iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
May 19, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #6,256 of 9,047

Did anyone measured how many hours we can use iDSD on Normal Power mode while using in USB Power? I couldn't find any information on that.

It drains very slowly but it would be great information to learn how much time I get before it shut itself down. 
biggrin.gif

There is a little brochure in the box and it states as follows;
ECO ~12 hours
Normal ~19 hours
Turbo ~6 hours

I was actually talking about USB Power. These are the Battery Power's measurements. In that brochure, before that measurements, it states "in Battery mode with typical headphones". 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #6,257 of 9,047
  I was actually talking about USB Power. These are the Battery Power's measurements. In that brochure, before that measurements, it states "in Battery mode with typical headphones". 
smily_headphones1.gif

If it's in USB mode, it's the equivalent of being plugged into the wall.

May 20, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #6,258 of 9,047
Did anyone measured how many hours we can use iDSD on Normal Power mode while using in USB Power? I couldn't find any information on that.

It drains very slowly but it would be great information to learn how much time I get before it shut itself down. 
biggrin.gif

There is a little brochure in the box and it states as follows;
ECO ~12 hours
Normal ~19 hours
Turbo ~6 hours

That's a misprint. It's 9 hours in Normal mode, not 19.

May 20, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #6,259 of 9,047
If you have the iDSD plugged into an always-ON USB port, then assuming you sleep for part of the day you need never turn it off.

May 20, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #6,261 of 9,047
Will leaving the iDSD always plugged in result in shortened battery? If I want to use it as DAC only is there anyway to bypass the charging?

If you are using it as a DAC only then you should be using 'Eco' mode.

Provided you then run the iDSD in USB power mode:

i) with the PC on (USB port on) the battery will not be used, the iDSD will sleep when you are not listening and the battery will charge. Overcharging is not possible.

ii) with the PC off (USB port off) the battery will only be used a tiny bit because the iDSD will enter sleep mode.

May 20, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #6,262 of 9,047
  Will leaving the iDSD always plugged in result in shortened battery? If I want to use it as DAC only is there anyway to bypass the charging?

I never turn mine off. It automatically goes into a sleep mode when not used, which allows it to recharge from the USB port. You can disable the automatic charging with a specific firmware flavor if you want.

May 20, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #6,263 of 9,047
Just added another piece to my micro iDSD system. Its an Auralic Aries Mini which uses the Mercury cable into its USB socket and then some witchcraft is performed with the Lightning DS app from my iPhone and my WiFi router and hey presto.......I cannot categorically say it sounds any better, but it is a quieter background with no laptop fan. Also the tracks start up or change with CD like precision and with much fewer drop outs. So overall its a more enjoyable listening experience and means the laptop can go back to more mundane tasks! So I recommend this strongly if you are a Tidal or Qobuz user.  

May 21, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #6,264 of 9,047
Quote:

I bought a used Micro from someone that used it as a desktop only solution for quite a while. When I received it, I tested its battery and it easily hit the 6 hour mark in turbo using my Alpha Primes. It went red an hour or so later but I stopped timing it after 6 really, so I would assume it doesn't shorten it's battery if it's used as a desktop solution only. 

May 21, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #6,267 of 9,047
Hi guys I'm having problems play sound from chrome I've tried to disable Flash but it still won't work

Mac or PC?

If it's Mac, then switch the audio midi setup frequency to 16/44 or 16/48 and restart chrome. It seems to be the only browser under Mac OS that has some funny stuff going on when it comes to audio output. If the frequencies don't match - no sound.

Cheers.

May 22, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #6,269 of 9,047
yes I have a Mac but where do I find midi setup

Spotlight: audio midi

Or:

Applications -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back