IMR - R1 Thread
Apr 5, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #226 of 3,190
They will either be customer returns or units with manufacturering imperfections.
The B-Stock I received last week weee in perfect condition, assuming a customer return.
Nothing marketing about it. They either have some minor aesthetic imperfections or as McCol said, they are customer returns. I asked him when i brought mine and he explained what they were like and whats included. Simple, ask Bob, dont make presumptions about BS marketing, he's very forthcoming and transparent about his product
Now that is naivety...LOL

Apr 5, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #227 of 3,190
Apr 5, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #229 of 3,190
Now that is naivety...LOL

If you have a point to make then why not make it clearly rather than wrap it up in a daft, not so subtle, troll post?

Fair enough you have an axe to grind with Bob / Trinity / IMR (many do and quite justifiably so imho) but no need for the snide dig at those who tried to help you.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #230 of 3,190
I'm not going to be posting any impressions on the R1. Doesn't feel right to do so when a number of Trinity customers still don't have their orders and the extent of Bob's involvement in that 'mess' is still unclear.

But in terms of damping the conspiracy theories at least a little it might help if I add my experience of ordering a B-Stock pair....

The pair I received would not pass as 'new' to my mind and if they'd been described as such I'd have returned them, discount or not. But as B-Stock they meet with my expectations and I think the description IMR provided was fair and consistent with how other retailers would describe their B-Stock items.

The outside of the product box I received has evident signs of wear & tear consistent with use and the internal foam is a bit marked up too with some minor dings etc. The IEMs themselves are cosmetically in what I'd consider mint condition but one of the open/closed 'dials' is noticeably less easy to turn than the other, although functionally both are absolutely fine.

Was surprised to find a balanced cable in the box with mine as I don't think it was not meant to be included. But assume it will be from the incorrectly wired batch so perhaps not really as much of a bonus as first appeared (no way to test).

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #233 of 3,190
Everyone has already made their comments regarding your statement. But i would just add; what benefit is there from a marketing BS perspective to saying you have B stock and returns for sale too?
Its very simple really, here how it works... an on-line company sells a product for say £500. Don't forget it is ONE product. The trick is to sell the product with the tag line "B" and "A" stock. One then has two products to sell, but there is no difference. Customers think that the are getting a so called deal / discount.

Apr 5, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #234 of 3,190
Its very simple really, here how it works... an on-line company sells a product for say £500. Don't forget it is ONE product. The trick is to sell the product with the tag line "B" and "A" stock. One then has two products to sell, but there is no difference. Customers think that the are getting a so called deal / discount.

Does it really matter though? I've bought a product that on paper is well below it's normal price. For the price I've paid I've bought an earphone that easily surpasses it's peers in that price group, it also surpasses products in it's original price bracket so I don't lose out.

I'm assuming that by your stand point on this that your alleging that companies here in the UK such as HiFi Headphones, Advanced MP3 players and even Apple/Amazon from where I have bought 'B' grade stock are ripping people off with as you call it 'so called discount'?

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #235 of 3,190
Its very simple really, here how it works... an on-line company sells a product for say £500. Don't forget it is ONE product. The trick is to sell the product with the tag line "B" and "A" stock. One then has two products to sell, but there is no difference. Customers think that the are getting a so called deal /
Its possible. But i have spoken to Bob personally and he explained the imperfections, and they are as he stated. So as far as im concerned and everyone else who has brought them, IMR is just offering some less than perfect IEMs for a rightly discounted price. He has been nothing but transparent, so if its an agenda regarding trinity or your just another know it all troller, either way your wrong and no ones interested in your consumer BS.
Why dont you go to another thread if you have no intention to buy or you think some conspiracy is at hand?

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #236 of 3,190
So I guess all those wh9 are us8ng aftermarket cables, none are in balanced configuration?

My point being that if you were having to buy a new cable to use balanced, yes you can wait for a correctly wired one from Imr, but at what cost, or could get one seen as an upgrade from toxic cables or similar. Seems silver cables are what have been used just a page before, so something like silver poison?

I have been using my 8 Wire Litz balanced cable I received for my Phantom Hunter with my R1 connected to my Pono Player. For me the differance in sound quality is substantial.

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #238 of 3,190
@Remiam7 brilliant minds think alike! I am running a balanced Type 2 pure silver litz cable (from headphonelounge.com) to my Pono. The sound is nothing short of jaw dropping. Upon hearing how wowed I was by my new setup, a friend suggested I try some DSDs... and then the sound was magical!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #240 of 3,190
Got my B-stock in and running them with Symbio w tips on the blue filter. These earphones sound great so far but this stock cable is driving me nuts and there's alot of driver flex.

Mine suffer from quite a bit of driver flex too but swapping to the Symbio W helped a lot.

With Spiral Dots, stock tips and the Symbio initially it was really bad and sounded almost like I was sticking a finger into a water filled ear! But with some hours on them I've found that the Symbio seem to retain a degree of memory between uses and this greatly helps with insertion. Still get some flex though but much reduced compared to what it was before, so hopefully you'll find the same.

Or maybe I've just become better at ignoring it! :dt880smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back