IMR - R1 Thread
Feb 5, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #1,937 of 3,190
Unfortunately inconsistency in QC is like playing Russian Roulette! One never knows which one will be good or bad (never know which is worse a whole batch being shot or just one here and there), problem is for small companies it's hard to have a whole devoted QC team monitoring output and shipments and it's like a leap of faith for an owner and as he has mentioned he'll step in and spend more of his time testing for QC before sending a replacement and hopefully have future orders sent through him for testing too however that creates the new issue of time to receive for the customer. It's like damned if you do and doubled damned if you don't:thinking:

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #1,939 of 3,190
Bob has made the right decision now at last .. it will be good for the reputation of the brand.

he wants to have all customers happy and cutting root problems is a good way to do it.

I suppose all this is going to serve as experience and in future models he will not make the same mistakes.

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #1,940 of 3,190
Well why not let Bob send out new ones and if those work then do a DIY on the pair he said you did not have to return if you did not want too? That point and statement alone would be worth the wait IMO:thinking: QC has plagued Bob in the past sourcing a quality product caused issues at TA and now they are happening again but before everyone gets on the bash and slash train maybe let him rectify the situation and then if he fails to come through you can do what you have to:rolling_eyes: Fortunately for me I've had zero issue with either my original R1 or Zeniths now:thumbsup:

Don't want to be a PITA, but I still quote @bestbacon post. The problem is with the pins? the filters? the filter port? Because I don't get the reason to send multiple mails telling us about many problems and now it seems that it's only one and it's already solved. :thinking:

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #1,942 of 3,190
I am going to let him send the new ones in case the other issues he brought up are legit and then send back my original pair. He is trying his best and seems like a really decent guy so shame on anyone wanting to keep both pairs once the situation is resolved IMO.
Agreed, if there's an improvement will definitely send the first pair back.

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #1,943 of 3,190
He's either following this thread, getting a bunch of emails or both LOL

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #1,944 of 3,190
Don't want to be a PITA, but I still quote @bestbacon post. The problem is with the pins? the filters? the filter port? Because I don't get the reason to send multiple mails telling us about many problems and now it seems that it's only one and it's already solved. :thinking:

I hear you and hopefully it truly it is just the one issue and only on a few sets but as we all know the shear weight of a train on the decline gains momentum quickly, best bet is to let the man take care of it his way because he has always come through for me:wink: I'd like to think I have a good history here:beerchug:

We Are Family.JPG

Trinity Tribute - The Bob.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #1,945 of 3,190
I hear you and hopefully it truly it is just the one issue and only on a few sets but as we all know the shear weight of a train on the decline gains momentum quickly, best bet is to let the man take care of it his way because he has always come through for me:wink: I'd like to think I have a good history here:beerchug:

:beerchug: hands down! And the silver cable looks soooooo sexy!

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #1,946 of 3,190
:beerchug: hands down! And the silver cable looks soooooo sexy!

Let's just hope is does not yellow or tarn like every silver cable I've ever had so far!!!! I've really sworn off silver cable and gone to 16 core blacks on everything:grin:

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #1,948 of 3,190
This might sound dumb, but I did the polarity test and in phase sounds centered out of phase sounds down center? That make sense to anyone?

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #1,949 of 3,190
Well why not let Bob send out new ones and if those work then do a DIY on the pair he said you did not have to return if you did not want too? That point and statement alone would be worth the wait IMO:thinking: QC has plagued Bob in the past sourcing a quality product caused issues at TA and now they are happening again but before everyone gets on the bash and slash train maybe let him rectify the situation and then if he fails to come through you can do what you have to:rolling_eyes: Fortunately for me I've had zero issue with either my original R1 or Zeniths now:thumbsup:

My comment was made before Bob sent out the final email saying he would honor his prior email to resend replacement regardless of the functioning conditions of all previous sets. His previous email seemed to sanctify that the prior problems before didn't exist before and that a DIY fix would alleviate all other potential problems that existed hence my comment. I thank you for your suggestion in keeping both to see if there is a noticeable difference in sound between pre and post shipment of Zenith's to us.

I am much like many of you folks on the same boat just wanting the product that Bob had intended to deliver and wanted to eliminate any discrepenices of what we know as the Zenith's.

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #1,950 of 3,190

Amazing. I like you have been on the TA ship for a long time. Being an owner of the master 4, master, icarus 3, hunter and hyperion, I know that Bob has definitely made improvements to his iem designs over time. Although not everyone received the last headphones (Phoenix) or iems that were offered, I am luckily still using my hunters for gym duty everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back