IMR - R1 Thread
Jun 20, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #782 of 3,190
When I needed to speak to Bob, I used the email address on their website - info@imrcoustics.com
He was very quick to respond and very helpful

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #785 of 3,190
r1box.jpg
r1s.jpg

r1nic.jpg
r1good.jpg
r1ears.jpg

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #786 of 3,190
La Tanks have arrived. Amazing how you can get 350+ bucks off for a little nic on 1 of them and the picture makes it looks way worse then it is haha what a steal. These babys are 10x more enjoyable then m late Periodic Be's, I think I might need too upgrade the smsl dac amp too get the Hardest bass outta these boys though what Im hearing so far is enough and I bet the the bass texturing will get better after more burn in cause its only been a few hours. Everything seems pretty crystal clear too me and these IEMs make you want too just crank it on most songs. Youll start at a lower volume then your feet will start tapping and you wont even be able too not turn her up cause you know whats coming when you do which is more excitement/enjoyment the higher you raise the volume. Just shatters my old Periodic Be in enjoyment factor/BASS texture and scaling Power, confirms what I was thinking about that being my first IEM 1000%. I tryed out all the filters for a bit and have come steady at the end of the day on the blue closed, open was just too "airy", this is just right. I realized pink was too much in your dam face after stumbling on blue in open. I tryed on the symbios w and god those things are uncomfortable. JVC spiral dots provide the best all around sound of everything Ive tryed including all the stock tips. I read someone saying these cant be worn down but that actually made me mad finding out that cause i had them over ear for a long time and uh yea you can and its actually more relaxing/comfortable. Unlike the dull Bes these will definately Not be sent back Muahaha.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #787 of 3,190
Hi guys, so I just would like to share something weird happen to me today, when i was using my IMR r1 it gives me static hock near my ear, i think around the metal housing, can someone tell me why is this happening?? I know the cause but im not sure why it happens. I plug my imr r1 to my laptop and this static never happen but when i plug in laptop with second monitor using hdmi cable I got this small static shock which is really uncomfortable. Has anyone experience this before?? what is the solution??? I have never had any issue with my phone other than this scenario.

Jun 22, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #789 of 3,190
Hi guys, so I just would like to share something weird happen to me today, when i was using my IMR r1 it gives me static hock near my ear, i think around the metal housing, can someone tell me why is this happening?? I know the cause but im not sure why it happens. I plug my imr r1 to my laptop and this static never happen but when i plug in laptop with second monitor using hdmi cable I got this small static shock which is really uncomfortable. Has anyone experience this before?? what is the solution??? I have never had any issue with my phone other than this scenario.

Its probably not static but a real voltage caused by a "ground-loop". Essentially a small current is flowing from the monitor, though the cable and your body back to ground. Harmless but not pleasant, unless you like small electric shocks. :)

Jun 27, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #793 of 3,190
I'll be selling mine for a fair price of 230€, since, well, I own two pairs and I only require one. Since I somehow have to pay for the TOTL IEM I'll receive soon, these will be sold. :) Flawless condition, every accessory included of course.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #794 of 3,190
I bought some silver + copper 18AWG cable from Mad Audio hong kong, and it sounds fantastic with the R1! the bass impact improves quite a bit, and it really brings the vocals to much closer than the stock cables.

Jun 28, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #795 of 3,190
I bought some silver + copper 18AWG cable from Mad Audio hong kong, and it sounds fantastic with the R1! the bass impact improves quite a bit, and it really brings the vocals to much closer than the stock cables.

Does the cable tame the bass a bit? I mean in terms of quantity not quality. After listening to the neutral/mid forward B8 for a long time the IMR seem like bass canons in comparison. I dig it though, sweet DD bass again *slurp* , but your answer would be helpful!

Also, the Blue filters should have the least bass, correct?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back