IMR - R1 Thread
Feb 21, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #2,206 of 3,190
I'm finding the Zeniths to be on the bright side in general. Coming from something like AKG N5005s, the Zeniths seem really bright and take some getting used to. Still on a tip search though and haven't come to any definite conclusions on what is best.

Feb 21, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #2,207 of 3,190
I'm finding the Zeniths to be on the bright side in general. Coming from something like AKG N5005s, the Zeniths seem really bright and take some getting used to. Still on a tip search though and haven't come to any definite conclusions on what is best.
I've found inears to be the best I've tried so far. They tame them a little without taking much away.

Feb 21, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #2,208 of 3,190
I've found inears to be the best I've tried so far. They tame them a little without taking much away.
Not familiar with "inears". Is that the brand? Google search didn't pull up anything relevant (at least on the first hit page).

Feb 21, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #2,210 of 3,190
Feb 22, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #2,211 of 3,190
Joining in the tip debate, I'm finding these pretty fit (or more accurately ,seal) dependent. Tried them today with a set of Flare Audio Earfoams and I think I've found my preferred tip for the long haul. Seal is perfect and the cone shaped bore doesn't muffle or damp the sound, so if you have a set, definitely worth a try.

Got my replacement Zenith today (UK) and there does seem to be a noticeable improvement over the old phase-incorrect model, even though I was running then with cables in the correct phase.

Matt just be expectation bias, but planning on running them both through my measurement rig to see if I can spot anything obvious so will report back in due course.

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #2,212 of 3,190
Been using the new Zenith for a week now. Definitely an improvement over the old Zenith and the R1. It took a little time to open up though. I don't believe it's a phase issue as the old Zenith sounds worse than the R1 no matter what I do. I'm glad Bob sorted it out, whatever it was.

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #2,213 of 3,190
Feb 22, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #2,214 of 3,190
Thanks for the tip (see what I did there)! Is the Air 3 the most apprepriate model for the Zenith? They seem to be the narrower, whereas I find the Zenith's nozel quite large. I'll follow your suggestion anyway.
I use inairs size 2 in medium. For some reason my link shows size 3 but it's size 2 you need

Attachments

• IMG_20190222_144857.jpg
    IMG_20190222_144857.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #2,216 of 3,190
So.... I have a set of U12t's inc will be interesting to see the diff

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #2,217 of 3,190
Joining in the tip debate, I'm finding these pretty fit (or more accurately ,seal) dependent. Tried them today with a set of Flare Audio Earfoams and I think I've found my preferred tip for the long haul. Seal is perfect and the cone shaped bore doesn't muffle or damp the sound, so if you have a set, definitely worth a try.

Got my replacement Zenith today (UK) and there does seem to be a noticeable improvement over the old phase-incorrect model, even though I was running then with cables in the correct phase.

Matt just be expectation bias, but planning on running them both through my measurement rig to see if I can spot anything obvious so will report back in due course.

Which flares are you using? I've noticed an Audiophile graded tip and a standard version. The standard seem to look like fairly normal foam tips

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #2,218 of 3,190
Which flares are you using? I've noticed an Audiophile graded tip and a standard version. The standard seem to look like fairly normal foam tips

The Audiophile version - they have a wide bore that expands out, so leaves the nozzle unblocked. Very nice sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back