INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
May 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #196 of 484
me too.. i have dropped a message yesterday but no reply yet which is rather unusual. I think i ll wait another day or 2 and then chase again

May 15, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #197 of 484
Quote:

I have sent my Rockit R-50 for reshell. 

Eitherway I do not know about the GR-07 since its build is already good enough! .. but the R-50 is an IEM made to be reshelled one time or another due to its very poor build quality! so definitely a good idea! ..

All the best! 

But is it worth spending the 150+ going for a GR-07 reshell? Or getting myself an R-50

May 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #198 of 484
Quote:
me too.. i have dropped a message yesterday but no reply yet which is rather unusual. I think i ll wait another day or 2 and then chase again

Got a reply today from Dan sending to customersupport@inearcustom.com. In the past sending to rob@inearcustom.com stopped getting responses. Anyway, my TF10s are scheduled to start next week, so I don't think I'll be seeing them until early to mid June

May 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #200 of 484
Quote:
Quick update:

Got an email from Dan, they're casting my final shells!  I can hardly wait.

DAN!! NO PM 4 ME! 
mad.gif

(200 posts over  - calls for some kinda celebration) 

May 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #203 of 484
I just got a PM from Rob himself, my IEMs will be shipped today or latest by tomorrow! 

hope to atleast get them in hand this time!! 

May 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #206 of 484
Quote:
Fantastic.  Please post pics and a review when you get them.

well, the funny part is i got the exact same tracking number as last time - which ended up being stolen! 

but i dont know - im slightly skeptic as to the CIEMs reaching here in one piece.  I will definitely keep my eyes and ears open and also ring up the postman to do the same.
 I ll probably end up reviewing the service as a whole rather than writing up on the IEMs - and most probably on my blog. I find it more thoughtfully provoking to write completely subjective opinions in a private space..

but you can count on the pics here 
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #207 of 484
I wish you the very best of luck with these.  As someone else who has been through hell to get customs I hope that at the very least you don't need a refit!

Cheers

May 17, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #208 of 484
Quote:
I wish you the very best of luck with these.  As someone else who has been through hell to get customs I hope that at the very least you don't need a refit!

Cheers

hmmm .. well the head-fier who started the thread is another person who has lost his IEMs when in transit from In Ear Custom.

It really stings twice when its your favorite IEMs thats stolen - which was the case of the OP and myself. 

May 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #209 of 484
On top, I would like to add that only my main monitors were stolen and I was lucky enough to get the the pre-final shells thats just used for fine tuning the final mould in shape. Which is naturally extra hard. 

To my surprise, this was a near perfect fit and provider of an amazing seal albeit the slight discomfort on the left ear at the fossa. Result of my overcharging audiologists valentine wishes.

Thanks for your compassion though .. 
redface.gif

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back