IMR - R1 Thread
Mar 3, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #2,356 of 3,190
It's not in the picture?
That’s because it’s not in the picture and they were plugged into the R3’s balanced out. (Good spot)

Mar 5, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #2,358 of 3,190
Been tip rolling today and I have come to the conclusion that my new favourite is the Symbio W, it has de-throned its sibling the ES peel. I’ve settled on the Pink nozzle for its fun sound and the Blue for more critical listening.

8C85E37C-2853-478F-BEB1-C2B49EFC7220.jpeg

Mar 5, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #2,359 of 3,190
Been tip rolling today and I have come to the conclusion that my new favourite is the Symbio W, it has de-throned its sibling the ES peel. I’ve settled on the Pink nozzle for its fun sound and the Blue for more critical listening.

Agreed - I’ve definitely been swaying to bassier tips. I’ve finally tried all the tips I have (my Symbios were too small for these unfortunately). I settled on Comply comforts for a bit, but the best for me is now the foam and silicon tips that some with the Sony XB90EX or MDR series - but a size up (normally do M or ML, but am using Large). Loved Sprial Dots on the R1, but really not so much on the Zenith.

Mar 9, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #2,360 of 3,190
Looks like the R1 Zenith is on Massdrop for $499. Interesting ...

Mar 9, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #2,361 of 3,190

Think that could be a good move to push the Zenith into people's awareness, if the comments don't get hammered by the ex-Trinity guys. Been spending a bit of time on writing some impressions up on the Zenith today, and thoroughly enjoying it while doing so. Definitely an improvement on the R1 for me.

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #2,362 of 3,190
Think that could be a good move to push the Zenith into people's awareness, if the comments don't get hammered by the ex-Trinity guys. Been spending a bit of time on writing some impressions up on the Zenith today, and thoroughly enjoying it while doing so. Definitely an improvement on the R1 for me.
I'd quite like Bob to explore different filter materials for the Zenith. I'd love to hear how wood, ceramic or acrylic would sound as a purchase option.

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #2,363 of 3,190
Sounds like Bob's MO....he did the same with R1 to keep up interest after the original push

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #2,364 of 3,190
I have been using the Zenith with the Custom Art custom tips and Black filters as well as the Ares II cable. The custom tips seem to balance out the sound creating a less bassy signature. If I stay with the custom tips on the Zenith I would more than likely try with one of the bassier filters. I like the balance and clarity but I do enjoy the bass attack of the Zenith

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #2,365 of 3,190
The Effect Audio Ares II cables makes the Zenith sing!!
Still trying to get the mids to sound more natural however like the Oriolus mmkII but could be how beryllium sounds slightly metallic!

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #2,366 of 3,190
Did you guys have to email Bob for a replacement set? I assumed from his emails a replacement set would be sent automatically. I still have not received a replacement in the U.S. Anyway, I just sent an email to request a replacement. My set sounded extremely hollow and there was considerable driver flex on both sides. I don't normally do burn-in (I prefer to let them burn in as I listen to them), but after 60+ hours of burn-in the sound has not improved.

~edit - Shortly after posting this I decided to shoot Bob an email. He informed me a replacement was sent out to me, but he could only assume mine was lost in the mail, but he would be shipping another one out on Monday.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #2,367 of 3,190
Did you guys have to email Bob for a replacement set? I assumed from his emails a replacement set would be sent automatically. I still have not received a replacement in the U.S. Anyway, I just sent an email to request a replacement. My set sounded extremely hollow and there was considerable driver flex on both sides. I don't normally do burn-in (I prefer to let them burn in as I listen to them), but after 60+ hours of burn-in the sound has not improved.

~edit - Shortly after posting this I decided to shoot Bob an email. He informed me a replacement was sent out to me, but he could only assume mine was lost in the mail, but he would be shipping another one out on Monday.
Try sending him message on IMR facebook page>>https://www.facebook.com/imracoustics/ , he replies on all my messages there

Mar 10, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #2,369 of 3,190
How are you guys finding the scaling abilities of the Zenith? I've been using mine mostly with a DX120 which is a nice little basic dap that fits well on my pocket. Tried it today on an April Eximus DP1 and it's scaling well. Definitely far more bass texture and the improvements with dynamics, PRAT and general musicality are pretty significant. They actually sound like headphones to me using higher end equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back