iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Nov 20, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #2,341 of 5,899
Any device connected to the same network (ie, same router) either wired or wireless must have a unique IP address to avoid conflicts. And unless you have assigned a static IP address to a device in your network you won have conflicts. But the way devices are connected (wired or wireless) doesn’t matter
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I got a lot of devices connected to same router either static or dynamic IP. However, I did some checking and there's no conflict.
it done this to me as well first time,done a reset and set it up again and its been fine since
Haha, why I never thought of reset b4....i think since I reset once during my 1st firmware upgrade....then later not needed to reset for further upgrade, so never really come to my mind.

In this case, I will try to reset and do the setup again later.

Thanks for the suggestion.

On the 2nd thought, I wonder is there anything to do with "ifi.local" bcoz I never get it work in my phone (Huawei Mate 20 pro) but using ip address is ok.

However, I have no problem accessing "ifi.local" using my macbook.

Nov 20, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #2,342 of 5,899
MOD NOTE: Guys, we've removed a few posts, and we're taking a look at the thread now. If you're having warranty issues, please contact the relevant parties directly, While fellow members can sometimes help with technical issues, warranties aren't something they can help with, and it should be taken up with the necessary parties directly.

Let's bring the conversation back on track.

Nov 20, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #2,343 of 5,899
MOD NOTE: Guys, we've removed a few posts, and we're taking a look at the thread now. If you're having warranty issues, please contact the relevant parties directly, While fellow members can sometimes help with technical issues, warranties aren't something they can help with, and it should be taken up with the necessary parties directly.

Let's bring the conversation back on track.

I agree that this thread was getting a bit out of hand and tiresome, but warranty and return issues with manufacturers and/or dealers (good or bad) should be fair game on these open forums. Individual attacks, not so much. My two cents...

Nov 20, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #2,344 of 5,899
I agree that this thread was getting a bit out of hand and tiresome, but warranty and return issues with manufacturers and/or dealers (good or bad) should be fair game on these open forums. Individual attacks, not so much. My two cents...
I agree, but there’s always a point where it can become excessive. And sometimes, it would just need its own thread as to not take the original thread off-track.

Nov 20, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #2,345 of 5,899
So looking very hard at the Ifi Zen Stream vs. BlueSound node as my first streamer. Likely I'll only be doing amazon hd + quobuz or spotify. I don't care about Dacs, MQA, Roon Ready I just want a simple point source streamer to control via my phone / ipad. I don't care about airplay or bluetooth either as I want it to stream directly via wifi.

For me the sound quality is important but I'm frustrated I couldn't find an affordable streamer with I2S input for my dac. Ahead of SQ is actual functionality which has me leaning slightly toward the BlueOS. I like the idea of not having to futz with crap software programs with workaround solutions just to find music.

I'm anti DIY so pc building, Rapberry Pi, DIY amps/speaker kits are like batteries to my tongue. All else being equal obviously I would choose the better sounding gear.

The general consensus is that BS node seems to be more reliable in connection and easier to use while the Ifi Streamer is the better sounding piece of gear. Does that seem accurate? Any other items I should be considering in the $400 - $600 price range?

Nov 20, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #2,346 of 5,899
So looking very hard at the Ifi Zen Stream vs. BlueSound node as my first streamer. Likely I'll only be doing amazon hd + quobuz or spotify. I don't care about Dacs, MQA, Roon Ready I just want a simple point source streamer to control via my phone / ipad. I don't care about airplay or bluetooth either as I want it to stream directly via wifi.

For me the sound quality is important but I'm frustrated I couldn't find an affordable streamer with I2S input for my dac. Ahead of SQ is actual functionality which has me leaning slightly toward the BlueOS. I like the idea of not having to futz with crap software programs with workaround solutions just to find music.

I'm anti DIY so pc building, Rapberry Pi, DIY amps/speaker kits are like batteries to my tongue. All else being equal obviously I would choose the better sounding gear.

The general consensus is that BS node seems to be more reliable in connection and easier to use while the Ifi Streamer is the better sounding piece of gear. Does that seem accurate? Any other items I should be considering in the $400 - $600 price range?

I don't believe you will be able to use Amazon Music or Qobuz with the Zen if you are against Roon ($$$), Airplay and BT.

Nov 20, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #2,347 of 5,899
I don't believe you will be able to use Amazon Music or Qobuz with the Zen if you are against Roon ($$$), Airplay and BT.
thanks I think you just sealed it for me.. the BS node it is; appreciate the input!

Nov 20, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #2,348 of 5,899
thanks I think you just sealed it for me.. the BS node it is; appreciate the input!
not true about quboz,it works via dnla to the zen,im using it with Mconnect app,ive got both the node and zen,the dac in the node isn't up to much but if you use it as a transport only via spidf to ex dac like I do there is honestly not much in it between them in sq,other people think the zen is better.the node has a better ui and is more stable but both are good,allo digione siq and shanti psu is a good alternative aswell for around the same price

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #2,349 of 5,899
not true about quboz,it works via dnla to the zen,im using it with Mconnect app,ive got both the node and zen,the dac in the node isn't up to much but if you use it as a transport only via spidf to ex dac like I do there is honestly not much in it between them in sq,other people think the zen is better.the node has a better ui and is more stable but both are good,allo digione siq and shanti psu is a good alternative aswell for around the same price

I gathered he didn't want to use Airplay or DLNA (or Roon) when he said he wanted to stream direct to the Zen. With DLNA it's streaming through the phone, similar to Airplay.

Nov 20, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #2,350 of 5,899

I'm not that familiar with the BS node. It may have the same limitations so research for your needs.

Nov 20, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #2,351 of 5,899
I had issues figuring out how to get my zen stream to work with Tidal. It works completely fine with Spotify. I tried the latest firmware (Oct 2021) update, ethernet, wifi, and various other things. Turns out I saw Bluesound Node 2 can often similar issues with Tidal not connecting or cutting out all the time. This was because Tidal needs a DNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 with these streamers for some odd reason. My router was using my ISP DNS settings instead and I needed to manually set that up through my DHCP settings. Everything is now working completely fine for me with no connection issues.

Nov 20, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #2,352 of 5,899

Nov 20, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #2,353 of 5,899
I've seen a couple posts about having to reset the ZS after using Tidal...

The simple fix for this for right now is to make sure your clear your play Queue before exiting Tidal, this has become my habit, if I'm not using Roon which I usually do.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 20, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #2,355 of 5,899
I had issues figuring out how to get my zen stream to work with Tidal. It works completely fine with Spotify. I tried the latest firmware (Oct 2021) update, ethernet, wifi, and various other things. Turns out I saw Bluesound Node 2 can often similar issues with Tidal not connecting or cutting out all the time. This was because Tidal needs a DNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 with these streamers for some odd reason. My router was using my ISP DNS settings instead and I needed to manually set that up through my DHCP settings. Everything is now working completely fine for me with no connection issues.

I guess Google wants to know your music preferences (as those are Google's DNS servers)... :sunglasses:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back