1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)

First

Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next

Last
  1. twiceboss
    tbh, silver is a better conductor. Oh yes, i just forgot the thumb rule that i always use. More resistivity, decrease the bass and can bring other freq to shine. No wonder copper sounds better on this.

2. cr3ativ3
    just ordered Spirals in M , but was only available in china / japan .. will take a while to arrive.
    the RHA stock M size are fine too
    cables can change sound significantly , i tried Fiio LC2.5C LC4.4D iBassoCB13, stocks , ALO Super litz ( stock from solaris ) all sound different , sometimes only a little but noticable.
    i hope i get my forza audioworks this week , its pure UPOCC 7N copper :)

3. twiceboss
    Yes, the difference is little but noticeable. Hows Alo $99 compare to given stock copper?

4. cr3ativ3
  5. twiceboss
  6. cr3ativ3
    yeah. im waiting for my pure copper

7. 518013
    I think ALO copper is 28 gauge, someone said earlier in the thread it sounded thin. I would go at least 26 gauge if not thicker.

twiceboss likes this.
  8. Owludio
    If we would have to make a formula, the variables to consider would be: 1: what I would call Surface Conductivity effect or simply put - inductive resistance that affects higher frequencies more then lower frequencies. Because inductance is "pushing" electron flow to the surface - conductivity of the surface matters a lot.
    2: Capacitance that in itself would make formula more complex as it interacts with output, IEM components and cable own inductance, creating unpredictable peaks and curves(humps?).
    Since I'm not a scientist, I'm not gonna get to deep into it, but from experience in audiophile world - the common understanding is this:
    SPC boosts higher frequencies (The more conductive surface - the better). Multi threaded Pure Copper does the same but the curve is less steep and affects mids and low treble more noticeably.
    That theory aligns well with what I hear. Thicker cables tend to boost HF noticably from upper mids and lower treble, and the more thread count the stronger the effect. (what do u know, in cotton sheets thread count is a good thing too:))
    My experience is .. well ideally I'd prefer no cable! I hear the cleanest sound where details in the treble not obstructed by artifacts - with shortest 12" and 5" - 4 core SPC.

9. twiceboss
    Not sure which sound i would prefer between thin and thick. I like lean bass so thin works better on me?

Edit: just tried pairing my CL2 with cheap TRN copper cable. Sounds a lot more airy. Lmao

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  10. twiceboss
    After hours of listening, cl2 sounds good for anything except piano imo. Can be shouty sometimes but any snares or any brass instrument sounds so sweet!

Owludio likes this.
  11. 518013
    After my cable switch, the CL2 is one of the best IEMs for pianos that I have heard so far.
    It sounds better than my Full size speaker system, no exaggeration.
    You need a good copper cable, and burn in.
    Add: I don't use any EQ.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  12. cr3ativ3
    I am very curious if I can omit the EQ when my new cable is there

13. twiceboss
    what source?

14. 518013
    That'll be interesting to see, with the cable and new tips you might just be good.

Sony WM1A, and Benchmark DAC 3

Owludio likes this.
  15. twiceboss
    Does it run streaming apps?

First

Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next

Last