IMR - R1 Thread
Sep 4, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #1,111 of 3,190
Depends if you like piercing highs or not. They will reveal everything. Foams much appreciated for this goy.

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #1,112 of 3,190
A3607C1B-0C43-4B88-A691-9BD7718CFD42.jpeg

Email from IMR plus photo from IG...

"The last of the IMR R1
It has been a year since the R1 was launched and it will soon be time for its replacement.

With that in mind the last of the R1 stock is up for grabs and with very few units left it will be gone fast.

Head over to the site and see if you can grab yourself and end of line bargain."

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #1,114 of 3,190
Got mine delivered yesterday, early thoughts are I love the sound, my last few iems have been BAs and the bass on these things is amazing. However I have real difficulty getting them in my ear. Half the time I end up slightly unscrewing the filter or turning the port or the cable works it way lose. Never had issues fitting any other iems I've owned so not sure what I am doing wrong . I really dislike the cable and thankfully I ordered a replacement so will see how that goes. Also have some spiral dots in there way although I am usually a foam tip guy.

Just been using the black filters for now and cant hear any difference with port open or closed so thinking that may be due to my bad fit. Anyway hopefully I'll adjust to fitting them correctly (and quickly) as again from what I've heard so far they seem great.

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #1,116 of 3,190
Repeated post

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #1,117 of 3,190
Never had issues fitting any other iems I've owned so not sure what I am doing wrong...Anyway hopefully I'll adjust to fitting them correctly (and quickly) as again from what I've heard so far they seem great.

Yeah, they are not the most comfortable IEMs that's for sure. You probably aren't doing anything wrong. For me it just sort of clicked after a couple weeks. I learned how they needed to be inserted and I've been good to go since. Give it a little time and practice. Looks like the the R2 (or whatever it will be called) retains the same basic shape. I didn't hear a much of a different with the port open/closed at first either. It wasn't until I started using the orange filters that I felt it made much of an impact.

Sep 5, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #1,118 of 3,190
BGvbWwt.jpg

Finally, the 2-pin socket orientation has been changed to standard on the R2. Will be released in 2-3 months from now.

Sep 5, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #1,119 of 3,190
What DAP or DAP+DAC combo are you using with your IMR R1? Planning to get one and im eyeing Pioneer XDP-300r, Fiio x5iii, Cayin n5ii. Primarily for streaming spotify, deezer, and tidal and then some FLACS.

My current setup is Iphone X + EarStudio ES100

Thanks

Anyone?

Sep 5, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #1,122 of 3,190
balanced out of Sony ZX300... very lovely sound :)

edited to add: oh, and they also have a REALLY good synergy with the Shozy Alien (though from the UI point of view the ZX300 wins by several light years, ofc :) )

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #1,124 of 3,190
Today is a very happy day for me and my ears. I just received my R1 IEMs. The mirror polish is looking great. I connected the 3.5mm headphone cable and listened to a few seconds of "Beck - Deadweight" with AK70MKII and the sound coming from the R1 instantly put a smile on my face. Used the preinstalled black filters. The preinstalled tips are fitting perfectly and the wearing comfort is nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will test the other dilters and enjoy a lot of music this evening. :metal::metal::metal: :smile:

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #1,125 of 3,190
Can someone explain to me how is the insertion of this iem? I know it's superficial but I can not adjust them well.

I had to try with multiple types of tips to get a good fit. Spinfit CP-240 were the ones that I stuck with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back