INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Apr 22, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #152 of 484
Ill definitely post a review! Still haven't gotten any replies to my emails (i sent another). But hopefully it just means they're hard at work and ill have my TF10's back soon :p. Cant wait!

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #153 of 484
Quick update for you guys, just finsihed chatting with Rob on his website. They currently have 80 IEMs, WOW. Business is really booming for him! And onto the bad news, im number 69 LOL
frown.gif

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #154 of 484
Apr 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #155 of 484
First post here. I've been watching this thread for over a month now. Also waiting on my IEM's from InEarCustom. I am number 33! Based on the last Facebook post I think Rob is saying he is planning on completing a batch of 20 per week?

I am having them do my UE700's, after searching the forums on this specific reshell I asked Rob about adding a third driver for added bass. He had a lot of great info on this and based on this we are doubling up on the UE700's (4 drivers in each ear) and the second set he is using a damper to emphasize the lows. He is also converting to the two pin UE connector, UE700's come stock hard wired so you can't change the cable.

Anyways can't wait to get them in! Been slumming it with my iPhone buds the past three weeks! Post more pics!!!

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #156 of 484
welcome to head-fi! 

nice to know he is venturing into additional driver business. as far as info on this thread goes, thats new ground for In Ear Custom.

may be soon enough he will start having his own custom models like inearz is doing at the moment. 

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #157 of 484
Well he is very open to talking about it, at least he was with me. Knows his stuff too, reading the forums on this topic opinions are all over the place. He gave it to me straight, said he could add another driver and give me bass for sure but that doing so would most likely change the UE700 sound signature and offered the doubling up option with a damper as a safer way to go if that's a concern. So I sent him a second set of UE700s and that's the option I chose to go with.

I think they are going to turn out awesome. I will give everyone an update once I get them in.

Apr 29, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #158 of 484
Quote:
Juts heard from Rob, my re-shell should be done sometime next week.  I'm hopping to have them in hand before my bands next gig (next Thursday).  It probably won't arrive in time, but I can hope.  In any event, I will post pictures and reviews when they arrive.

Well got an update from Dan today, Rob was apparently promising more than he could deliver and they still haven't even started working on my re-shells yet.  I was told they anticipate getting to the batch mine are in next week.  I'm pretty disappointed, I would have preferred that they just tell me it would be another month so I could stop obsessing over it.  In any event, nothing to do but wait. We'll see if they can deliver on the new ETA.   I will continue to update the thread accordingly.

Apr 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #159 of 484
Well got an update from Dan today, Rob was apparently promising more than he could deliver and they still haven't even started working on my re-shells yet.  I was told they anticipate getting to the batch mine are in next week.  I'm pretty disappointed, I would have preferred that they just tell me it would be another month so I could stop obsessing over it.  In any event, nothing to do but wait. We'll see if they can deliver on the new ETA.   I will continue to update the thread accordingly.

What number where you? Trying to see when mine are up..

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #160 of 484
@thirsty monkey When I sent my first reshell - I too used to obsess over it and flooded Rob's mail box quite too often. But then mine were stolen and all the trouble and anticipation I went through just made me even more depressed. So now I got my second pair being in the course of reshell and willing to wait for ever. regards,

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #161 of 484
Quote:
What number where you? Trying to see when mine are up.

This was Dan's response to my question of where I was in the cue: "Rob said we are starting on the batch you are in sometime next week".  I understand, they're a small business still going through growing pains and have way more orders than they originally anticipated.  So we'll see if they can meet the new ETA.

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #162 of 484
Quote:
@thirsty monkey When I sent my first reshell - I too used to obsess over it and flooded Rob's mail box quite too often. But then mine were stolen and all the trouble and anticipation I went through just made me even more depressed. So now I got my second pair being in the course of reshell and willing to wait for ever. regards,

Ain't that the truth.  I'm trying not to obsess.  I really am.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #163 of 484
I dealt with my anxiousness by buying a pair of refurb XBA-3iPs from Best Buy.  Hopefully that'll sate my new gadget lust for the time it takes my earphones to be made.

It looks like they've added another person to the team as well, and the latest Facebook update makes it sound as though they should be getting back up to speed in a bit.  Good for them, it's always nice to see a local (for me, anyway) company doing this well out of the gate.  Between them, InEarz and Clear Tune Monitors central Florida seems to be doing quite well for CIEMs, reshells and otherwise.

Apr 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #164 of 484
I just received the materials for making the ear impressions.

May 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #165 of 484
Quote:

How long have you been waiting? They received my IEMs a couple weeks ago so just curious as to what the realistic wait time is. I checked with them a while back and im 69th but wouldnt give me a time frame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back