Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Sep 7, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #2,732 of 3,158
Got it today.

First impression: Okay the bass doesnt bloat the vocals, ok good. Listening to some songs and i feel the spike. The 4khz spike which makes the vocal appears in my head instead of singing besides me.

Alteration: opening Crin's fr to compare between er2xr and cl2, i saw that almost 10dB spike at 4khz. I reduce it about 9dB at 4khz and bump about 1dB at 1k and 2k. The vocal sounds like the singer singing besides me. With this EQ, this can grow on me i think.

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #2,733 of 3,158
Got it today.

First impression: Okay the bass doesnt bloat the vocals, ok good. Listening to some songs and i feel the spike. The 4khz spike which makes the vocal appears in my head instead of singing besides me.

Alteration: opening Crin's fr to compare between er2xr and cl2, i saw that almost 10dB spike at 4khz. I reduce it about 9dB at 4khz and bump about 1dB at 1k and 2k. The vocal sounds like the singer singing besides me. With this EQ, this can grow on me i think.
I would return it. If you are fighting the presentation, then this IEM is probably not for you.
The presentation is like a 3D stage in your head that extends outwards, if that is bothering you then no amount of EQ will fix that.

ADD: You can hang on till you brain adjusts to the presenattion, or wait for the KSE1200.
Either way Good luck.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #2,734 of 3,158
I would return it. If you are fighting the presentation, then this IEM is probably not for you.
The presentation is like a 3D stage in your head that extends outwards, if that is bothering you then no amount of EQ will fix that.

ADD: You can hang on till you brain adjusts to the presenattion, or wait for the KSE1200.
Either way Good luck.
Nonono, the way i eq this actually sounds really really good.

As i said before, im a fan of EQ and DSP. Im currently listening this thru xcan.

S10plus+s10global equalizer lowering 4khz+dolby atmos(movie mod)+xcan+xbass+3D

The sound that i cant get from any other set so far. Let me learn me how to tweak this to be better and better.

Edit: oh damn this really grows on me!
Edit2: god damn not a single bleed for any instrument. Everything is separated on its own.
Edit3: i think i finally found an endgame candidate for my closed iem.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #2,735 of 3,158
I'm considering getting one of these or fearless Roland. I listen to many genres. Would the cl2 be a good choice?

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #2,736 of 3,158
I'm considering getting one of these or fearless Roland. I listen to many genres. Would the cl2 be a good choice?
I almost buy a Roland but having a bad experience with La Hire. So just got this today and this amazes me so far but refer my previous post. Yes, i almost cover most genres today listening to this.

Edit: bad experience as in La Hire sounds so much like S8Pro but with smoother highs.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #2,737 of 3,158
Nonono, the way i eq this actually sounds really really good.

As i said before, im a fan of EQ and DSP. Im currently listening this thru xcan.

S10plus+s10global equalizer lowering 4khz+dolby atmos(movie mod)+xcan+xbass+3D

The sound that i cant get from any other set so far. Let me learn me how to tweak this to be better and better.

Edit: oh damn this really grows on me!
Edit2: god damn not a single bleed for any instrument. Everything is separated on its own.
Edit3: i think i finally found an endgame candidate for my closed iem.
1. Dolby atmos movie mode boosts voice. CL2 may benefit from music mode.
2. The 3K hump will reduce down to about 3 to 4 db with burn in. CL2 in my experience is the most notorious beneficiary of burn in. The driver is very durable. It will survive very high volume bass heavy music burn. 60 hours and you should hear a sound stage expanding. It will keep changing for next 300 plus hours. Burn in will increase driver sensitivity from low end to about 500Hz bringing more balance. At the end most people only EQ down 2 & 4k by no more than 4db. I was ok most of the time with only -3db at 4k and -2 at 2k, and you know already that I'm a treble head which means you might not need EQ at all. :wink:
Also, deeper seal will bring lower mid closer to balance the peak.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #2,738 of 3,158
1. Dolby atmos movie mode boosts voice. CL2 may benefit from music mode.
2. The 3K hump will reduce down to about 3 to 4 db with burn in. CL2 in my experience is the most notorious beneficiary of burn in. The driver is very durable. It will survive very high volume bass heavy music burn. 60 hours and you should hear a sound stage expanding. It will keep changing for next 300 plus hours. Burn in will increase driver sensitivity from low end to about 500Hz bringing more balance. At the end most people only EQ down 2 & 4k by no more than 4db. I was ok most of the time with only -3db at 4k and -2 at 2k, and you know already that I'm a treble head which means you might not need EQ at all. :wink:
Also, deeper seal will bring lower mid closer to balance the peak.
i like the Movie mode better since it gives an airy vocals. CL2 sounds really darn good tbh. Not sure about its price $500 with that notorious accessories

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #2,739 of 3,158
i like the Movie mode better since it gives an airy vocals. CL2 sounds really darn good tbh. Not sure about its price $500 with that notorious accessories
yeah i can confirm this , i eq "the hill" down by 2-3DB and they sound awesome :) :) :) give them some time. i liked them more and more each day :)

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #2,740 of 3,158
Stock cables are too heavy. I wanted more treble so I put there thick spc. BTW I recommend you try $20 **** cable instead of FDbro. Wires seem to be the same inside but **** is more flexible and less tangling. I assume you will need new MMCX cable. In any case Shure is mmcx as well.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #2,742 of 3,158
yeah i can confirm this , i eq "the hill" down by 2-3DB and they sound awesome :) :) :) give them some time. i liked them more and more each day :)
Who would expect a $500 iem sounds better to me. And yes, this planar is darn fast! It can handle crazy amount of separation even at heavy music going around.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #2,743 of 3,158
Stock cables are too heavy. I wanted more treble so I put there thick spc. BTW I recommend you try $20 **** cable instead of FDbro. Wires seem to be the same inside but **** is more flexible and less tangling. I assume you will need new MMCX cable. In any case Shure is mmcx as well.
Stock cable is heavy but the memory wire for the hook just so good. I have many more mmcx even the litz cable from CA. This is growing on me not gonna lie. The resolution is just so good.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #2,744 of 3,158
and check out some spin fits with them , if you can :)
Currently using spiral dots. Liking it so far! I have spinfit too, but not sure which series. I have like 3 different spinfits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back