In Ears for $300
Jun 24, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #32 of 42
Quote:
Thanks Alpha those adds were annoying. I'm guessing headfi needs money to keep the electric running :wink:

I just find it extremely weird that the infinite loop video ads thinks I want to buy cleaning detergent and other household cleaning crap.  It's extremely annoying when listening to my tunes and surfing head-fi at the same time and all of a sudden my music zone is broken and rudely interrupted by these annoying video ads.

Anyhow, my apologies for derailing this thread.

Here's my thread contribution.  Add the following to the list and buy new from authorized sources. Most has a 2 year warranty and you're better off with a model with user replaceable cable: Westone 3, Westone UM3X, Aurisonics ASG-1, Shure SE425.  All these models can be found for less than MSRP and discount codes are somewhat frequent.

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

It's extremely annoying when listening to my tunes and surfing head-fi at the same time and all of a sudden my music zone is broken and rudely interrupted by these annoying video ads.

I've been fortunate to not have this happen due to the Asio bit for  bit playback with cPlay. :)

+1 for IEMs with replaceable cables. My Dad has gone through 2 IE80 cables already and they are very durable as is (I'm still at a loss as to how he could be so aggressive with them...).

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #38 of 42
Ignore the ety gimps matey, you can see who they are, just dont buy any and you will be safe.

I had 4 other people listen to them including a guy who owns stax headsets and even he said very poor.

It hurts me to think that people with etys actually think there good, i sat in a room testing many headsets and they always came last, not only that but the fact you nearly have to insert them into your brain to get any sort of depth is just plain *****.

My advice would be try some if you can, but normally hygine is an issue. Ignore also all the fancy graphs that show on paper whats good and isnt, ive been tempted by so many and left sorely disappointed.

Fyi mr canada you really do live up to you name lol, one of the reviewers on this thread fav headset or so he told me was the mdr ex1000s,

Please try some more headsets dude, youll see music can be soo much better with a good set.

For the original poster, what did you buy in the end?

Jul 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #40 of 42
Quote:
Ignore the ety gimps matey, you can see who they are, just dont buy any and you will be safe.
I had 4 other people listen to them including a guy who owns stax headsets and even he said very poor.
It hurts me to think that people with etys actually think there good, i sat in a room testing many headsets and they always came last, not only that but the fact you nearly have to insert them into your brain to get any sort of depth is just plain *****.
My advice would be try some if you can, but normally hygine is an issue. Ignore also all the fancy graphs that show on paper whats good and isnt, ive been tempted by so many and left sorely disappointed.
Fyi mr canada you really do live up to you name lol, one of the reviewers on this thread fav headset or so he told me was the mdr ex1000s,
Please try some more headsets dude, youll see music can be soo much better with a good set.
For the original poster, what did you buy in the end?

Litteted, PLEASE explain yourself.

"I wouldnt get the etys ive just sold the 4p micropros, and i personally thought they were rubbish.

Ok crystal clear but no bass, quite bad really, i actually kept trying to use these but never once did they fill me with joy, but i see this is common with single armature sets.

Mdr ex1000 are my holy grail for your budget id get the mdr ex600s very close and more forgiving with iphone,

If your not an audiophile and want a good sounding headset even though a big commercial name, believe me when i say the 2 new 600 and 1000 are one of the besti out there at the moment for us normal peeps"

And am I "mr.canada" to you? If it was, you have a lot explaining to do. "Please try some more headsets dude..." and IF that WAS towards me, I've been in this community for quite a long time now and I haven't stopped since/and before I joined so in the time being, I can strongly say I tried quite a lot of products along the way. Like I said before, you have a lot of explaining to do because your only two posts in Head-Fi are absolute "rubbish". Talk to you soon, Littleted and when you do post again, please improve your grammar and attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back