IMR - R1 Thread
Jul 8, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #826 of 3,190
How is this R1 compared to TOTL iems like, Andromeda, SE846, and PP8? I know it is not a fair comparison because of the price differential. Just need a brief explanation of what R1 is lacking compared to TOTL iems.

To me IMR R1 is much better than Shure 846 soundwise, only inferior in isolation.

Jul 10, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #827 of 3,190
Hi everyone,

I share with you my review of IMR R1 in Spanish language for auricular.org

https://auricular.org/imr-r1/

IMR_R1_00.jpg

Thanks for your support!

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #828 of 3,190
Well...I can say without a doubt Bob has surpassed my expectations on customer satisfaction. The experience has really made it hard for me to believe he was associated with all the crap at trinity as there was no reason for him to go out of his way like he did to help me with my issue I had (being that I’m a noob to the audio world with no rep or review page ect). I am extremely content

Jul 10, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #829 of 3,190
Hey to all,
I have been using the stock cable as I’ve been told its a pretty damn good cable despite it being hard to manage around the ears without really digging in with the chin cinche. Can anyone recommend a good cable for these. Im looking for something balanced first. Not looking to break the bank but want something similar to what the stock cables does (maybe more soundstage if possible but definitely want the warmth)
Also I’m in the states. Any thought on a good place for custom ear tips? Im out in hawaii. Actually saw a site for a hawaiian audiologist that sells custom eartips so I’m checking them out but still skeptical.

Any help is appreciated!

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #830 of 3,190
New arrival the new cable for the R1

Bought in Penon audio: HERE

Characteristics :
High Fidelity 8 Strands 19 Core OCC Cable Earphone Upgrade Cable

Description :
Cable Material: OCC wire , consist of 8 strands 19 cores , 1 core is 0.08mm .
Cable connector : 2pin 0.78mm / MMCX
Plug :2.5mm balanced / 3.5mm audio gold-plated
Cable length:1.2M

EzyLgGY.png

28HZ1Wz.png

0yOfo0u.png

Very malleable, soft, like you're not wearing anything.

Regards

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #831 of 3,190
To everyone with IMR R1s: If you had to recommend a full size headphone that had the same lovely, detailed, thumpy mid and sub-bass of the IMR R1, and the same sound signature with either the black or blue filters, what would you recommend? No price limits. Open or closed. Just has to be over-ear.

Jul 15, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #833 of 3,190
Fostex TH-900 come to mind (black filter)
with the pink/blue filters the Hifiman HE-560 come close if I remember correctly, not used any of my over ear much recently, guess why.... LOL

Jul 15, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #836 of 3,190
The b- stock price just went down from 300 too 265. Lol can't wait too see what IMR comes out with in the future ... XD

Jul 15, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #837 of 3,190
Does anyone know if the imr r1 is better then dunu dk3001?

If memory serves, I think @PinkyPowers may have had both models at the same time, so he may be able to give you an opinion?

Jul 15, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #838 of 3,190
If memory serves, I think @PinkyPowers may have had both models at the same time, so he may be able to give you an opinion?

Already gave my opinion. :wink:

From my review...
One of my favorite-sounding IEMs is the DUNU DK-3001 ($469, Review HERE). It is a much smoother, more liquid sound, while retaining most of the air and clarity the R1 offers. Yet the R1 is the more aggressive in-ear, with details coming at you in a more obvious way. DUNU is a relaxed listen in comparison. The treble is smoother and less sharp, though heightened enough to give tons of light and atmosphere. Vocals are warmer and fuller, sounding perhaps just a little more natural than the R1. Size and placement of the vocals are about equal. DUNU’s bass is killer, also coming from a 13mm dynamic. This is one of the absolute best I’ve hard. The R1 is better, however. It’s more detailed, articulate, and quicker. Both boast great big stages, but the R1 is the bigger by a small margin. Resolution is also noticeably higher in the R1. So basically, the DK3001 has the tuning I like best, while the R1 has everything else.

Jul 17, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #840 of 3,190
Any recommendations on a not too expensive cable (under 50) so I don't have to use the stock one? I wear glasses so thin cables have fared better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back