IMR - R1 Thread
Sep 6, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #1,126 of 3,190
Today is a very happy day for me and my ears. I just received my R1 IEMs. The mirror polish is looking great. I connected the 3.5mm headphone cable and listened to a few seconds of "Beck - Deadweight" with AK70MKII and the sound coming from the R1 instantly put a smile on my face. Used the preinstalled black filters. The preinstalled tips are fitting perfectly and the wearing comfort is nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will test the other dilters and enjoy a lot of music this evening. :metal::metal::metal: :smile:
Im already seeing some minor fades on my imr r1’s gun metal finish. How did you polish yours to look like mirror polish? Thanks

Sep 6, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #1,128 of 3,190
30180FC5-3CB6-4140-9E6E-DCFB95ABC044.jpeg

Huh. Mine just happened to be out on my desk right now. I would not have noticed if I hadn't looked but the outside housing on my rt phone is almost completely silver now. That's the one I have trouble fitting and have to fiddle with for a while every time I put them in.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #1,132 of 3,190
What......I just realized you can wear these straight down!! very comfortable like this as well
straight down ?! how ? does anyone have a picture on wearing the R1 straight down ? the factory 3.5mm cable is too stiff to loop around the ear and I have to pull the cable divider up to below my chin to have a secure fit.

Sep 7, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #1,133 of 3,190
Official site has the B-Stock (only A+ / B+ grades) with a coupon code... and the brand new ones have a coupon code as well.
I just ordered B-Stock A+ grade with the coupon.. :) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Bob polished the R1 and sent it to me :wink:

Did you order the B-stock? And if so did you request for the polish *after* your order? Or prior?
I sent an email requesting the polish literally 5 minutes after placing the order, hope Bob can fulfill it.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #1,137 of 3,190
Guys, this is today's dumb question but how do you know whether your IEMs are in open or closed position? I can't figure it out just using sound (with the black filters on).

Thanks
It's written on them: C/O with arrows pointing to the C/ O, to indicate which is which :wink:

Edited to add: and I don't hear much of a difference myself, with blue filters on, tbh

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #1,138 of 3,190
I feel worse now because I still don't get it. I see the two arrows each pointing to O and C, but they always point to respectively O and C (duh), regardless of the actual open or closed position... If the O is the nearest to one of the screws then it's Open, and if the C is the nearest to another screw then it's Closed?

Sep 7, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #1,139 of 3,190
I feel worse now because I still don't get it. I see the two arrows each pointing to O and C, but they always point to respectively O and C (duh), regardless of the actual open or closed position... If the O is the nearest to one of the screws then it's Open, and if the C is the nearest to another screw then it's Closed?

You know "Righty Tighty, Lefty Losey"? When it's in your ear it the opposite. IDK, maybe it's a British thing. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back