IMR - R1 Thread
Nov 25, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #1,323 of 3,190
Wait, so it wasn't just the material on the outside that would turn green? I imagined it was some kind of chemical reaction, not copper corrosion (?)

Most likely sweat getting inside of the cable, corroding the copper. Cables (if they are good) are copper silver plated. The plating layer is thin...

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #1,324 of 3,190
EB903A1E-D1D9-46C8-8536-809E826840F7.jpeg

Inside the cable cover.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #1,325 of 3,190
Most likely sweat getting inside of the cable, corroding the copper. Cables (if they are good) are copper silver plated. The plating layer is thin...

Oh, that's quite new to me, never knew this could happen. Haven't seen it happening on any IEM before, but sounds quite bad. It should be covered under warranty (?)

Inside the cable cover.

That's quite terrible visually. It was fixed by warranty, no?

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #1,328 of 3,190
Digging the new design and the bass control feature, I'm sure they will be spot on as Bob's really taking his time on new design and upgrades:thumbsup:

c23f407bea123e63d3de033ad1e297784e0ef5b7.jpeg

His email sparked my Pair O'1's today:grin:

Pair of 1’s.JPG

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #1,329 of 3,190
I'm listening to "Momentary Lapse of Reason" right now on the ones and there is a reason these are my premiere iem's in my signature:grin::beerchug:

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #1,330 of 3,190
I got the email too. For 250 pounds, seems like a great deal! The shell looks more refined/finished and yet still has the industrial style which I liked on the R1. I hope the driver flex is fixed. My B stock right side is terrible with it but sounds fine. He also mentions the bass is more controlled this time. That makes me worry a bit. What I loved about the R1s was the insane bass. I doubt it will be too much of a difference as to not like them though. Still... (and here we go) I am a bit hesitant to "pre-order" anything from Bob. I never had any trouble personally with Trinity but it did make me debate internally with this a bit. I'll probably pre-order as well anyways. Just buy through PayPal, I guess.

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #1,331 of 3,190
Not being much of a Basshead myself I use the Blue filter, I hope the bass control feature can make it somewhere in between the blue and black filters:fingers_crossed:

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #1,332 of 3,190
I have the R1’s and ordered the Zeniths. The amp to get the best sound out of the R1 is definitely the Monoprice Monolith portable class A amp. Of all my headphones and iems, the R1 scaled the best, especially with Dirac Sensaround turned on. These sound better than anything else I own with Dirac turned on. They just disappear, the soundstage becomes purely sublime. The only other headphone I own that scaled as well with the Monolith was the Elear. You’ve got to hear the R1 on the Monoprice Monolith with Dirac Sensaround!

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #1,333 of 3,190
Not being much of a Basshead myself I use the Blue filter, I hope the bass control feature can make it somewhere in between the blue and black filters:fingers_crossed:

Well, it will have the filters like before for that custom sound sig. Btw, I just spoke with Bob via email. He said the port (vent) is larger so the bass will be tighter and more controlled. Not necessarily less bass, but cleaner and less congested. This should also fix the driver flex issues. Needless to say, I pre-ordered shortly after our conversation lol! Kinda makes me want to drill the two holes out on the R1 shell (you can see them if you take apart the shell) and see if there are better results. I could always epoxy the holes if I overdo it. I may have a weekend project lined up!

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #1,335 of 3,190
I think I will be picking myself up one of these at the 260 price. Can't turn that down and I loved my R1, though I am hesitant as well considering the Trinity debacle. I want to hope that Bob has turned himself around, and I believe he has considering the success of the R1. He's been wonderful the times I've reached out to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back