iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Aug 13, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #9,047 of 9,047
So my ifi idsd suddenly wont work with my iphone, when i plug it in the LED indicator just turns white and the music plays on my iphone speakers.

Tried it with my friend's iphone and still same problem.

When I tried plugging it in my desktop pc and my laptop via the provided usb cable, the indicator led also turns white but it doesn't get detected by my desktop and laptop. Tried installing the ifi drivers but it gives the error "setup requires device is plugged in. please connect the device etc etc etc".

Everything else works btw, just the usb input.

Thanks!
Had the same thing yesterday - LED was turning green, then white, right after power-on, and the PC wasn't seeing the DAC connected. I pulled out all the cables, flipped all the switches, powered on the Micro disconnected from everything, saw it get to the blinking-green I was hoping for, then powered it off and re-did everything in stages and powered on again after each stage:
* put switches back to the same positions -> powered on normally
* reconnected headphone-out extension cable (no heaphones) -> powered on normally
* reconnected speaker RCAs (with speakers connected) -> powered on normally
* reconnected PC USB (with PC turned off but supplying USB power) -> powered on normally
Then I powered on the PC and saw the Micro go through the usual stages during boot-up: yellow after green, magenta after yellow, then steady green when everything was booted up and logged in and ready to go.

So you just have to reset some things and power cycle the DAC and it recovers from this "direct-to-white" problem, apparently. Not sure why it goes through different colors associated with these "extraterrestrial" DXD and DSD formats that I never use, but yellow and magenta are something I always see during normal startup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back