Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Sep 30, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #256 of 3,158
Another four hrs of burn, and with the tip change these are sounding awesome. I've been running them out of an old iPhone 6 with no eq preset, and 3.5 mm cable for burn in. The bass is still not as deep as the IE800, but it isn't lacking at all. I swear I can feel it in my bones at times. The mids, sound great, again no complaints at all. The highs have calmed down. They are neither to bright or to lacking. The compliment the bass just perfectly. I wouldn't say I'm hearing things I've never heard before, but I would say these little beauties can compete with just about any full size can I have ever heard and send most home crying. Soundstage is wide, and it encircles you, definitely feel like I'm in the front row.

The cable is a generous length, I'm just shy of 6 feet and the cable almost reaches the ground with the IEM's in my ears. It is a nice thick cable that has a twist, no complaints here.

I don't know if these are the best sounding planar magnetic IEM's I have ever heard, but they are damn close. You can't go wrong here, as long as you can get a good fitting tip for your ear. I really really like these CL2's and would HIGHLY recommend them anyone looking for a great sounding planer IEM

After burn in, do you find the CL2 an upgrade to the IE800, or not so much so? I own the latter and I am thinking of buying the RHAs. Thx.

Sep 30, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #258 of 3,158
After burn in, do you find the CL2 an upgrade to the IE800, or not so much so? I own the latter and I am thinking of buying the RHAs. Thx.

I have close to 40 hrs burn in now. I would say the IE800 is still deeper bass, that the CL2 has bass, just not deep sub bass that I think most bass heads would love. I think the CL2's are cleaner. I just listened to the IE800's before commenting here and they still sound good, but if I go to the CL2's then the highs stand out more, but not in a bad way. If I go the other way the IE800 sound muddy, thick, and congested. I was using an iPod for both of those quick listening sessions, with no EQ setting. I think I prefer the CL2's today, yesterday I would have taken the IE800's.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #259 of 3,158
I purchased this to play out of my LGV30.
I wanted to simply my gear.
Thoughts of driveability with the CL2's?

I haven't seemed to have any problems driving them. I have used an iPhone 6, iPod, Oppo Ha 2 from the iPod, a Shanling M0, and my home stereo. With all of that said I have not use any balanced output, just the SE

Sep 30, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #260 of 3,158
I haven't seemed to have any problems driving them. I have used an iPhone 6, iPod, Oppo Ha 2 from the iPod, a Shanling M0, and my home stereo. With all of that said I have not use any balanced output, just the SE

On the V30 I have to put the volume up a little higher then usual. Sound really good.
I have the AK XB10 and Radsone ES100 Bluetooth Dac’s and both of these have Balanced.
I am able to scale the volume more on these then on my V30.
All sound good though.
Still burning in......

Sep 30, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #261 of 3,158
I am very eager to get the CL2, I should be part of the next batch so it should be a matter of days :)

Sep 30, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #262 of 3,158
I've been listening to them so much so , that my ears are popping. They need rest, but I am having a hard time puttin these down.
100 hours of burn in, and everything is perfect.
Hope you get yours soon.

I am very eager to get the CL2, I should be part of the next batch so it should be a matter of days :)

Sep 30, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #263 of 3,158
Wait until you drive it with a powerful amp...:)

Sep 30, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #264 of 3,158
Thanks for your response, but I believe I was trying that button. The button its below the charge port, and above the little led light for the charge level, on the round section on the neckband? It does nothing.

Thats why I wanted know if it did voice prompts, at least I could tell if it was on, or mine is broken. As it is I get no prompts, no light, and no indication of anything working.

I have the manual in front of me, have read it 4 or 5 times now, I know I'm dense, but hopefully not that dense.
I have no clue then. Mine turned on after two seconds or so with white led. It could be the button was not sit right, try different pressure angle? You may need to send it back.

Sep 30, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #265 of 3,158
I have no clue then. Mine turned on after two seconds or so with white led. It could be the button was not sit right, try different pressure angle? You may need to send it back.

Different pressure angle was a great idea, thanks, but did not help. Guess I need to get in touch with customer support. Thanks for the help. :)

Sep 30, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #267 of 3,158
Mine are up for grabs.
$825
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180930155516628_COVER.jpg

Sep 30, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #269 of 3,158
To the people using the nw-zx300. Are you using the DC phase linearizer? I am using type B Low. This gives a nice boost to the sub and mid bass.
DSEE HX I thought was fairly useless, and made the music sound artificial.
Tried the bluetooth, without LDAC it is something I will never use. No dice RHA.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #270 of 3,158
Shipment notification arrived, I should get my hands on it tomorrow :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back