Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Jan 27, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #3,151 of 3,158
What happened when you clicked on it? IIRC the CL2 was discontinued. RHA only sells bluetooth headphones now.
its a broken link

Apr 23, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #3,152 of 3,158
For anyone still using these, I think I've managed to find a good way of attenuating the peak in the lower treble without negatively affecting the rest of the frequencies. A layer of micropore tape covering the entire nozzle combined with another one on top covering around 70% of the nozzle seems to work very well at reducing harshness caused by the area between 4kHz and 6Hz, though the effect of this may vary from listener to listener.

Apr 24, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #3,153 of 3,158
For anyone still using these, I think I've managed to find a good way of attenuating the peak in the lower treble without negatively affecting the rest of the frequencies. A layer of micropore tape covering the entire nozzle combined with another one on top covering around 70% of the nozzle seems to work very well at reducing harshness caused by the area between 4kHz and 6Hz, though the effect of this may vary from listener to listener.
Awesome, can you provide pictures?

Apr 24, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #3,154 of 3,158
Awesome, can you provide pictures?
A2AB334C-50A7-44C8-A3C0-A0B8B2FEB3E3.jpeg

May 1, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #3,155 of 3,158
Ok, so don’t do this; you need to maintain a slight gap/opening in the micropore or else it messes too much with the sound. I am now using two layers of micro pore across the nozzle with a tiny gap at the bottom.

Attachments

• 6F6DA9FD-02BB-471D-BB01-3A4103EAB1BC.jpeg
    6F6DA9FD-02BB-471D-BB01-3A4103EAB1BC.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
May 3, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #3,156 of 3,158
Ok, so don’t do this; you need to maintain a slight gap/opening in the micropore or else it messes too much with the sound. I am now using two layers of micro pore across the nozzle with a tiny gap at the bottom.
I'm testing this now with 3M Transpore (because it's all I had on hand) and I can tell you it's already a major improvement. Lost a little bit of the sparkle in the high end, ill report back when my micropore arrives!

Jun 26, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #3,157 of 3,158
These monitors are amazing. For the people messing around with the "peak", the tuning is supposed to sound like Electrostatic/planar speakers, forget the tape mods and get a high current player, these need to be driven properly to get the best sound out of them.
Still can't believe the sound coming out of these little buggers.

They compete with my full size 2 channel speaker system ($20k+), that's saying a lot.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #3,158 of 3,158
These monitors are amazing. For the people messing around with the "peak", the tuning is supposed to sound like Electrostatic/planar speakers, forget the tape mods and get a high current player, these need to be driven properly to get the best sound out of them.
Still can't believe the sound coming out of these little buggers.

They compete with my full size 2 channel speaker system ($20k+), that's saying a lot.
What player are you using?

I recently picked up ak acro ca1000 and cl2 sound unbelievable with it. Same fidelity level as audeze euclid, just very different tonality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back