Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Oct 1, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #286 of 3,158
What size spiral fits work for the CL2?
And I wear mediums, do these run smaller than normal?
I am wearing medium now, it seals well. Why do you have to order from Japan? Amazon has them with 2 day shipping.

Oct 1, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #287 of 3,158
I am wearing medium now, it seals well. Why do you have to order from Japan? Amazon has them with 2 day shipping.
I didn't see that. I'll check out amazon.
Can you do me a quick favor. Can you please try out the double flange tips, and tell me what the bass response is compared to them?
Thanks a bunch

Oct 1, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #288 of 3,158
I didn't see that. I'll check out amazon.
Can you do me a quick favor. Can you please try out the double flange tips, and tell me what the bass response is compared to them?
Thanks a bunch
I thought everyboy's ear shaped differently. The double flange tips do not provide a seal for me, I just tested it and it is not as good as Spiral Dots.

Oct 1, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #289 of 3,158
I thought everyboy's ear shaped differently. The double flange tips do not provide a seal for me, I just tested it and it is not as good as Spiral Dots.
Thanks. I'll try out the spiral dots.

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #291 of 3,158
So weird, the original tips I was using from RHA have lost their seal, have no idea why.
Found some eartips that I got with cheap 20 dollar earphones, and they have a wide bore, short length, like the spiral dots, and the bass response went through the roof.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #292 of 3,158
So...looks like my package is held in Cologne Airport in Germany for inspection so I won't get it today, let's I hope it will be released soon... so much for UPS... bad luck... never happened to me :frowning2:

Edit : Interesting read : https://www.parcelhero.com/blog/exp...lhero-tips-shipping-from-the-uk-within-the-eu although it doesn't explain why oh why there is a custom inspection on a product that can't be charged for customs fee and doesn't fall into prohibited items... puzzling. Unless the battery in the bluetooth neckband qualifies? Arrggh

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #294 of 3,158
My review will likely be online in a day or two. So far I can tell that burn-in has helped the CL2 to mature and become even more convincing. Not a dramatic change, as I found them already very good after the first 30 minutes or so, but I am amazed that the sound has taken on more "weight" after about 15-20 hours.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #296 of 3,158
Running my CL2 out of an iPhone XS using the lightning to headphone adaptor. That’s my standard listening while getting things done option.

I will try some Spiral Dots, thanks. I do really like that the sound is almost as good as with Xelento with better isolation.
If you are ever in the LAX area, I'd love to give your Xelento a listen.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #297 of 3,158
While I'm probably more guilty then most here at talking up the CL2's, and they sounded good to me out of my Apple devices (read 3.5 mm). I must say after using a balanced output at 200mW, I can not stress enough the need for power to the CL2's. It is a night, and day comparison. The CL2's sounded good before, they sound fantastic now. The bass has opened up, there is sub bass. Bass heads will not find them lacking which will add some kick in their step. I have never had any problem with the Mids, they have always been good, clear, and they continue too be so. The highs are neither bright, nor lacking.

I feel have done a disservice to my ears, the CL2's, not providing enough power to properly run them, and anyone that read my post, before this one.

My favorite IEM was the Audeze iSine 20's with the cypher cable, they sounded great to me, but they hurt my ears after a few hours. I bought the CL2's hoping they would sound as good, and the comfort would be better. WOW are they.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #298 of 3,158
While I'm probably more guilty then most here at talking up the CL2's, and they sounded good to me out of my Apple devices (read 3.5 mm). I must say after using a balanced output at 200mW, I can not stress enough the need for power to the CL2's. It is a night, and day comparison. The CL2's sounded good before, they sound fantastic now. The bass has opened up, there is sub bass. Bass heads will not find them lacking which will add some kick in their step. I have never had any problem with the Mids, they have always been good, clear, and they continue too be so. The highs are neither bright, nor lacking.

I feel have done a disservice to my ears, the CL2's, not providing enough power to properly run them, and anyone that read my post, before this one.

My favorite IEM was the Audeze iSine 20's with the cypher cable, they sounded great to me, but they hurt my ears after a few hours. I bought the CL2's hoping they would sound as good, and the comfort would be better. WOW are they.

How's the soundstage relative to the iSines?

Oct 2, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #299 of 3,158

Proper AMP, Deep insertion Tips that seal properly, and Burn in.
I am glad you are enjoying your Sony combo. I am loving it, and it's only gotten better after a 100 hours.
Waiting for my Symbio and Spiral dot tips. Excited to try them all.

Oct 2, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #300 of 3,158
How's the soundstage relative to the iSines?

Honestly I'm not sure how to even compare them. The CL2's use a 3.5, and balanced, the iSines use 3.5 and cypher thru the lightning port. I can listen to both thru the 3.5, but neither is pushed beyond mediocrity in this manner.

Let me know how you want this test conducted, and I'll try to give you a fair appraisal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back