IMR - R1 Thread
Mar 30, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #198 of 3,190
Great review! Can't believe this thing competes and even compares favorably to both Vega and ASG2.5, two of my favorite IEMs. You guys left me no choices other than hitting the buy button:angry:
These are three times the ASG 2.5's in my opinion. Add an after market cable (mine is from Norne Audio/Silvergarde S) and it will be times four in a half, plus louder!

Mar 30, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #200 of 3,190
What after market cables are people using with the R1?
I'm using the Silvergarde S cable from Norne Audio and it has further opened up these iem's soundstage, bass is hitting at least twice as hard and the sound is twice as loud:), it brings the vocals out and the treble is ON POINT! It's a little expensive and the wait can be three months, but well worth the wait!

There are other options that I don't know about, but these are Graaavy Baby!

Mar 30, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #201 of 3,190
I'm using the Silvergarde S cable from Norne Audio and it has further opened up these iem's soundstage, bass is hitting at least twice as hard and the sound is twice as loud:), it brings the vocals out and the treble is ON POINT! It's a little expensive and the wait can be three months, but well worth the wait!

There are other options that I don't know about, but these are Graaavy Baby!
I mean I can use RSD Silver Litz cable I have but the connection angle makes the fit strange

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #203 of 3,190
I have a few cables here Rhapsodio Silver Litz, not sure he makes it anymore, Rhapsodio Golden MK3, Ares II, Dita Truth Copper, some of the after market cables I have, I am not a big cable guy.

Mar 30, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #205 of 3,190
Thought I would share a blurb from my recent Opus#1S review. I think the folk of this thread will appreciate it. :wink:

http://theheadphonelist.com/from-the-chrysalis-it-emerges-a-review-of-the-opus1s/
Shocking though you may find it, there is a far less expensive setup I enjoyed even more. The IMR Acoustics R1 (about $700 USD). With the copper filter, the R1 hits me in just such a way as to destabilize my passion for the hobby, causing me to flirt with notions of retirement, wherein just Pinky and this IEM live happily ever after, to the end. There’s phenomenal dynamics and clarity, sparkly, limitless treble, transparent mids, and unbelievable bass resolution… not to mention lethal impact. What’s more, the Opus#1S handles it all like a hero, hindering naught, though adding to the deliciousness.

Mar 31, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #208 of 3,190
Great review! Can't believe this thing competes and even compares favorably to both Vega and ASG2.5, two of my favorite IEMs. You guys left me no choices other than hitting the buy button:angry:

Thanks man, appreciate it! Imo it surpasses the 2.5, while the with the Vega it is more of a signature issue. I personally like it better than the Vega but others might not.

Right now I am using the R1 with the EA Lionheart 4.4mm, sounds sublime! The most change is with the soundstage (wider,deeper) and the treble is soooo smooth now, mmmm.

Mar 31, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #209 of 3,190
Cablejoke2.jpg
I have a few cables here Rhapsodio Silver Litz, not sure he makes it anymore, Rhapsodio Golden MK3, Ares II, Dita Truth Copper, some of the after market cables I have, I am not a big cable guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back