IMR - R1 Thread
Jun 28, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #796 of 3,190
Does the cable tame the bass a bit? I mean in terms of quantity not quality. After listening to the neutral/mid forward B8 for a long time the IMR seem like bass canons in comparison. I dig it though, sweet DD bass again *slurp* , but your answer would be helpful!

Also, the Blue filters should have the least bass, correct?
Blue filters are more balanced...

Jun 28, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #797 of 3,190
Hi guys, so I just would like to share something weird happen to me today, when i was using my IMR r1 it gives me static hock near my ear, i think around the metal housing, can someone tell me why is this happening?? I know the cause but im not sure why it happens. I plug my imr r1 to my laptop and this static never happen but when i plug in laptop with second monitor using hdmi cable I got this small static shock which is really uncomfortable. Has anyone experience this before?? what is the solution??? I have never had any issue with my phone other than this scenario.

I got this as well with a set of B-stock ones. I noticed though it only came up when I was charging my amp whilst using it. I sent them through to Bob though (it had a couple of other issues as well) and the new pair seems to be fine.

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #800 of 3,190
The silver cable got sent back as those progressive house climbing soaring highs were just too much. The stock copper is much welcomed. Also it is 1.4m which is perfect, whereas that silver cable was 1.2m which isnt enough give. Black filter + Spiral dots. Rock on

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #801 of 3,190
On a separate note, has anyone tried to run this through the Ifi Micro Ican SE? Or any amp pairings that have stood out?

My R1 loves the ifi iDXD and also sounds pretty amazing from my Pioneer XDP-30R balanced and recently had some really nice sessions with the Sony NW-A45. On the Sony though I felt it needed the gain to be on dB 0 instead of dB -3

Jul 1, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #803 of 3,190
Jul 1, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #805 of 3,190
I had too go with foams instead of the Spiral dots @ subguy cause those slowly progressing sweeping highs with edm Progressive House(youtube channel live stream) (whatever you call it theres so many names out there ...) were simply too piercing and i couldnt enjoy the music really, just kept me on the edge like when its gonna come the cloudy progressive soar, whats going too happen, a real rollercoaster and could be a scary one ... you never know unless you know the song as itll play what the music engineer of the song tells it too. Foams have played the trick Absolutely wonderfully ! Tamed the piercing highs too wear its actually a quite comforting listen ! and im relieved really relieved I found the cure. Also the stock foams are quite comfortable and puffy and allow for a really easy seal as well as give some nice quality thumping, and i prefer this bass texturing over the spirals. Win! So black filter open or closed + foams = good!

Jul 1, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #806 of 3,190
I had too go with foams instead of the Spiral dots @ subguy cause those slowly progressing sweeping highs with edm Progressive House(youtube channel live stream) (whatever you call it theres so many names out there ...) were simply too piercing and i couldnt enjoy the music really, just kept me on the edge like when its gonna come the cloudy progressive soar, whats going too happen, a real rollercoaster and could be a scary one ... you never know unless you know the song as itll play what the music engineer of the song tells it too. Foams have played the trick Absolutely wonderfully ! Tamed the piercing highs too wear its actually a quite comforting listen ! and im relieved really relieved I found the cure. Also the stock foams are quite comfortable and puffy and allow for a really easy seal as well as give some nice quality thumping, and i prefer this bass texturing over the spirals. Win! So black filter open or closed + foams = good!
I understand...I settled on the JVC, I felt they were the best for my listening. I tried Final tips as well.

Jul 1, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #807 of 3,190
Have you tried the stock medium(or is it a large, the larger of the 2 options) foam ? What are your thoughts on that

Jul 1, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #808 of 3,190
Have you tried the stock medium(or is it a large, the larger of the 2 options) foam ? What are your thoughts on that
I have large ear holes and always try the large foam. It may sound strange but I have an issue getting a seal with foam, always have. I try them each time I review an IEM just for these situations where someone might ask. I can tell you I am not a foam guy, never have been and I have quite a supply of Comply.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #810 of 3,190
The 18 awg cable actually gives out a lot more bass both in quantity & quality (more control). The speed has improved quite a bit as well. The vocal is much more forward, which was something missing from the stock cable.
PS. Im using Q5 with AM3B, blue filter and spiral dots. i realize the bass boost function actually tames the high quite well.

If you really want to tame the treble on the R1, i think the best solution is to get a silver + gold cable.

Does the cable tame the bass a bit? I mean in terms of quantity not quality. After listening to the neutral/mid forward B8 for a long time the IMR seem like bass canons in comparison. I dig it though, sweet DD bass again *slurp* , but your answer would be helpful!

Also, the Blue filters should have the least bass, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back