Introducing Head-Fi Classifieds!
Mar 23, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #151 of 449
Heya Scuba,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I just wanted to let you know that the 72 hour policy has been in place since before I registered my profile back in 2011, and is not a recent change in how bumps are handled. You can check Head-Fi's policy on bumping any time in Head-Fi's Classified Rules and Guidelines, the previous For Sale FAQ, and the new Head-Fi Classifieds FAQ.

When bumps were handled by posting in a thread, we would occasionally have to suspend access to the For Sale forums from those who were bumping too frequently. With how our team implemented the bump system in Head-Fi Classifieds, sellers no longer have to worry about aggressive bumpers while they were following the guidelines that all Head-Fi'ers accept each time they create a listing.

Mar 23, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #152 of 449
In the old forum style you could "Bump" your sale up each day to give it exposure which I think is good and gives everyone the ability to promote their sale each day.

In the new classifieds style even if you post on your advert it does not bump the post forward to the front.

This is limiting the ability for a seller to promote their sale each day.
Actually, this was against the Rules, and had been for years. We had -- and still have -- a three day minimum rule on bumps. Excessive bumping could and would get you banned from the FS/T forums. Now, it isn't a cause for alarm, as the system allows you to bump after 72 hours.

From the Classified Rules & Guidelines, linked at the top of the Classifieds area:
Bumping
- Please limit bump posts to once every three days.
- Please do not bump classifieds for others.

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #153 of 449
Actually, this was against the Rules, and had been for years. We had -- and still have -- a three day minimum rule on bumps. Excessive bumping could and would get you banned from the FS/T forums. Now, it isn't a cause for alarm, as the system allows you to bump after 72 hours.

From the Classified Rules & Guidelines, linked at the top of the Classifieds area:

Thanks for the replies @AxelCloris and @joe

So does this mean members are able to bump their sales in the new classifieds section after 72 hours and the bump will bring the advert back to the front of the classifieds from a view standpoint?

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #154 of 449
Thanks for the replies @AxelCloris and @joe

So does this mean members are able to bump their sales in the new classifieds section after 72 hours and the bump will bring the advert back to the front of the classifieds from a view standpoint?
The menu in the upper right corner of your listing will have an added "Bump Listing" option when you are able to bump. Selecting this option will boost the listing to the top, as intended.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #155 of 449
So uhh, is there no way to search listings for a key word? Using mobile. Options like search for user etc.. but no key words?

Mar 24, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #157 of 449
The new Classified Section says I don't have permission to post in the categories? I've traded 45 items under the previous system and I'm almost up to 500 posts?

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #159 of 449
Thanks, I finally figured it out! It will take some getting used to, but so many people were abusing the old bump feature that honestly it really needed to be put under electronic control.

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #160 of 449
Curious why the previous buyer/seller feedback has been expunged? I am having a lot of trouble finding qualified buyers. No real way to determine their legitimacy.

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #161 of 449
Curious why the previous buyer/seller feedback has been expunged? I am having a lot of trouble finding qualified buyers. No real way to determine their legitimacy.

It hasn't.

From the first post:

We know how important buyer/seller feedback is to the community, so we'll be importing all feedback from the current For Sale/Trade forums to the new Head-Fi Classifieds system. Once completed, all feedback will be in one easy-to-view location. This import of buyer/seller feedback will be completed a little while after the launch of Head-Fi Classifieds.

We haven't imported that yet, but we will be soon. Until then, you can find the Trader history of a user on their profile page here:

trader.png

To be clear: That "Trader history" button isn't going to go away until we've moved all of the feedback over to the new system. At that point, it will all be in the "Classifieds Feedback" you see on a user's profile page.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #164 of 449
Question and maybe this has been asked and answered...im lazy today, sorry. But, i have noticed that the old forum listings verse the new classifieds show different results. Will this eventually be merged into both or is one going away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back