IMR - R1 Thread
Feb 20, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #2,191 of 3,190
Has anyone noticed any bleeding at all on the "Z's"? I really loved my R1's, but hated the bleeding..

What is bleeding? Mid bass bleeding perhaps? If so, it depends on the filter. Bob said that since the vent is much more open and the piezoelectric driver has been upgraded that the filters won't sound exactly the same as the R1. I really don't like the filter with the cover. Sounds really muffled. Maybe try the pink filter?

Feb 20, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #2,194 of 3,190
is it something related to highs that sometimes are too loud (and annoying)?

Feb 20, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #2,195 of 3,190
I'm loving mine! Definitely a step up the R1s... Not a giant step but an improvement for sure. I'd say it's worth it if you have the extra cash.

I love the R1 so much I din't/don't feel a strong pull to move from them. But I did just grab a pair of the Senn 58x Jubilee for the home system so I can still hold on to my Head-Fi cred
:yum:

Feb 21, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #2,196 of 3,190
X0xEAAHuXjB8T6E72A_cvdNGxmsFCf01rY9RsOmAPHl3hyZg_zKsAiIJVMbfG4K6LSgo19VAnJvFpCn0XA8601ProdEN-vTqkkkx1rM2trUxMEaYOUw0yCc0Yfa4agWLNSIa-SjAFgtHEWYMQWMupu0QeagQC7vfNOoM5i3Dv3wQ-_5mN4mVWsUasPkJJYM=s0-d-e1-ft

gh_1pCND66qquIKRZVmpRUmKP_5jYMqJwwrsXRqXR3cgLPA9JHa1zQ4USqNz8Q0T2UanpOuR-6M_JBYrvAJmggga0dKK7M36pnIIa4ORn81N_wsNIO-Mc6G1Ys5k_RuL8q-nsi5lSa2cx8a13bxcLtvxMveKBr2-1xEmUh6ojqKwKszxeb8lXzhDeJf1mM3djvobKufJLHHWLqlA=s0-d-e1-ft

7 days left for R1 owners

Dear Customers,

Thank you to everyone for your emails asking about B stock Zeniths.

When I did the original R1 production run I had many problems with the anodising being an issue which could only be sold as B stock.

Sadly for you guys this just is not the case on the new Zenith. I have made many improvements to the overall build quality and improved many areas including the anodising which now is a very hard wearing coating.

I anticipate there to be very minute amounts of B stock and as I only make 1000 units per year stock will be very limited.

I know that many of you have been awaiting the reviews of Zenith buyers before hoping to buy a B stock but most of you will not be able to get any B stock.

So I have decided that until the 28th of this month to allow you to get new units at the same price as the pre-order. I can only allow this to run until the end of the month and no longer.

By using the link below it will automatically apply the discount at the checkout. If the link below does not work for you please enter code EFT9FWQB8TZD in the discount code section of the checkout.

Don't forget you can trade in your old R1 for up to £100.00 credit by PayPal.

So if you were on the fence now is the time to jump in on what many are claiming to be their end game IEM and a clear upgrade from the R1.

Regards

Bob

Buy Here
IMR ACOUSTICS

This offer is not available in the Republic of Korea

You received this email because you signed up on our website or made a purchase from us.

Unsubscribe

Feb 21, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #2,197 of 3,190
Well, from here I only want to congratulate and thank Bob for his magnificent work.

It is not necessary to burn the Zenith for 200 hours to appreciate that it is a masterpiece. As I said in another post, fresh out of the box sound spectacular and in IMO, much better than the original R1 in all aspects.

Congratulations Bob¡¡¡

The next step will be to achieve this sound, if not better, with a more ergonomic shell that also isolates external noise to be used by the street, subway, airplanes, etc.

From here I encourage you to try.

Feb 21, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #2,201 of 3,190
One thing I have noticed is that they are probably the most sensitive IEMs I've used in relation to tip rolling. I've found the difference between tips to be huge. I know all IEMs are but the Zenith seem particularly so.
Anyone else finding this?

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #2,202 of 3,190
Got my replacement set today. Having thought I had somewhat fixed the first one by flipping the contacts, I was kind of skeptical on whether I would notice any significant improvements. Boy was I wrong! These are so much better, it's unbelievable. And it's not psychoacoustics, I've been A/B-ing the same tracks, on the same dap (R6), with the same balanced cable and the same filters, the clarity, resolution, soundstage are substantially better. Night and day? Maybe not. Dawn and dusk? Definitely.

Feb 21, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #2,203 of 3,190
One thing I have noticed is that they are probably the most sensitive IEMs I've used in relation to tip rolling. I've found the difference between tips to be huge. I know all IEMs are but the Zenith seem particularly so.

Just a couple of weeks ago I reported the same behavior for the R1s. I noticed a different sound using the same model of tips, but with a slightly different size (larger).

Feb 21, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #2,204 of 3,190
Absolutely! Fit and sound are hugely affected, beyond the usual issues with either vacuum or partial seal.

I’m trying out the single-flange silicones from the Z’s box and they seem very nice. But Spinfit CP-240 not doing it for me. Foams from the box were a disaster. Symbio wide don’t work as well as on the R1. RHA tips could work too... Anyway I agree these are deeply susceptible to tip influence.

Feb 21, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #2,205 of 3,190
Absolutely! Fit and sound are hugely affected, beyond the usual issues with either vacuum or partial seal.

I’m trying out the single-flange silicones from the Z’s box and they seem very nice. But Spinfit CP-240 not doing it for me. Foams from the box were a disaster. Symbio wide don’t work as well as on the R1. RHA tips could work too... Anyway I agree these are deeply susceptible to tip influence.
Yep I found the same thing to be true of the mandarins. They were my go to tip on the R1s but they sound, how shall I put it, rude on the Zenith. They seem to over emphasise the treble to my ears. Today for example I found that between 2 different foam tip manufacturers, though being inears and comply to sound very different. It's a test I've done over several different IEMs and never really heard a good deal of difference until now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back