametricEQ. If everything goes as planned and I get a chance to attend upcoming CanJam NYC'19, LPGT is the DAP I'm bringing with me to get a real (true) sound of earphones and headphones I'm testing at the show.

I will look forward to getting your thoughts. I just don't think I can ever envision life without an LPG though.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #4,319 of 4,765

Not better (quality) bass, but more sub-bass (rumble) as far as I've understood. Sub-bass is the frequency which I already boost a bit on the LPG with most of my IEMs (except the 'sub-bass monsters' Solar and Vega) though.
Besides that the Touch should have a blacker (noise free) background.

I will stick to my old LPG nonetheless because...

- the benefits are too small (no extra batterylife or data) for my way of listening (no streaming) to make that jump
- the front buttons on the LPG are perfect for handling it (pauze, play, next, etc) in my pocket, without the need to get it out.
- and last but not least...I'm currently way out of budget for the Touch :grin:

Dec 17, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #4,320 of 4,765
Not better (quality) bass, but more sub-bass (rumble) as far as I've understood. Sub-bass is the frequency which I already boost a bit on the LPG with most of my IEMs (except the 'sub-bass monsters' Solar and Vega) though.
Besides that the Touch should have a blacker (noise free) background.

I will stick to my old LPG nonetheless because...

- the benefits are too small (no extra batterylife or data) for my way of listening (no streaming) to make that jump
- the front buttons on the LPG are perfect for handling it (pauze, play, next, etc) in my pocket, without the need to get it out.
- and last but not least...I'm currently way out of budget for the Touch :grin:

Like @Mimouille, I am vain. Therefore, I'm going to sell my Diana and get an LPG 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back