IMR - R1 Thread
Mar 23, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #182 of 3,190
Since 4 people have asked me about my custom tips, I will post it here for all to see :

First you will have to go see a local audioologist. They will take your impressions which will cost around 50€.

Then you send them to Custom Art in Poland. And then you order on their site https://thecustomart.com/shop/silicone-products/custom-iem-tips/

When they ask for which iem you can say for the CA Vega and they will know the right size. I chose two different colours so it is easier to tell left from right , but that is up to you of course. I think they could also work on the 2.5.

You can easily take them off and put them on other items but of course nozzle size is a factor so they wouldn't fit anything too big or too small. Custom Art keep your impressions (unless you tell themotherwise) and if you need some other size later they will make it.

I love mine, they make iems so much more comfortable and I can skip the tip rolling!

If you have anymore questions, just ask:)

Cheers Jamie

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #183 of 3,190
Sorry sent a message to my girlfriend prior and extened the 'x" but this is a love site right?
Yup, we all love our head gear. To pieces.

Mar 23, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #184 of 3,190
I put in the R1 yesterday evening. First time in about a week, as I have a number of new pieces to explore right now.

I was wowed yet again. The R1 is simply one of the nicest sounding things I've ever heard.

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #185 of 3,190
The SpinFits are better than I first reported. I was listening to Hobo by Sara K., which has a good amount of sub-bass. I heard thumping sounds that I thought were the neighbors running up the stairs (I live in an old house and the floors shake). Pulled out the R1s... nope, it was the RECORDING. So, I turned on the handy internet signal generator and swept down in frequency. I could easily hear down to 13Hz!!! This is 4Hz lower than I measured with the standard silicone tips.

Mar 23, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #186 of 3,190
I have never had a good seal with Spinfits or achieved the best sound quality with them either. If I have an IEM that sounds best with a wide bore tip it is JVC Spiral Dots if a signature sounds best with a more narrow tip, it is the Final Audio tips. I have found the JVC give me the best quality seal and sound with the R1.

Mar 26, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #188 of 3,190
Ordered B stock unit this morning, looking forward to trying these.

Mar 26, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #189 of 3,190
For those looking for custom tips in the UK I can't recommend Puretone enough. They'll mould your IEM into the tip, so unlike Snugs (who actually use PC Werth I believe) who only mould to certain IEM's you can use them for the R1's. I have a set of Puretone moulds from my IE80's that I have modified to accommodate the R1's as they're fairly similar in size and shape. They took a little bit of Dremeling and some black Sugru to keep them in, but they're absolutely fine. They're £95 including moulding from an associated audiologist and took a couple of weeks to be made.

Mar 26, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #190 of 3,190
Ordered B stock unit this morning, looking forward to trying these.
Let it burn in a couple of days, though you'll notice the potential right out of the box!

I use the copper filter, as it gives me the most of what I like! Hard hitting bass, great vocals, nice open soundstage, and deliciously crispy highs!

You're gonna love it!

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #191 of 3,190
I sat down and spent a little time with what I think are copper filters and what a wonderful sound. Solid, deep bass but plenty of treble for me.

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #192 of 3,190
I sat down and spent a little time with what I think are copper filters and what a wonderful sound. Solid, deep bass but plenty of treble for me.
The dark ones are the copper filter. To me also, that sound is just right! When I really push these iems, they sound like a big car stereo with all competition speakers (highs and lows)! These are quite exceptional!

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #193 of 3,190
The dark ones are the copper filter. To me also, that sound is just right! When I really push these iems, they sound like a big car stereo with all competition speakers (highs and lows)! These are quite exceptional!

No, the light ones are copper - confirmed with Bob :) They have max bass and that's what I'm hearing.

Mar 29, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #194 of 3,190
Maybe copper should have been named gold. Anyway, these things are pretty fantastic I've listened to a lot of dynamic drivers and I feel Bob is certainly on to something.

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #195 of 3,190
No, the light ones are copper - confirmed with Bob :) They have max bass and that's what I'm hearing.
Thank you for the correction! Those are indeed the ones I'm using and they are beautifully fulfilling! My bass craves are a thing of the past as I'm being fed loads of it through these filters! Along with very nice mids and treble, these are certainly an awesome set of phones!

They're the best I have in my collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back