In Ears for $300
Jun 23, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #16 of 42
Quote:

Would you say its colored with a slight mid forward sound 
wink_face.gif

Do not be silly, thats a bright analytical sound. Neutral is the lack of mids with forward bass and treble. :wink:

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #17 of 42
Would you say its colored with a slight mid forward sound :wink_face:

No not actually...

I would say that they are like, Baby bats crying for their supper.

And having said that. I think we will have to agree to disagree.

Jim

Jun 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #20 of 42
I wouldnt get the etys ive just sold the 4p micropros, and i personally thought they were rubbish.

Ok crystal clear but no bass, quite bad really, i actually kept trying to use these but never once did they fill me with joy, but i see this is common with single armature sets.

Mdr ex1000 are my holy grail for your budget id get the mdr ex600s very close and more forgiving with iphone,

If your not an audiophile and want a good sounding headset even though a big commercial name, believe me when i say the 2 new 600 and 1000 are one of the besti out there at the moment for us normal peeps

Jun 23, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #21 of 42
Quote:
I wouldnt get the etys ive just sold the 4p micropros, and i personally thought they were rubbish.
Ok crystal clear but no bass, quite bad really, i actually kept trying to use these but never once did they fill me with joy, but i see this is common with single armature sets.
Mdr ex1000 are my holy grail for your budget id get the mdr ex600s very close and more forgiving with iphone,
If your not an audiophile and want a good sounding headset even though a big commercial name, believe me when i say the 2 new 600 and 1000 are one of the besti out there at the moment for us normal peeps

Except for those with bat-hearing :p lol

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #22 of 42
You can sometimes find the Westone 3 or UM3X for under $300 in the FS section. For your tastes, I would recommend the Westone 3 (more bass impact, more of a "fun" versus "neutral" sound signature).

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

I never sighed so hard in my life...

Jun 24, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #27 of 42
Jun 24, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #28 of 42
I guess you could qualify it as such if that means being very sensitive in the treble region :). Generally when people are loosing their hearing it's in the treble region (better and brighter) :wink:.

Jun 24, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #29 of 42
Yea, I'm just havin a lil fun.

I love this hobby, that for the longest time didn't really know about.

I particularly love the flowery phrases assigned to sounds.

Jim

Jun 24, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #30 of 42
I've always loved music especially from a young age. But lost touch with music as it always sounded like crap through low-fi setups and didn't engage me. That is until I learned what music should sound like :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back