IMR - R1 Thread
Jun 16, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #767 of 3,190
Ok, I will quit beating this dead horse. But just to explain one more time, both cables have one red pin and one unmarked pin. One is marked R, which is obviously the right channel, and one is marked L, which is obviously the left channel. When you plug in the plugs into the earphones, they can be inserted either direction. Only one way is correct polarity. The earphones should have a red mark and then the red pin would go into that hole. But they are not marked. I know about left and right channels.

Jun 16, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #768 of 3,190
Ok, I will quit beating this dead horse. But just to explain one more time, both cables have one red pin and one unmarked pin. One is marked R, which is obviously the right channel, and one is marked L, which is obviously the left channel. When you plug in the plugs into the earphones, they can be inserted either direction. Only one way is correct polarity. The earphones should have a red mark and then the red pin would go into that hole. But they are not marked. I know about left and right channels.
I point the red dot inside so when it's on the ear it should be facing your ear.

No issues for me.

Jun 17, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #771 of 3,190
boom.easy.gif

Jun 17, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #772 of 3,190
I know what you are saying...at least on the pairs I have that cable inserts further one way than the other...unless I am smoking crack

Jun 18, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #773 of 3,190
Thanks, this is not about the supplied cable, which only inserts one way because it has a little nub on one side. My aftermarket cables do not have this nub. They have a red pin and an unmarked pin.
I am just surprised that as people have discussed aftermarket cables they have not mentioned this little challenge to polarity.
Bob, any chance you can chime in?
Sadly Bob seems to have quit this site for almost a year now.

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #774 of 3,190
There's a B stock R1 on the FS section of Head-fi

somebody should take this asap at 180 euros.

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #775 of 3,190
So after four weeks with the R1 I sadly had to send mine back. Amazon were very good as usual with returns, as long as its within the returns time-frame zero hassle in my experience.

Why you ask? Well I tried the last set of filters (the copper ones) and they had been cross-threaded into the aluminium storage block. I didn't notice this so when I attempted to fit the LHS filter the thread in the IEM was damage. I know, I was as always very careful when threading the filters in but obviously not careful enough, the thread was damaged and none of the filters would then thread easily.

I paid full price for the R1 so wasn't prepared to take the risk on the thread failing completely.

I do miss them and may repurchase them but to me this seems like a weak point on an IEM where frequent filter changes may be expected I liked the pink, black and blue filters, these spent the the most time installed, but did swap them over quite a bit depending on my mood.

Keep your eyes out for another refurbished 'B' stock item, one perhaps not so careful owner. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back