IMR - R1 Thread
May 24, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #2,746 of 3,190
I'm just going off of when i ordered the R1's. It took over 2 months. Must be different for Vancouver.

Same here. I'm in Vancouver - took over two months. I actually thought they got lost in shipping, but think it was just customs that held it forever.

May 24, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #2,751 of 3,190
I am actually not home next week, so asked them to delay the shipping. When I asked how long it takes them to reach Spain, I was told:
It depends on how far north you are but can be anywhere from 3-7 days. Typically it’s 3-5 days
That would be great . The week after I’m not home :frowning2: so i hope it will arrive next week

May 25, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #2,752 of 3,190
Exactly. Look closely above the first ring on the Blue. There is a tiny port. The Black has no hole.
I find a small but noticeable change in the overall slam and pressure build up of the IEM. Notes feel slightly more relaxed and less "physical". Stage also increases very slightly for me as well. Certainly not a huge difference.

As a long time filter user with Bob's IEMs, how you place the tips can affect the sound too. As a previous poster mentioned, there should be tiny holes at the base of the filter, of different (but visually indistinguishable) sizes. If you place your tips so the way down on the stem of the filter, the stem will effectively block these vent ports and negate the difference (i.e they will all sort like the "imported" filter). The topmost ring on the body of the dinner should be used as the base for fitting the filter, to keep the vent port clear.

Apologies if you already do this, but this was a common observation on Bob's earlier models that people weren't noticing a sonic difference, because they were effectively closing the hole that affects sound by accident.

Hope this helps?
Thanks for the suggestion. Makes sense in principal although after playing around with it some more, I can't get it to make a noticeable difference and just can't justify all the development time that went into the entire valve system. A shame as in concept it's fantastic, bonus that it looks so interesting. Just didn't meet my expectations. I wonder if that's why the R2 is going for a basic design compared to the R1's. Will try one more time tomorrow but most likely I'll be sending them back.

Other than the upcoming R2 and the odd design of the iSine and the ME.1, anyone recommend any other open style IEM's?

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #2,753 of 3,190
Yeah, I don't think it's possible to get an IEM to sound like full sized open back headphone @Szarky. I believe I said before that I find closing the port makes heavy bass more impactful but that's about all it does for me. But I definitely hear a difference in the filters. I don't ever swap mine out after finding my sweet spot with the orange though. I suggest testing them out for a week more but, I get it, sometimes you just know when things don't click. With whatever you end up with, happy listening! :beers:

May 26, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #2,754 of 3,190
They will work, you just need to reverse one of the 2-pin connectors when you insert them into the Zenith. Not a big deal. You can check for correct phasing HERE.
I am not entirely sure there is still a problem, at least with the latest Zenith IEMs and cables...

I recently (within say the last 6 weeks) got new R1 Zenith IEMs.

First I checked the linked YouTube video with a known good set of IEMs. Seems to work just as expected.

Then with the stock balanced cable I checked the polarity of the Zenith with the linked YouTube video and it sounded right.

I next checked the same video on the Zenith with a new Linsoul LSC09 balanced cable. YouTube test results were the same as before - in phase. Just to make sure I wasn’t missing something I played from YouTube Bohemian Rhapsody 3D (a worthwhile listen, no matter your music tastes). The vocals were moving back and forth across the stage (right to left, then left to right) just as they should... Either my mind is playing tricks on me or somewhere along the way the Zenith and/or cables were corrected.

Now, because of the cavity on the IEMs that the 2-pin connector has to be seated into is very small, my Linsoul cables don’t fit well enough for me to be confident that everything will stay attached... Will check out more of my cables. I would like to switch the cable, but it really isn’t a big deal if not since IMR included both SE and balanced cables.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #2,755 of 3,190
I am not entirely sure there is still a problem, at least with the latest Zenith IEMs and cables...

I recently (within say the last 6 weeks) got new R1 Zenith IEMs.

First I checked the linked YouTube video with a known good set of IEMs. Seems to work just as expected.

Then with the stock balanced cable I checked the polarity of the Zenith with the linked YouTube video and it sounded right.

I next checked the same video on the Zenith with a new Linsoul LSC09 balanced cable. YouTube test results were the same as before - in phase. Just to make sure I wasn’t missing something I played from YouTube Bohemian Rhapsody 3D (a worthwhile listen, no matter your music tastes). The vocals were moving back and forth across the stage (right to left, then left to right) just as they should... Either my mind is playing tricks on me or somewhere along the way the Zenith and/or cables were corrected.

Now, because of the cavity on the IEMs that the 2-pin connector has to be seated into is very small, my Linsoul cables don’t fit well enough for me to be confident that everything will stay attached... Will check out more of my cables. I would like to switch the cable, but it really isn’t a big deal if not since IMR included both SE and balanced cables.
so the IMR included bal cable will work correct anyway ?

May 26, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #2,756 of 3,190
so the IMR included bal cable will work correct anyway ?
Well, the Zenith appears to have worked correctly with both the stock balanced and a third party balanced cable, which would indicate both the IMR cable and the IMR IEMs are correct...

I will try later today to put the IMR cable onto other IEMs as a final check.

May 26, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #2,757 of 3,190
Has anyone compared the Zenith with Campfire audio Atlas in terms of Bass and Soundstage? On reading reviews, it sounds like the Zenith has a wider soundstage? I guess the Atlas will have more detail and sound more refined, yet if the bass is similar, am wondering if at over twice the price the Atlas is worth it?
My over ears are HD800s which I love for the bass and the huge detailed soundstage. If I could get that in an iem it would be end game.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #2,758 of 3,190
One more here who order B stock for R1 Zenith. Now need to hold my anxiety to get this baby.

May 27, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #2,759 of 3,190
Has anyone compared the Zenith with Campfire audio Atlas in terms of Bass and Soundstage? On reading reviews, it sounds like the Zenith has a wider soundstage? I guess the Atlas will have more detail and sound more refined, yet if the bass is similar, am wondering if at over twice the price the Atlas is worth it?
My over ears are HD800s which I love for the bass and the huge detailed soundstage. If I could get that in an iem it would be end game.
in the reviews they say , the Zenith is very good at detail retrieval. i am excited to compare them to my other iems :)

May 27, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #2,760 of 3,190
V
in the reviews they say , the Zenith is very good at detail retrieval. i am excited to compare them to my other iems :)
Very interested to hear how the Zenith compare to your Legend X and Fearless Acme

Users who are viewing this thread

Back