iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Oct 1, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #393 of 1,588
What's new?
This is what I found in release notes

Sleep mode – removed
• LED indication – double click for ON/OFF
• Minor bug fixes
• HWA improvements

but here is what bugs me.. in 2021 it wants me to side load apk on my phone subverting App Store checks for quality of app and then asks to allow access to contacts , media .. why contacts media file permission yes, why contacts ?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #395 of 1,588
Not at the moment, but we're working on it!

Shortly we should have this info and either @Sebastien Chiu or me will post it in this thread.
Really?????:thinking:

So update for your product is released, but can only be used by an Android phone, not a computer????

Doesn't bode well for my incoming Go Blu later this week...

Oct 1, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #396 of 1,588
Updated the FW, still hisses with my Dunu EST112 out of 4.4mm. I also tried the Oriolus Isaballae with 4.4mm on the previous version, didn’t hiss so obviously there are different impedances in play as well.

Hopefully the next FW can provide better support for sensitive IEMs out of 4.4mm

Oct 1, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #397 of 1,588
Found a perfect hard travel case for ifi go blu

Attachments

• IMG_20211001_210135~2.jpg
    IMG_20211001_210135~2.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211001_210419~2.jpg
    IMG_20211001_210419~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211001_210301~2.jpg
    IMG_20211001_210301~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Oct 1, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #398 of 1,588
Updated the FW, still hisses with my Dunu EST112 out of 4.4mm. I also tried the Oriolus Isaballae with 4.4mm on the previous version, didn’t hiss so obviously there are different impedances in play as well.

Hopefully the next FW can provide better support for sensitive IEMs out of 4.4mm
Is there a change in sound signature or features. From release notes it seems they tweaked some settings on LED Display. Sony was notorious for changing sound signature each FW release. The stock sound of ifi go blu is simply sublime

Oct 1, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #399 of 1,588
Is there a change in sound signature or features. From release notes it seems they tweaked some settings on LED Display. Sony was notorious for changing sound signature each FW release. The stock sound of ifi go blu is simply sublime

I didn’t notice much change in sound signature. Didn’t figure out how that LED toggling works, tried some double clicking but didn’t see any difference.

I think the gain setting has been changed? It might have increased as I notice some faint hissing with my Isabellae now. I didn’t remember what my volume settings were before the update but it seems like it’s quite loud now with less volume increment. Someone should check this before and after the update.

Oct 2, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #400 of 1,588

Not gonna happen through 4.4.use 3.5

Oct 2, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #401 of 1,588
The GAIA Control app is SUPER BUGGY on my Sony Xperia 5 (Android 11 on latest patch). It is borderline frozen after launch and just impossible to do anything on it. This is officially the worst app (ever just for updating firmware) on any Bluetooth headphone adapter I ever used, considered I have used almost everyone one of them.

Unimpressed.

Oct 2, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #402 of 1,588
The GAIA Control app is SUPER BUGGY on my Sony Xperia 5 (Android 11 on latest patch). It is borderline frozen after launch and just impossible to do anything on it. This is officially the worst app (ever just for updating firmware) on any Bluetooth headphone adapter I ever used, considered I have used almost everyone one of them.

Unimpressed.
I struggled with it as well. You need to make sure that the GO is in pairing mode even if you have already paired it to that device.

Also you need to give it full location access, not just a one time only. Mine started working perfectly after I did that.
Just revoke the permissions afterwards.

Oct 2, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #403 of 1,588
I struggled with it as well. You need to make sure that the GO is in pairing mode even if you have already paired it to that device.

Also you need to give it full location access, not just a one time only. Mine started working perfectly after I did that.
Just revoke the permissions afterwards.

Thanks, setting to full location access seems to do the trick. My X5 only allows me set to 'when app running' by default and I need to go into app setting to change it to full access. Still, someone should really rework the app.

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #404 of 1,588
Not gonna happen through 4.4.use 3.5

Still hoping for an FW update to fix this. Not even an IEM like the 64 Audio Trio with its LID tech could subdue the hiss completely, which is quite surprising.

Oct 2, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #405 of 1,588
Funny reading some of the comments relative to the price point of this little guppy.

Here are my early thoughts:

1. This device is solid. If you buy it, have fun, don't worry so much what it competes with.
2. There is definitely $200 of value here...likely more.
3. Running iPhone --> ifi --> Don't get any hiss or mircophonics (as of yet)
4. The volume knob could be smoother --> little on the clicky/plastic side --> you have to accept some things at this price

Sound is clean + slightly warm ifi house sound. Still amazed at how small this things is. Enjoy your music + Drink IPA/Beer.

IMG_1304.jpeg
ouch, thought the volume knob is metal, not plastic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back