iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Nov 19, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #2,326 of 5,923
Hey everyone,

Well hopefully back home for at least more than a couple days this time. First off a big thanks to all who sent well wishes in private messages and in other ways. I know I didn't get them right away but I did see them, and they are greatly appreciated!!

Unfortunately, everything is not back to where it needs to be, still have some rather large gaps in memory, and other issues have developed that are to say the least very limiting in not only what I can do, but also how I can do it. While I am here today and knowing I will be absent quite a bit, I wanted to comment best I can on what I have been able to keep up on, and what I have read.

First off, what an absolute shame for the most part this thread has become, I honestly cannot believe what it has become. After all the time myself and others have spent helping new Zen Stream owners try to overcome whatever issues they were having, and trying to make sure they address whatever they needed, to see this crap that's being posted now, honestly makes me never want to be part of any forum again. To think of all the posts and private messages lost to time (meaning the page before this one), that will never even be looked at, or read before someone makes their next post is honestly just freaking sad. I seriously cannot even fathom how far this has fallen, and the worst part is that the ZS is such a good product that will probably never be bought by people because of all the crap that's been posted here. (By Crap I mean disinformation, and just plain not knowing how the product works.

So I'm probably going to get in trouble in someway here with this post but, being sometimes I can't remember what I did yesterday, two days ago or ten days ago, well screw it...

Why @iFi audio lets some of this junk stay posted here without consequence is quite frankly beyond me. As we all know sometimes all it takes is a single bad review, or forum post, to put people off of a product. Why? Well because most people just see the first few things that pop up, and refuse to dig into the details of a product, as an example again, most people wont even read a few pages back, or skim a larger thread to see if their issue has been brought up, addressed or solved, they just read the last two or three posts, and decide it's not worth it.

So speaking of the last posts, why in the blue hell anyone would ask @rudy49 a question about the ZS is beyond my wildest imagination! Not only has he been spouting the same easily disproved BS for well over 100 pages, give me a break!! If you believe or put an stock in what he is saying, frankly it's your loss, you've missed out on a fantastic sounding streamer, that has been proven by many of us thru tests, and comparisons to be better than many units twice it's asking price! Do you really believe he has received 3 exactly the same faulty units? Exhibiting the exact same symptoms?? Come on now, let's get real.

@rudy49 could not find his butt with both hands, even if someone pointed to it for him.

To back up my harsh statement, just look thru his own posts you will see how he has contradicted himself over and over. But yet here he is everyday crapping all over a product he claims to love but can't get working, OMG! Certainly smells to me like a competitors troll, more than likely a paid agent of disinformation, but that's just my opinion.

So to wrap up, I know I will not be here allot, at least not right now anyway, but if anyone needs help, just send a PM I will do what I can to help.

That being said, I will point out to those who haven't read any of my posts (or others), my ZS has been working flawlessly since I got it, which was the day after release day, I think. If you are having issues with the ZS reach out to @iFi audio , or @Sebastien Chiu or contact ifi Directly, they are wonderful. In the very beginning the got right on a defective batch of power supplies, and resolved the issue, if you asked!

Does the ZS have some hiccups, sure...

Does the ZS sound fantastic, absolutely...

Does @rudy49 have a freaking clue what he's talking about, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

To all my friends here...

Cheers... Peace, and love!

Out for now...

Bubba

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 19, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #2,327 of 5,923
The streamer is a wonderful product and has worked without any problems for me from day one.
Of course, sometimes it is the case that a new product is made even better at one point or another, but that is nothing new and everyone who posts something here actually knows about it.

I also posted my wishes here and every day I was happy to see if there was anything new to my question, but with the nonsense that some people post and thus spread, I think it can only be a different product and not the zen stream !

I also think that the zen stream should be done badly on purpose, because it cannot be that others charge ten times as much for the same performance and possibly lose their customers.

Friends, don't let zen dissuade you .....
I have already sunk so much money in my hobby, but the zen stream is not one of them .... !!!
It works and just keeps getting better ... that's the truth!
sorry, that had to go.

stay healthy and enjoy your hobby

Nov 19, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #2,328 of 5,923
Has anyone used any of the additional ifi filters like igalvanic, iUSB 3.0, or ipurifier3 usb with the streamer? I'm wondering if it's even worth it since it has some of this tech already built in. I also wonder if the streamer would be cleaner since it's a single source over hooking all those digital enhancers to a computer as a source. hmm.

I've ordered a streamer but curious if anyone has tried any of these things.

Nov 19, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #2,329 of 5,923
Has anyone used any of the additional ifi filters like igalvanic, iUSB 3.0, or ipurifier3 usb with the streamer? I'm wondering if it's even worth it since it has some of this tech already built in. I also wonder if the streamer would be cleaner since it's a single source over hooking all those digital enhancers to a computer as a source. hmm.

I've ordered a streamer but curious if anyone has tried any of these things.
I'd say 99% that iusb or purifier would be awaste of ur cash as the zen already measures so low in jitter ect,even if it did it would minimal and you wouldn't hear any difference anyway

Nov 19, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #2,330 of 5,923
Another here who’s had very few issues with the ZS, and any I had at first have been fixed with the various updates.
I’m delighted with it.

With regards to this thread, I’ve found it useful, once I’ve waded past the posts that Mr BubbaHyde refers to.

Nov 19, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #2,331 of 5,923
Noob mode
Hey everyone,

Well hopefully back home for at least more than a couple days this time. First off a big thanks to all who sent well wishes in private messages and in other ways. I know I didn't get them right away but I did see them, and they are greatly appreciated!!

Unfortunately, everything is not back to where it needs to be, still have some rather large gaps in memory, and other issues have developed that are to say the least very limiting in not only what I can do, but also how I can do it. While I am here today and knowing I will be absent quite a bit, I wanted to comment best I can on what I have been able to keep up on, and what I have read.

First off, what an absolute shame for the most part this thread has become, I honestly cannot believe what it has become. After all the time myself and others have spent helping new Zen Stream owners try to overcome whatever issues they were having, and trying to make sure they address whatever they needed, to see this crap that's being posted now, honestly makes me never want to be part of any forum again. To think of all the posts and private messages lost to time (meaning the page before this one), that will never even be looked at, or read before someone makes their next post is honestly just freaking sad. I seriously cannot even fathom how far this has fallen, and the worst part is that the ZS is such a good product that will probably never be bought by people because of all the crap that's been posted here. (By Crap I mean disinformation, and just plain not knowing how the product works.

So I'm probably going to get in trouble in someway here with this post but, being sometimes I can't remember what I did yesterday, two days ago or ten days ago, well screw it...

Why @iFi audio lets some of this junk stay posted here without consequence is quite frankly beyond me. As we all know sometimes all it takes is a single bad review, or forum post, to put people off of a product. Why? Well because most people just see the first few things that pop up, and refuse to dig into the details of a product, as an example again, most people wont even read a few pages back, or skim a larger thread to see if their issue has been brought up, addressed or solved, they just read the last two or three posts, and decide it's not worth it.

So speaking of the last posts, why in the blue hell anyone would ask @rudy49 a question about the ZS is beyond my wildest imagination! Not only has he been spouting the same easily disproved BS for well over 100 pages, give me a break!! If you believe or put an stock in what he is saying, frankly it's your loss, you've missed out on a fantastic sounding streamer, that has been proven by many of us thru tests, and comparisons to be better than many units twice it's asking price! Do you really believe he has received 3 exactly the same faulty units? Exhibiting the exact same symptoms?? Come on now, let's get real.

@rudy49 could not find his butt with both hands, even if someone pointed to it for him.

To back up my harsh statement, just look thru his own posts you will see how he has contradicted himself over and over. But yet here he is everyday crapping all over a product he claims to love but can't get working, OMG! Certainly smells to me like a competitors troll, more than likely a paid agent of disinformation, but that's just my opinion.

So to wrap up, I know I will not be here allot, at least not right now anyway, but if anyone needs help, just send a PM I will do what I can to help.

That being said, I will point out to those who haven't read any of my posts (or others), my ZS has been working flawlessly since I got it, which was the day after release day, I think. If you are having issues with the ZS reach out to @iFi audio , or @Sebastien Chiu or contact ifi Directly, they are wonderful. In the very beginning the got right on a defective batch of power supplies, and resolved the issue, if you asked!

Does the ZS have some hiccups, sure...

Does the ZS sound fantastic, absolutely...

Does @rudy49 have a freaking clue what he's talking about, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

To all my friends here...

Cheers... Peace, and love!

Out for now...

Bubba
I don't know you in person but I love you man.

Nov 19, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #2,332 of 5,923
I'd say 99% that iusb or purifier would be awaste of ur cash as the zen already measures so low in jitter ect,even if it did it would minimal and you wouldn't hear any difference anyway

That’s what I figured. I already have them as I’m using them directly out of my MacBook but wondered when I get the ZS if it’s even worth hooking them up. They do an amazing job cleaning to the signal before the dac but that could be more because the MacBook is also delivering noise with the signal where the ZS is more of a cleaner signal to begin with.

Nov 19, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #2,333 of 5,923
Count me in as a more than satisfied user. The only two nitpicks I had were:
  1. The flaky transition when switching from SPDIF to USB
  2. The bright lights during night listening
1. was fixed in the last firmware update :sunglasses:
2. was fixed when I finally realised you could turn the lights off (LOL)

My ZS works flawlessly over 5G wifi feeding either my Holo Audio Spring 3 DAC via MiniDSP DDRC-22D using SPDIF for speaker listening or direct to the Spring 3 using USB for headphone listening.

Nov 20, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #2,334 of 5,923
I use a dedicated router for ZS. It works as a bridge receiving a wifi signal from the main router. So there are no other devices connected to this router. And I replaced the stock PSU of the router with ipower 12v. ZS will be equipped with ipower X 12v.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #2,335 of 5,923
Hey folks,

If you can help it after saying your peace, please keep discussion on the Zen Stream and not directed at any one person - let's keep things civil and return to the product at hand.

Thanks.

Nov 20, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #2,336 of 5,923
Hi all, did any of you guys facing problem when trying to setup ifi app connect to zen?

I tried many times but the setup did not pass through last screen, the transfer progress and it will return to "Add Device" screen.

I don't really intend to use the app but is nice to have it setup.

During the setup on 2nd screen, it prompted for WiFi details, this should be my home WiFi id/password, right?

Nov 20, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #2,337 of 5,923
Hi all, did any of you guys facing problem when trying to setup ifi app connect to zen?

I tried many times but the setup did not pass through last screen, the transfer progress and it will return to "Add Device" screen.

During the setup on 2nd screen, it prompted for WiFi details, this should be my home WiFi id/password, right?
Could be a network conflict does your router and wifi have the same IP address are you using WiFi or Ethernet connection?

Nov 20, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #2,339 of 5,923
Yes, I'm using WiFi so should not have conflict since not using ethernet.
Any device connected to the same network (ie, same router) either wired or wireless must have a unique IP address to avoid conflicts. And unless you have assigned a static IP address to a device in your network you won have conflicts. But the way devices are connected (wired or wireless) doesn’t matter

Nov 20, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #2,340 of 5,923

it done this to me as well first time,done a reset and set it up again and its been fine since

Users who are viewing this thread

Back