Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Sep 7, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #2,746 of 3,158
Sep 7, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #2,747 of 3,158
Currently using spiral dots. Liking it so far! I have spinfit too, but not sure which series. I have like 3 different spinfits.
Spiral dots are better. Longer stem on spinfit makes mid thinner and I figure it's non starter for u

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #2,749 of 3,158
i have , but only in ML cant get a deep fit with them as with the spin fits , cl2 sounds better with deep fit.
but i can compare the 2 again
no problem. I actually have that laying around on my tips collection ahaha lol. I got so many tipssss!

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #2,750 of 3,158
I'm considering getting one of these or fearless Roland. I listen to many genres. Would the cl2 be a good choice?
I prefer Roland for better sub bass. Better treble. EST treble is still better than planar. No need to EQ. Better fit. Roland is Custom-Universal kind of shape that fits me well.
Tonality is very natural in both.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #2,751 of 3,158
I prefer Roland for better sub bass. Better treble. EST treble is still better than planar. No need to EQ. Better fit. Roland is Custom-Universal kind of shape that fits me well.
Tonality is very natural in both.
since La Hire is the same shape with Roland, tbh i prefer CL2 shape better. It's so small and fit flush. I can easily wear this while sleeping i believe.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #2,752 of 3,158
since La Hire is the same shape with Roland, tbh i prefer CL2 shape better. It's so small and fit flush. I can easily wear this while sleeping i believe.
Yes, you can! Ask me , how I know:wink:

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #2,753 of 3,158
040E8E02-CBB0-4BEC-AAAA-C7CC4DA2DD57.jpeg
AF787687-6E24-4C18-B16E-6667D271A807.jpeg
To my ears , spin fits have more bass impact / rumble . And fuller bodied mids , but can be that it’s not the tip itself .. cause of the size of my spirals I can’t get them as deep as the spin fits , just try both :) it’s the other way with my Solaris .. with them I prefer spiral dots
no problem. I actually have that laying around on my tips collection ahaha lol. I got so many tipssss!

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #2,754 of 3,158
To my ears , spin fits have more bass impact / rumble . And fuller bodied mids , but can be that it’s not the tip itself .. cause of the size of my spirals I can’t get them as deep as the spin fits , just try both :) it’s the other way with my Solaris .. with them I prefer spiral dots
ill try that soon! im resting my ears for awhile before listening to any music again. So far, both stock tips and spiral dots are really deep into my ears. Like 100%flush. The CL2 shape just works so well with my ear.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #2,755 of 3,158
ill try that soon! im resting my ears for awhile before listening to any music again. So far, both stock tips and spiral dots are really deep into my ears. Like 100%flush. The CL2 shape just works so well with my ear.
yeah these babys are keepers :) price ratio is awesome

please do a compare to the KSE when you got them.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #2,756 of 3,158
For me when I went a size smaller on the Spiral dots to get the deeper fit, the bass response increased very substantially. So did micro details, I could hear everything, even more so than before.
Spiral Dots are the best tips for these IMHO, soundstage etc.....everything gets a nice boost.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #2,757 of 3,158
For me when I went a size smaller on the Spiral dots to get the deeper fit, the bass response increased very substantially. So did micro details, I could hear everything, even more so than before.
Spiral Dots are the best tips for these IMHO, soundstage etc.....everything gets a nice boost.
okay... i do not
hesitate :D :D i order a pair smaller and check out :)

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #2,758 of 3,158
yeah these babys are keepers :) price ratio is awesome

please do a compare to the KSE when you got them.
sure will do! as of now, im happy to listen to the KSE just for demo and not gonna keep them due to its price and the separate amp.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #2,759 of 3,158
Yep! You r correct. Science is rather simple there. I figured that driver relies on creating direct pressure to eardrum just like BA in Etymotics, the less air you leave in between the more bass impact and fuller lower mids (may increase mid bass as well)

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #2,760 of 3,158
all iems will sound fuller and rounded (bigger soundstage) with spiral dots. Not sure what science that JVC did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back