I'm stuck deciding on a new pair of headphones. HELP!
Sep 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #17 of 29
Couldnt agree more with the above post, im ashamed to say I happen to be one of those "picky" types that strive to get that extra 1%
o2smile.gif

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #18 of 29
Well, yes.  I mean, I'm trying to simplify things.  Yes, I want the absolute best headphones I can get for my hard-earned money, but at the same time I don't want to spend forever researching this relatively moderate purchase.  Neither do I want to get out my glue-gun and wire-snips and starts trying to "better" things that I will almost certainly break on the first attempt.

I am, however, a little obsessed with headphones, as are, I guess, most everyone here.  And that's because they the primary way I listen to music, and I listen to music all the time.  All the time, when I'm home, and by myself.

But it does get a bit, well, how should I put it without insulting anyone....coo coo around here.

Rats.  I know I'm being insulting.  Oh well, I tried.

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #21 of 29
Enjoy them.

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #23 of 29
For $250 you can get Beyerdynamic DT Pro series at Long & McQuade (Keeles and Steeles).
I live in Toronto as well and often trying to avoid importing internationally unless it's made in US.

Or you can get Denon AH-D2000 at Bay Bloor Radio, they also have some low-end Grados SR80i and 60i.

By the way, Grado SR80i is $129.99 at Bay Bloor Radio.

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #24 of 29
I did notice that this place is almost all men - maybe all men, actually.  I don't know why that is.  Makes me think of Big Bang Theory for some reason, ha ha.  I like the advice about headphones in Toronto, but I don't live anywhere close to Toronto.  Other side of the country, sort of.  But there is a Long and McQuade kind of close to me.  I never thought of them.  I thought all they did was instruments and music lessons.  Their website is full of quality headphones.

I'll go down sometime this week and actually try on a few pairs before I decide on the MS1is.  Thanks a million.

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #25 of 29

Quote:
Well, yes.  I mean, I'm trying to simplify things.  Yes, I want the absolute best headphones I can get for my hard-earned money, but at the same time I don't want to spend forever researching this relatively moderate purchase.  Neither do I want to get out my glue-gun and wire-snips and starts trying to "better" things that I will almost certainly break on the first attempt.

I am, however, a little obsessed with headphones, as are, I guess, most everyone here.  And that's because they the primary way I listen to music, and I listen to music all the time.  All the time, when I'm home, and by myself.

But it does get a bit, well, how should I put it without insulting anyone....coo coo around here.

Rats.  I know I'm being insulting.  Oh well, I tried.

Yep that would be the two requirements right there for Head-Fi - insanity and being male
rolleyes.gif

Now back to that Linn Records selection in 24/96...

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #26 of 29

Quote:
I did notice that this place is almost all men - maybe all men, actually.  I don't know why that is.  Makes me think of Big Bang Theory for some reason, ha ha.  I like the advice about headphones in Toronto, but I don't live anywhere close to Toronto.  Other side of the country, sort of.  But there is a Long and McQuade kind of close to me.  I never thought of them.  I thought all they did was instruments and music lessons.  Their website is full of quality headphones.

I'll go down sometime this week and actually try on a few pairs before I decide on the MS1is.  Thanks a million.

You can still order from Bay Bloor Radio, they will ship it to you. :wink:

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #27 of 29
We already did the calculations, there are approximately 175 females on the internets as a whole and 7.35 of them are on headfi. Im sorry to say that the OP is most like a 50 year old sweaty bald guy in ohio somewhere; makes me a sad panda  just thinking about it. 

Quote:
If that picture is you, I honestly did not know girls were interested in a good pair of headphones or cared about sound equality, much less know of head-fi.org.

=p

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #28 of 29

Quote:
We already did the calculations, there are approximately 175 females on the internets as a whole and 7.35 of them are on headfi. Im sorry to say that the OP is most like a 50 year old sweaty bald guy in ohio somewhere; makes me a sad panda  just thinking about it. 

Either that or some gay guy in the Australian outback whose lonely.

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #29 of 29

Quote:

Either that or some gay guy in the Australian outback whose lonely.

Scary - visions of some hardened, sun burnt character out of the film 'Wolf Creek' pulling up on the side
of the road with a pair of HD 800's over his head running out of a vintage amp in the battered ute via
a step up 12V to 240V converter
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back