IMR - R1 Thread
Feb 22, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #2,222 of 3,190
[QUOTE = "rocko77, post: 14795349, miembro: 508595"] [ATTACH = full] 2628653 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
Hola, ¿qué cable usas? se ve muy bien.

Hello, what cable do you use? looks great.
Hey. Its an effect audio ares 2. It's had quite a positive effect on the Zenith. I recommend them if you want a bit more depth and more manageable treble. I usually buy toxic cables but the current waiting list is about 4 months.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #2,223 of 3,190
Is it just an impression of mine or are these headphones addictive?
I can not get them out of my ears and when I do I just want to put them back ... :)

With these and Tidal hifi my wishes are covered for a long time ...

Can someone who has Andromeda compare them?

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #2,224 of 3,190
Is it just an impression of mine or are these headphones addictive?
I can not get them out of my ears and when I do I just want to put them back ... :)

With these and Tidal hifi my wishes are covered for a long time ...

Can someone who has Andromeda compare them?

You'd probably want a comparison with the Vega or Atlas. Similar sound from what I've heard.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #2,225 of 3,190
You'd probably want a comparison with the Vega or Atlas. Similar sound from what I've heard.

Any of the 3 models can serve the purpose, also multiply x4 the price of Zenith ... I'm not sure that you hear x4 better than the R1Z ...
Just curious, as much as I like this hobby, I'm not going to spend $ 1000

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #2,226 of 3,190
Hey. Its an effect audio ares 2. It's had quite a positive effect on the Zenith. I recommend them if you want a bit more depth and more manageable treble. I usually buy toxic cables but the current waiting list is about 4 months.
From reading the Toxic thread I don't think Toxic cables is an option, since the sad passing of Frank there's people waiting for orders they placed early last year and have been told Toxic won't start trading until This April, when those orders will begin to be fulfilled. I have a silver poison cable from my old IEM's that I need to change the connectors to fit the R1, it's a cracking cable.

Feb 22, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #2,227 of 3,190
From reading the Toxic thread I don't think Toxic cables is an option, since the sad passing of Frank there's people waiting for orders they placed early last year and have been told Toxic won't start trading until This April, when those orders will begin to be fulfilled. I have a silver poison cable from my old IEM's that I need to change the connectors to fit the R1, it's a cracking cable.
Yeah I'd heard about Frank being terminally ill. sad loss for the industry. He was a nice bloke and always had time for me and my emails.

Feb 23, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #2,231 of 3,190
Does anyone have both the iBasso IT04 and R1 Zenith?

I had the original R1 before the IT04 and at the time it blew me away - bass is spectacular. However since getting the IT04 I haven't used the R1 much - to my ears the IT04 does everything other than bass better.

I have been listening to my IT04 since receiving them last July as they are the best sounding that I own. Stopped since getting my Zenith several weeks ago, but only to see how good they sound. I might be wrong, but not sure you can compare the two evenly mainly because the cable that comes with the IT04 is of a much higher quality. But seeing your comment decided to compare anyway. I think the IT04 and Zenith could be compared favorably. The Zenith to me have just as much detail. Mids perhaps more forward. I do have a higher quality cable coming Sunday, so will do another test listen and comment any differences. Hope this helps a little.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #2,232 of 3,190
The cable is the biggest let down for the R1 and IMO should definitely be an area Bob should look to improve for future models. For me it doesn't feel or look quality or premium like the unit itself does, its more commercial. The silver cable most of you got with the replacement is more akin to what I'd expect, it looks more premium and hand crafted which is a better aesthetic fit.

Feb 23, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #2,233 of 3,190
I have been listening to my IT04 since receiving them last July as they are the best sounding that I own. Stopped since getting my Zenith several weeks ago, but only to see how good they sound. I might be wrong, but not sure you can compare the two evenly mainly because the cable that comes with the IT04 is of a much higher quality. But seeing your comment decided to compare anyway. I think the IT04 and Zenith could be compared favorably. The Zenith to me have just as much detail. Mids perhaps more forward. I do have a higher quality cable coming Sunday, so will do another test listen and comment any differences. Hope this helps a little.
I've upgraded the cable on my zeniths. It's made a difference but nothing fundamental

Feb 23, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #2,234 of 3,190
The silver cable has a nice supple feel to it. It feels a bit rough around the edges as it doesn't have the notch you so can only put it in one direction and the pins seem to be a bit too close on mines. I forced them in but now the pins are bent apart slightly.

Feb 23, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #2,235 of 3,190
I did not like the silver cable that Bob sent us in the replacement and that's why we bought this Removable Cable Headphones, **** 8 Core Silver Replacement Earphone Replacement Cable with 0.78mm 2 Pin 2.5mm Plug for KZ ZST AS10 ZSA ZS6 ZS10 (2Pin 2.5) https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07D573TTD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-VtCCbT413AER When I try it, you draw the conclusions here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back