IMR - R1 Thread
Jun 5, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #2,776 of 3,190
anyone care to comment on which ear tips you're using for the Zenith? I recently grabbed some accoustune tips (L) that work wicked with the R1, but don't seem to work at all for me with the Zenith. I'm eyeballing some spinfits as well, but unsure.

So far I've tried Mandarins, Accoustune, Flare Foam, and the included tips with the Zenith but can't seem to find a solid fit with any of them. I have spiral dot which fit the best, but don't like what the wide bore does for these IEM.

Solid fit for me with KZ Starlines.

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #2,777 of 3,190
anyone care to comment on which ear tips you're using for the Zenith? I recently grabbed some accoustune tips (L) that work wicked with the R1, but don't seem to work at all for me with the Zenith. I'm eyeballing some spinfits as well, but unsure.

So far I've tried Mandarins, Accoustune, Flare Foam, and the included tips with the Zenith but can't seem to find a solid fit with any of them. I have spiral dot which fit the best, but don't like what the wide bore does for these IEM.
I will check out final type e , spiral dots , symbio w and spin fits . But will be next week . I will report back

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #2,778 of 3,190

If my ears were cars they'd be probably Toyota Corollas or VW Golfs. The most common thing you can imagine and with most IEMs I own I'm usually fine using my Symbio W Peel Large. Out of curiosity, I sometimes try other tips but after a while I always come back to Symbio L.

In terms of the R1 Zeniths going down one size from "L" to "M" did the trick for me.

Jun 6, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #2,780 of 3,190
Try Final Audio Design tips (my favourite with Zenith), Sony hybrid, Crystalline Audio foam tips (my favourite with R1 :wink: )
Hoping to get my soon - expect a comprehensive review with sound impressions and comparisons when I do. My current favorite tips are JVC Spiral Dot. Any thoughts or experience with these on the Zenith?

Jun 6, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #2,782 of 3,190
I do not own Zenith anymore, I stayed with R1. Spiral Dots are a bit too bright for me with pink filter (my favourite) - both with R1 and Zenith.
Guess I won’t be using the pink filter then, but I’ll give them all a try regardless. I’ll also be testing with Dekoni Bulletz and Comply, and all the included tips.

Jun 6, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #2,784 of 3,190
Ps. anyone else cant wait for R2? Bob is teasing us with pictures on instagram and fb, damn it looks good...
Does look like an interesting IEM for sure, especially if it’s fully open. I’m a newcomer to IMR so very keen to discover what everyone has been raving about with the Zenith, and the R2 will be next...

Jun 6, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #2,785 of 3,190
Just wanted to share. I took the pink filters from my R1 and installed them on my R1Z the result for me are shocking. I'm hearing/feeling the bass I normally associate with the black filters, mellow mids, and quite pleasing highs, with Fnal Audio tips on each filter. Oh, also using a Penon silver cable, this is a very wonderful sounding combination.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #2,786 of 3,190
Guess I won’t be using the pink filter then, but I’ll give them all a try regardless. I’ll also be testing with Dekoni Bulletz and Comply, and all the included tips.

Most recently I have been enjoying my Zenith using the orange filter. I think it is the least bright. I do also like the blue or the pink(for a bit more bass}. At some point I will just leave one of them on all of the time... probably the orange or blue.
Copper and black give more bass than I need. Copper actually gave me a headache. I couldn't listen for more than 30 minutes with it.

Jun 6, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #2,787 of 3,190
I ordered the Linsoul LSC09 cable from the Drop(Massdrop), and am having a very unusual problem. I have used it with several IEM’s including the R1 Zenith and have the same result. Don’t have this issue with any other cables. When listening to any song, the vocals, and most of the sound, Is only coming from the left. So much so as to mostly drown out any from the right. If I remove the left I can hear vocals if pertinent to the song. I did a polarity test, and when the center test sound came on, it sounded as if only coming from the left, and not center. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Never mind. It was the polarity of the left earbud. And an easy fix.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #2,788 of 3,190
No more bouncy cable! Audiohive cable came in today. I went with the NCU22, which looked fairly similar to the Effect Audio Ares II+. Took about 3 weeks from the day I ordered to receive. It does look very high quality and came with a nice bag.

Like others mentioned, I ran a few tests on YouTube and did find that I had to switch the right connector for the headphones to correct the out-of-phase issue.

I do need to figure out better tips though. Comply tips are comfortable, but they seem to always fall out of my ears.

20190607_151110.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #2,789 of 3,190
No more bouncy cable! Audiohive cable came in today. I went with the NCU22, which looked fairly similar to the Effect Audio Ares II+. Took about 3 weeks from the day I ordered to receive. It does look very high quality and came with a nice bag.

Like others mentioned, I ran a few tests on YouTube and did find that I had to switch the right connector for the headphones to correct the out-of-phase issue.

I do need to figure out better tips though. Comply tips are comfortable, but they seem to always fall out of my ears.

That cable looks gorgeous! Congrats!

Jun 7, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #2,790 of 3,190

When did you get your Zenith? Mine does not seem to have any phase issues at all - with stock or third party cables...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back