iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Oct 2, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #406 of 1,588
Upgraded the firmware, it went quite smooth, I don't find any crashes with the app.

That said, I have no idea what this fixes, especially as the download includes various devices, and there is no telling which of the changes are for GO blu. For example:

• LED indication – double click for ON/OFF

That doesn't work for GO blu.

A better, detailed changelogs specific to GO blu will be appreciated.

As for the sound, probably just my mind playing trick on me and I can't really confirm without another unit for comparison, but it seems turning on the Xbass get even deeper bass with this firmware. Also it seems the overall sound got a bit smoother. But could just be placebo, I don't know... lol

Hiss is still unchanged, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #407 of 1,588
This thing is actually DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEARING!!
All system sounds go top volume and are massively loud on an iPhone.
Hopefully a glitch but so far i had 3 seriously bad loud incidents!
Can't think of anything worst really..

Oct 2, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #408 of 1,588
I've had my Go Blu a few days and I'm really enjoying it. It needs a clip though. I'm using it with a Sony phone with LDAC. It sounds great, I listen to a lot of bass heavy music with bassy IEMs so xbass is not needed. I switch it on put it in my shirt pocket and don't need to touch it unless I want to pause a track or skip etc.

I have a spare phone made by Huawei that has a HipDac stuck to it most of the time. When I paired it with the Go Blu it used HWA which I was unfamiliar with, I think it is the same as LHDC but not certain. Sounds good and seems to have similar range to LDAC. This isn't my first device of the type, I've been using a BTR5 and ES100 for about 18 months, the BTR5 is used daily
for many hours, battery runtime was only about 8 hours. I think IFI might be being a little conservative with their estimated runtime, yesterday I got 13 hours of loud play using LDAC. It may have been a bit longer. Am pleased about that.

My Go Blu is functioning perfectly, is this firmware update a necessity or improvement?

Oct 2, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #410 of 1,588
I have lost my serial number as the sticker on the back is gone. How do I upgrade to the latest firmware without it.?
Serial number can be found on the box as well.

Here is the file if you lost your box as well.

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #411 of 1,588
Really?????:thinking:

So update for your product is released, but can only be used by an Android phone, not a computer????

Doesn't bode well for my incoming Go Blu later this week...

Apple takes much longer than Android does with some apps, and App Store-related things are out of our control.

We hope to have an update soon!

Is there a change in sound signature or features. From release notes it seems they tweaked some settings on LED Display. Sony was notorious for changing sound signature each FW release. The stock sound of ifi go blu is simply sublime

No there is not. If there is a change to sound signatures, it will be in a new firmware like how our GTO filter works.
Still hoping for an FW update to fix this. Not even an IEM like the 64 Audio Trio with its LID tech could subdue the hiss completely, which is quite surprising.

The hiss is being worked on but there are no updates to provide yet.

Also, the hiss is due to the sensitivity of IEMs. A more sensitive headphone will have more hiss coming out of any source.

The sensitivity is set a good middle ground for the GO Blu to be able to run a wide variety of IEMs to full sized headphones.
Upgraded the firmware, it went quite smooth, I don't find any crashes with the app.

That said, I have no idea what this fixes, especially as the download includes various devices, and there is no telling which of the changes are for GO blu. For example:

That doesn't work for GO blu.

A better, detailed changelogs specific to GO blu will be appreciated.

As for the sound, probably just my mind playing trick on me and I can't really confirm without another unit for comparison, but it seems turning on the Xbass get even deeper bass with this firmware. Also it seems the overall sound got a bit smoother. But could just be placebo, I don't know... lol

Hiss is still unchanged, unfortunately.

The hiss is not something that is changed with this firmware update.

I will provide updates on this as I have them.

This thing is actually DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEARING!!
All system sounds go top volume and are massively loud on an iPhone.
Hopefully a glitch but so far i had 3 seriously bad loud incidents!
Can't think of anything worst really..

Hi,

This does seem to be a glitch as this is the first time I have seen a report like this.

What happens before the glitch? Is there anything you can do to replicate it?

I've had my Go Blu a few days and I'm really enjoying it. It needs a clip though. I'm using it with a Sony phone with LDAC. It sounds great, I listen to a lot of bass heavy music with bassy IEMs so xbass is not needed. I switch it on put it in my shirt pocket and don't need to touch it unless I want to pause a track or skip etc.

I have a spare phone made by Huawei that has a HipDac stuck to it most of the time. When I paired it with the Go Blu it used HWA which I was unfamiliar with, I think it is the same as LHDC but not certain. Sounds good and seems to have similar range to LDAC. This isn't my first device of the type, I've been using a BTR5 and ES100 for about 18 months, the BTR5 is used daily
for many hours, battery runtime was only about 8 hours. I think IFI might be being a little conservative with their estimated runtime, yesterday I got 13 hours of loud play using LDAC. It may have been a bit longer. Am pleased about that.

My Go Blu is functioning perfectly, is this firmware update a necessity or improvement?

We go by the mentality of if things aren't broken, they don't mean they also can't be improved. Many of our firmware updates are improvements upon the previous.

Glad to hear the battery life is great for you. It is a conservative estimate.

I have lost my serial number as the sticker on the back is gone. How do I upgrade to the latest firmware without it.?

Serial number can be found on the box as well.

Here is the file if you lost your box as well.

You can randomize the numbers for this unit and get into the firmware page that way,

And yes, you can find it in the box!

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #412 of 1,588
Funny reading some of the comments relative to the price point of this little guppy.

Here are my early thoughts:

1. This device is solid. If you buy it, have fun, don't worry so much what it competes with.
2. There is definitely $200 of value here...likely more.
3. Running iPhone --> ifi --> Don't get any hiss or mircophonics (as of yet)
4. The volume knob could be smoother --> little on the clicky/plastic side --> you have to accept some things at this price

Sound is clean + slightly warm ifi house sound. Still amazed at how small this things is. Enjoy your music + Drink IPA/Beer.

IMG_1304.jpeg

Thanks so much! Appreciate your feedback. Enjoy that IPA!

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #413 of 1,588
So actually what does the new firmware do.. I just read no change in sound signature which is good, led lights don’t have any change.. so what exactly did we get. Can the ifi team please clarify.. is this worth upgrading or just stick with old..

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #414 of 1,588
So actually what does the new firmware do.. I just read no change in sound signature which is good, led lights don’t have any change.. so what exactly did we get. Can the ifi team please clarify.. is this worth upgrading or just stick with old..

These are the release notes, which are pretty self-explanatory in what is changed. We usually don't "info dump" changes and always provide summaries like this.

We highly recommend upgrading all firmware in general for our devices. Our general rule of thumb is to not overthink things when it comes to firmware!

Sleep mode – removed
• Minor bug fixes
• HWA improvements

Oct 2, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #415 of 1,588
These are the release notes, which are pretty self-explanatory in what is changed. We usually don't "info dump" changes and always provide summaries like this.

We highly recommend upgrading all firmware in general for our devices. Our general rule of thumb is to not overthink things when it comes to firmware!

Sleep mode – removed
• Minor bug fixes
• HWA improvements
Yes I saw that in release notes and posted few pages earlier but what exactly changed

I don’t think this player had sleep mode.. I has asked that as a feature to add auto off in firmware. Is there a sleep mode existing in go blu if yes what is set to currently

People who upgraded can’t seem to make LED indication work. So which button turns led indicator off. Power button?

I am sorry I am always gun shy when upgrading firmware if there is no option to roll back..

Last why wouldn’t you info dump.. for people who don’t need details can read summary But for others details may help just a thought

Oct 2, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #416 of 1,588
Yes I saw that in release notes and posted few pages earlier but what exactly changed

I don’t think this player had sleep mode.. I has asked that as a feature to add auto off in firmware. Is there a sleep mode existing in go blu if yes what is set to currently

People who upgraded can’t seem to make LED indication work. So which button turns led indicator off. Power button?

I am sorry I am always gun shy when upgrading firmware if there is no option to roll back..

Last why wouldn’t you info dump.. for people who don’t need details can read summary But for others details may help just a thought

Not sure what's being miscommunicated here, but these are the release notes that include what changed.

- There was a sleep mode on this device, and it was removed due to a popular request.
- I will double-check for you all on what button this is on Monday.

We don't info dump because it was a common community request for us not to, and we have gone by that since. We will not list every individual change one by one, and I hope you can understand that.

I will also see if we can get this firmware uploaded so there is an option for you all to roll back if needed.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #419 of 1,588
Hi,

This does seem to be a glitch as this is the first time I have seen a report like this.

What happens before the glitch? Is there anything you can do to
Basically as i use it for music or other media and i pause, the next few seconds if you lock the screen or receive a message the volume has gone up to Max and that is why, any idea why the volume would jump back at max like that. Also it happened on playing music once as i didn't think on checking the volume level after connecting to the iPhone and it was at max and blew my ears

Oct 3, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #420 of 1,588
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back