IMR - R1 Thread
Mar 10, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #2,372 of 3,190
Mar 10, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #2,373 of 3,190
I forgot to mention this a while back but if any are still having balance issues or anything else it could still be a phase issue. My replacement set had the left side out of phase. I opened it and confirmed that the positive (green) was facing the left side and not the right towards the driver. Also, my replacement right side had driver flex while the original had the left side flex. So I've got a good working pair now. I'm still waiting on my mmcx connections to arrive from China and will upload the replacement process with pics. I'll probably attempt the mirror polish as well at some point and post the results. I've taken a short break from the iem collecting to really enjoy the music and not just the equipment.

Mar 12, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #2,374 of 3,190
Screenshot_20190312_110025.jpg

Mar 12, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #2,375 of 3,190

It's always good to see an announcement of new model from Bob. However, in my opinion Bob is committing the same mistake what he did earlier with Trinity by quickly announcing new models.
Zenith is still not stable; there are quality issues even with the replacement units as reported by some members here.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #2,377 of 3,190
That's going to be a heavy commitment... Although the Elan will be priced to sell with the inclusion of a special for current r1/Zenith buyers (£200~ hopefully) the Rah will be Bob and IMR's most expensive offering to date. There are really alot of headphones to consider at the commanding £1000 price.

Mar 13, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #2,379 of 3,190
I forgot to mention this a while back but if any are still having balance issues or anything else it could still be a phase issue. My replacement set had the left side out of phase. I opened it and confirmed that the positive (green) was facing the left side and not the right towards the driver. Also, my replacement right side had driver flex while the original had the left side flex. So I've got a good working pair now. I'm still waiting on my mmcx connections to arrive from China and will upload the replacement process with pics. I'll probably attempt the mirror polish as well at some point and post the results. I've taken a short break from the iem collecting to really enjoy the music and not just the equipment.
Are there any easily available instructions for opening and checking the zenith, and fixing if wrong?
Many thanks!

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #2,380 of 3,190
X0xEAAHuXjB8T6E72A_cvdNGxmsFCf01rY9RsOmAPHl3hyZg_zKsAiIJVMbfG4K6LSgo19VAnJvFpCn0XA8601ProdEN-vTqkkkx1rM2trUxMEaYOUw0yCc0Yfa4agWLNSIa-SjAFgtHEWYMQWMupu0QeagQC7vfNOoM5i3Dv3wQ-_5mN4mVWsUasPkJJYM=s0-d-e1-ft

gh_1pCND66qquIKRZVmpRUmKP_5jYMqJwwrsXRqXR3cgLPA9JHa1zQ4USqNz8Q0T2UanpOuR-6M_JBYrvAJmggga0dKK7M36pnIIa4ORn81N_wsNIO-Mc6G1Ys5k_RuL8q-nsi5lSa2cx8a13bxcLtvxMveKBr2-1xEmUh6ojqKwKszxeb8lXzhDeJf1mM3djvobKufJLHHWLqlA=s0-d-e1-ft

7 days left for R1 owners

Dear Customers,

Thank you to everyone for your emails asking about B stock Zeniths.

When I did the original R1 production run I had many problems with the anodising being an issue which could only be sold as B stock.

Sadly for you guys this just is not the case on the new Zenith. I have made many improvements to the overall build quality and improved many areas including the anodising which now is a very hard wearing coating.

I anticipate there to be very minute amounts of B stock and as I only make 1000 units per year stock will be very limited.

I know that many of you have been awaiting the reviews of Zenith buyers before hoping to buy a B stock but most of you will not be able to get any B stock.

So I have decided that until the 28th of this month to allow you to get new units at the same price as the pre-order. I can only allow this to run until the end of the month and no longer.

By using the link below it will automatically apply the discount at the checkout. If the link below does not work for you please enter code EFT9FWQB8TZD in the discount code section of the checkout.

Don't forget you can trade in your old R1 for up to £100.00 credit by PayPal.

So if you were on the fence now is the time to jump in on what many are claiming to be their end game IEM and a clear upgrade from the R1.

Regards

Bob

Buy Here
IMR ACOUSTICS

This offer is not available in the Republic of Korea

You received this email because you signed up on our website or made a purchase from us.

Unsubscribe

code not work, anyone help?

Mar 13, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #2,385 of 3,190
I need to check mine. As much as I like them (my replacement), there is still something a tiny bit odd about them. I get driver flex on the right driver and it has a different sound / dynamic to the left that I noticed at first but didn't give much thought to. Music sounds good but there is something I can't put my finger on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back